NJ NJ - Atlantic City, WhtMale 35-45, UP2912, in motel room, scars on wrist, appendectomy scar, Jun'82

That's an interesting possible.

As for positives, they have the same asymmetry of the nostrils, similar ears, similarly shaped mouths, and similar chins and jawlines.

For negatives, the UID looks much older IMO, and his hairline looks different. His hair is also much lighter (FWIW), and his eyebrows are thicker and have less arch. There's no indication that Schweighart's photo was taken years before his disappearance.

I wish the photo of Schweighart was clearer. the bridge of the nose (which is washed out of the photo) would tell us alot

Is anyone familiar with the New Lisbon Center in NJ? Little research shows it was (is?) a residential facility for 18+ adults with developmental disabilties.

I agree the picture of Kenneth is a little grainy, but I definitely like the ears, bulb of nose, lips, jawline, hairline and bridge of nose.

As far as hair, both men were described as partially graying.

I think it is possible the photo was taken at an early stage, since it does look like an institutional id photo.

The teeth also seem circumstantially linkable, but I wish we had more info about medical history (to match up appendix scar).

Actually, I wish more profiles in general offered more medical insights. It would really help eliminate possibles much quicker.

I am going to wait for a little more feedback before contacting LE. Also if anyone has other info or resources to answer some of these other questions, that would help, too.

Is anyone familiar with the New Lisbon Center in NJ? Little research shows it was (is?) a residential facility for 18+ adults with developmental disabilties.

I agree the picture of Kenneth is a little grainy, but I definitely like the ears, bulb of nose, lips, jawline, hairline and bridge of nose.

As far as hair, both men were described as partially graying.

I think it is possible the photo was taken at an early stage, since it does look like an institutional id photo.

The teeth also seem circumstantially linkable, but I wish we had more info about medical history (to match up appendix scar).

Actually, I wish more profiles in general offered more medical insights. It would really help eliminate possibles much quicker.

I am going to wait for a little more feedback before contacting LE. Also if anyone has other info or resources to answer some of these other questions, that would help, too.

I am familiar with New Lisbon back in the '70's and '80's. At that time it was a very rural place. Don't know what it's like there now. What would you like to know? I'll answer if I can.

the biggest downside of this being a match is that I seriously doubt that Schweighart, who weighed between 145 and 155 lbs in March 1982 would have ballooned up to the estimated 220 lb mark by June 1982 when the UID was found. that would have been a roughly 70 lb weight gain in 3 months.

the height estimates are off too, Schweighart being between 5'7" and 5'9" and the UID was measured at 5'11".

I am familiar with New Lisbon back in the '70's and '80's. At that time it was a very rural place. Don't know what it's like there now. What would you like to know? I'll answer if I can.

I think any information you can provide about conditions, capacity, etc would be great, thanks!

The Doe Network:
Case File 684UMNJ

684UMNJ.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male
  • The victim was discovered on June 24, 1982 in Atlantic County, New Jersey
  • Estimated Date of Death: June 21, 1982

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated Year of Birth: 35-45 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0"; 200-220 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair with few grey; hair is primarily concentrated on the sides of the head; partially bald over the vertex; blue eyes. The victim has an appendectomy scar and old try type scars on wrists. He has a large build with a medium complexion. He has a full beard and mustache.
    [*]Clothing: White T-shirt, jockey shorts, white socks with green band around the toes.
    [*]DNA: Not available
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 not visualized; tooth #5 is heavily decayed and at one time was filled with an MOD filling; tooth #9 is dark in color; tooth #20 is a gold crown with tooth color veneer; space between lower left central incisors and also between lower right lateral incisor and lower right cuspid.

Case History
The victim was found on June 24, 1982 in Atlantic County, New Jersey. The cause of death is asphyxia.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
New Jersey State Police
800-709-7090
--
Atlantic County Sheriff's Office
609-641-0111

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
82-108
NCIC Number:
U215338725

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
New Jersey State Police
UDRS

Namus

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2912

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/684umnj.html

"Old try type scars on wrist"? "Try" as in "suicide attempt"?
Odd way of putting it.
Cause of death was asphyxia? What happened there? Murder or suicide? (They normally say when someone's hanged themselves.)

In the postmortem photo, it looks like he might have a port-wine stain birthmark on his upper left forehead (in that weird darkened area of the sketch). I had assumed that was a mistake/scanning artifact or something before I saw the PM photo.

It has to be a birthmark or healed wound (like a scalding burn), because if it was a peri-mortem wound or a result of decomposition, they wouldn't put it in the sketch. But then why is it not listed as a physical characteristic??? Weird.

CASE NUMBER - 684UMNJ
684UMNJ - Unidentified Male
684UMNJ.jpg

Date of Discovery: June 24, 1982
Location of Discovery: Atlantic City, Atlantic County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Asphyxia

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 35 - 45 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 200-220 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with few grey. Hair is primarily concentrated on the sides of the head; partially bald over the vertex.
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appendectomy scar and old scars on wrists. He has a large build with a medium complexion. He has a full beard and mustache

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 not visualized; tooth #5 is heavily decayed and at one time was filled with an MOD filling; tooth #9 is dark in color; tooth #20 is a gold crown with tooth color veneer; space between lower left central incisors and also between lower right lateral incisor and lower right cuspid
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White Lee tee shirt size 46-48, Jockey brand white undershorts size 38, white socks with green band around the toes, flannel lined green nylon jacket size large, black shirt, black pants, black leather belt, and white ProKed sneakers
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in motel room in Atlantic City, NJ.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: NJ Southern Regional Medical Examiner Office
Agency Phone Number: 609-861-3355
Agency Case Number: 01820488

Agency Name: New Jersey State Police
Agency Phone Number: 800-709-7090
Agency E-Mail: missingp@gw.njsp.org
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U215338725
NamUs Case Number: 2912

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2013; Last Updated: 4/17/18

**WARNING PM PHOTO**
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Exclusions:
MP34437 William Gerald Jr. 07/08/1978 Atlantic NJ
MP7850 Douglas Meer 03/29/1982 Boulder CO
MP1890 David Thomson 07/04/1979 Hennepin MN

James' profile doesn't have much information to work with nor is there a photo attached. All descriptors pretty much match except that he was 3 years younger than the estimated age range for JD. I didn't find any profiles for him on other MP sites. I'll submit this to NamUs as a PM.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs #MP70757
James Sims, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact July 2, 1979 Missing From Western, New York
Missing Age 32 Years
Height 6' 0" - 6' 0" (72 - 72 Inches) Weight 200 - 200 lbs
Hair Color Brown Eye Color Blue

Circumstances of Disappearance - MISSING SINCE 7-2-79 :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors