800 users online (164 members and 636 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221

    Rules for RDIs

    Take back the power with a few simple guidelines:

    1) Never be afraid to go into enemy territory. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, so don't allow your adversaries a dark corner to hide in.

    2) Expose the Rs and their acolytes for who and what they are--in their own words and actions.

    3) Be open about yourself. If you have special knowledge that might be helpful and informative, don't hesitiate to establish yourself.

    4) Don't let IDIs control the narrative. If you have something to say, say it! If you feel the need to correct someone, do so.

    5) Control your own statements--don't let IDI do it. IDIs seem to love strawman arguments. As I've found out firsthand, they'll twist your words, put words in your mouth; anything to make you easier to attack. Don't let them get away with it.

    6) Be adaptable.

    7) Don't pretend to know more than you do. Most of us are not experts. We may have reason on our side, but don't be afraid to ask pointed questions rather than citing facts you are not sure of.

    8) Don't let them pretend to know more than they do. Force them to play on your field. NEVER be afraid to ask why. "Why do you trust this person? Why do you take what they say at face value?" And so on. They have only illusions. Shatter the illusion. Ask them to provide evidence for their assertions, and ask them to provide sources for that evidence. Attacking the basis of their arguments can be FUN!

    9) Ridicule is your best weapon. Never feel the need to be serious 24/7. This does not mean ridiculing the person you are speaking to. Rather, make sport of their sacred cows. Don't be afraid to use colorful language.

    10) Don't let them ignore their own rules. Challenge hypocrisy.

    11) Truth is not mean. It's truth. Never let them take the moral high ground when you feel you are in the right. Never let them browbeat you. Never feel like you have to back down.

    12) Remember WHY you are here. Those who fight monsters must be careful not to BECOME monsters.


    PLAY BALL!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    653
    This works for hunting vampires as well I believe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    This works for hunting vampires as well I believe
    You really shouldn't give me set-ups like that.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Take back the power with a few simple guidelines:

    1) Never be afraid to go into enemy territory. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, so don't allow your adversaries a dark corner to hide in.

    2) Expose the Rs and their acolytes for who and what they are--in their own words and actions.

    3) Be open about yourself. If you have special knowledge that might be helpful and informative, don't hesitiate to establish yourself.

    4) Don't let IDIs control the narrative. If you have something to say, say it! If you feel the need to correct someone, do so.

    5) Control your own statements--don't let IDI do it. IDIs seem to love strawman arguments. As I've found out firsthand, they'll twist your words, put words in your mouth; anything to make you easier to attack. Don't let them get away with it.

    6) Be adaptable.

    7) Don't pretend to know more than you do. Most of us are not experts. We may have reason on our side, but don't be afraid to ask pointed questions rather than citing facts you are not sure of.

    8) Don't let them pretend to know more than they do. Force them to play on your field. NEVER be afraid to ask why. "Why do you trust this person? Why do you take what they say at face value?" And so on. They have only illusions. Shatter the illusion. Ask them to provide evidence for their assertions, and ask them to provide sources for that evidence. Attacking the basis of their arguments can be FUN!

    9) Ridicule is your best weapon. Never feel the need to be serious 24/7. This does not mean ridiculing the person you are speaking to. Rather, make sport of their sacred cows. Don't be afraid to use colorful language.

    10) Don't let them ignore their own rules. Challenge hypocrisy.

    11) Truth is not mean. It's truth. Never let them take the moral high ground when you feel you are in the right. Never let them browbeat you. Never feel like you have to back down.

    12) Remember WHY you are here. Those who fight monsters must be careful not to BECOME monsters.


    PLAY BALL!

    Interesting. Sometimes IDI's are classified in a category because of what they believe as if it is disease. But in reality, they have more knowlege based on fact and not the media or others from 14 years ago. Carry on and keep fighting the good fight RDI's.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Interesting. Sometimes IDI's are classified in a category because of what they believe as if it is disease. But in reality, they have more knowlege based on fact and not the media or others from 14 years ago. Carry on and keep fighting the good fight RDI's.
    I think I'd better wait until I cool down before I respond to this. It's not pretty when I lose my temper, which I have a tendency to do when I'm being handled, patronized and when my intelligence is insulted.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    You should post this on CS forum dave.
    I say what i mean please or offend

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf86 View Post
    You should post this on CS forum dave.
    No sooner said than done!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Take back the power with a few simple guidelines:

    1) Never be afraid to go into enemy territory. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, so don't allow your adversaries a dark corner to hide in.

    2) Expose the Rs and their acolytes for who and what they are--in their own words and actions.

    3) Be open about yourself. If you have special knowledge that might be helpful and informative, don't hesitiate to establish yourself.

    4) Don't let IDIs control the narrative. If you have something to say, say it! If you feel the need to correct someone, do so.

    5) Control your own statements--don't let IDI do it. IDIs seem to love strawman arguments. As I've found out firsthand, they'll twist your words, put words in your mouth; anything to make you easier to attack. Don't let them get away with it.

    6) Be adaptable.

    7) Don't pretend to know more than you do. Most of us are not experts. We may have reason on our side, but don't be afraid to ask pointed questions rather than citing facts you are not sure of.

    8) Don't let them pretend to know more than they do. Force them to play on your field. NEVER be afraid to ask why. "Why do you trust this person? Why do you take what they say at face value?" And so on. They have only illusions. Shatter the illusion. Ask them to provide evidence for their assertions, and ask them to provide sources for that evidence. Attacking the basis of their arguments can be FUN!

    9) Ridicule is your best weapon. Never feel the need to be serious 24/7. This does not mean ridiculing the person you are speaking to. Rather, make sport of their sacred cows. Don't be afraid to use colorful language.

    10) Don't let them ignore their own rules. Challenge hypocrisy.

    11) Truth is not mean. It's truth. Never let them take the moral high ground when you feel you are in the right. Never let them browbeat you. Never feel like you have to back down.

    12) Remember WHY you are here. Those who fight monsters must be careful not to BECOME monsters.


    PLAY BALL!
    Your list looks like it is taken directly from and almost word for word from Andrew Breitbart's new book, “Righteous Indignation.” Here is brief mention of it, including his list.

    http://midtownrepublican.com/archives/3437

    Breitbart Unleashed
    By Georgeann King, on May 17th, 2011


    Breitbart outlines his plans and tells us “to get out of our comfort zone” with these 13 ideas:
    1. “Don’t be afraid to go into enemy territory." This is perhaps the most important rule you’ll read in this book, and the one most likely to be ignored by the Republican Party and the Old Guard in the conservative movement.”
    2. “Expose the left for who they are – in their own words.” Breitbart points to the citizen journalists who successfully got the story out on Dan Rather and the fake Bush memos, the Swiftboaters and the Van Jones outing.
    3. “Be open about your secrets. If you’re going to go out in public, be absolutely open about what you’ve done in the past.”
    4. “Don’t let the Complex use its PC lexicon to characterize you and shape the narrative.” Republicans, he says, suffer from whipped dog syndrome where every word and policy is shaped by a defensiveness against its master.
    5. “Control your own story – don’t let the Complex do it.” He cites how he released the ACORN videos piecemeal so as to get the most publicity out of them.
    6. “Ubiquity is key.” Try to get the story out on different venues – TV, facebook, newspaper, the internet.
    7. “Engage in the social arena.” Breitbart advocates using facebook, twitter and keeping up on the social media.
    8. “Don’t pretend to know more than you do.”
    9. “Don’t let them pretend to know more than they do – the converse of the previous rule.”
    10. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” Saul Alinsky knew this better than anyone and the Left has used it brilliantly.
    11. “Don’t let them get away with ignoring their own rules.” Remember Senator Robert Byrd? His stint in the KKK got a pass from Democrats.
    12. “Truth isn’t mean. It’s truth.” There is absolute truth, Breitbart reminds us.
    13. “Believe in the audacity of hope. It cannot happen without you.” We know one person who used that idea successfully.

    And, from this Tea Party website, another much longer essay on his book, with this from the list:

    Most helpful is Chapter 7 entitled Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Revolutionaries. Here are specific tips to help the Tea Party crowd overcome their political inexperience:
    1. Don't be afraid to go into enemy territory.
    2. Expose the left for who they are-in their own words.
    3. Be open about your secrets.
    4. Don't let the Complex use its PC lexicon to characterize you and shape the narrative.
    5. Control your own story-don't let the Complex do it.
    6. Ubiquity is the key.
    7. Engage in the social arena.
    8. Don't pretend to know more than you do.
    9. Don't let them pretend to know more than they do.
    10. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.

    http://teapartyatperrysburg.blogspot...nation-or.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019
    Oh Dave, I miss you so much! Really have to get life sorted to spend more time on herexxxx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Oh Dave, I miss you so much! Really have to get life sorted to spend more time on herexxxx
    Lot of that going around!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Your list looks like it is taken directly from and almost word for word from Andrew Breitbart's new book, “Righteous Indignation.” Here is brief mention of it, including his list.

    http://midtownrepublican.com/archives/3437

    Breitbart Unleashed
    By Georgeann King, on May 17th, 2011


    Breitbart outlines his plans and tells us “to get out of our comfort zone” with these 13 ideas:
    1. “Don’t be afraid to go into enemy territory." This is perhaps the most important rule you’ll read in this book, and the one most likely to be ignored by the Republican Party and the Old Guard in the conservative movement.”
    2. “Expose the left for who they are – in their own words.” Breitbart points to the citizen journalists who successfully got the story out on Dan Rather and the fake Bush memos, the Swiftboaters and the Van Jones outing.
    3. “Be open about your secrets. If you’re going to go out in public, be absolutely open about what you’ve done in the past.”
    4. “Don’t let the Complex use its PC lexicon to characterize you and shape the narrative.” Republicans, he says, suffer from whipped dog syndrome where every word and policy is shaped by a defensiveness against its master.
    5. “Control your own story – don’t let the Complex do it.” He cites how he released the ACORN videos piecemeal so as to get the most publicity out of them.
    6. “Ubiquity is key.” Try to get the story out on different venues – TV, facebook, newspaper, the internet.
    7. “Engage in the social arena.” Breitbart advocates using facebook, twitter and keeping up on the social media.
    8. “Don’t pretend to know more than you do.”
    9. “Don’t let them pretend to know more than they do – the converse of the previous rule.”
    10. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” Saul Alinsky knew this better than anyone and the Left has used it brilliantly.
    11. “Don’t let them get away with ignoring their own rules.” Remember Senator Robert Byrd? His stint in the KKK got a pass from Democrats.
    12. “Truth isn’t mean. It’s truth.” There is absolute truth, Breitbart reminds us.
    13. “Believe in the audacity of hope. It cannot happen without you.” We know one person who used that idea successfully.

    And, from this Tea Party website, another much longer essay on his book, with this from the list:

    Most helpful is Chapter 7 entitled Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Revolutionaries. Here are specific tips to help the Tea Party crowd overcome their political inexperience:
    1. Don't be afraid to go into enemy territory.
    2. Expose the left for who they are-in their own words.
    3. Be open about your secrets.
    4. Don't let the Complex use its PC lexicon to characterize you and shape the narrative.
    5. Control your own story-don't let the Complex do it.
    6. Ubiquity is the key.
    7. Engage in the social arena.
    8. Don't pretend to know more than you do.
    9. Don't let them pretend to know more than they do.
    10. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.

    http://teapartyatperrysburg.blogspot...nation-or.html
    I took inspiration from everywhere, nora. I figured fight Machiavellian with Machiavellian.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.



Similar Threads

  1. The Rules
    By imamaze in forum Mickey Shunick
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM