1186 users online (202 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA

NJ - Atlantic City, WhtMale UP2912, 35-45, in motel room, Jun'82

Warning post mortem in top link

What do you (all) think about this possible match?

https://identifyus.org/cases/2912

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3840%C2%A0
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-01-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

I think it looks like a good match personally

That's an interesting possible.

As for positives, they have the same asymmetry of the nostrils, similar ears, similarly shaped mouths, and similar chins and jawlines.

For negatives, the UID looks much older IMO, and his hairline looks different. His hair is also much lighter (FWIW), and his eyebrows are thicker and have less arch. There's no indication that Schweighart's photo was taken years before his disappearance.

I wish the photo of Schweighart was clearer. the bridge of the nose (which is washed out of the photo) would tell us alot

Is anyone familiar with the New Lisbon Center in NJ? Little research shows it was (is?) a residential facility for 18+ adults with developmental disabilties.

I agree the picture of Kenneth is a little grainy, but I definitely like the ears, bulb of nose, lips, jawline, hairline and bridge of nose.

As far as hair, both men were described as partially graying.

I think it is possible the photo was taken at an early stage, since it does look like an institutional id photo.

The teeth also seem circumstantially linkable, but I wish we had more info about medical history (to match up appendix scar).

Actually, I wish more profiles in general offered more medical insights. It would really help eliminate possibles much quicker.

I am going to wait for a little more feedback before contacting LE. Also if anyone has other info or resources to answer some of these other questions, that would help, too.

Sherlock Holmes

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdx View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the New Lisbon Center in NJ? Little research shows it was (is?) a residential facility for 18+ adults with developmental disabilties.

I agree the picture of Kenneth is a little grainy, but I definitely like the ears, bulb of nose, lips, jawline, hairline and bridge of nose.

As far as hair, both men were described as partially graying.

I think it is possible the photo was taken at an early stage, since it does look like an institutional id photo.

The teeth also seem circumstantially linkable, but I wish we had more info about medical history (to match up appendix scar).

Actually, I wish more profiles in general offered more medical insights. It would really help eliminate possibles much quicker.

I am going to wait for a little more feedback before contacting LE. Also if anyone has other info or resources to answer some of these other questions, that would help, too.
    I am familiar with New Lisbon back in the '70's and '80's. At that time it was a very rural place. Don't know what it's like there now. What would you like to know? I'll answer if I can.

the biggest downside of this being a match is that I seriously doubt that Schweighart, who weighed between 145 and 155 lbs in March 1982 would have ballooned up to the estimated 220 lb mark by June 1982 when the UID was found. that would have been a roughly 70 lb weight gain in 3 months.

the height estimates are off too, Schweighart being between 5'7" and 5'9" and the UID was measured at 5'11".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    I am familiar with New Lisbon back in the '70's and '80's. At that time it was a very rural place. Don't know what it's like there now. What would you like to know? I'll answer if I can.
    I think any information you can provide about conditions, capacity, etc would be great, thanks!

Sherlock Holmes

NJ - Atlantic City, WhtMale UP2912, 35-45, beard & mustache, in motel room, Jun'82

The Doe Network:
    Case File 684UMNJ

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male
    • The victim was discovered on June 24, 1982 in Atlantic County, New Jersey
    • Estimated Date of Death: June 21, 1982

Vital Statistics

• Estimated Year of Birth: 35-45 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0"; 200-220 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair with few grey; hair is primarily concentrated on the sides of the head; partially bald over the vertex; blue eyes. The victim has an appendectomy scar and old try type scars on wrists. He has a large build with a medium complexion. He has a full beard and mustache.
    • Clothing: White T-shirt, jockey shorts, white socks with green band around the toes.
    • DNA: Not available
    • Fingerprints: Available
    • Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 not visualized; tooth #5 is heavily decayed and at one time was filled with an MOD filling; tooth #9 is dark in color; tooth #20 is a gold crown with tooth color veneer; space between lower left central incisors and also between lower right lateral incisor and lower right cuspid.

Case History
    The victim was found on June 24, 1982 in Atlantic County, New Jersey. The cause of death is asphyxia.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    New Jersey State Police
    800-709-7090
    --
    Atlantic County Sheriff's Office
    609-641-0111

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    82-108
    NCIC Number:
    U215338725

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    New Jersey State Police
    UDRS

Namus

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2912

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/684umnj.html

"Old try type scars on wrist"? "Try" as in "suicide attempt"?
    Odd way of putting it.
    Cause of death was asphyxia? What happened there? Murder or suicide? (They normally say when someone's hanged themselves.)

In the postmortem photo, it looks like he might have a port-wine stain birthmark on his upper left forehead (in that weird darkened area of the sketch). I had assumed that was a mistake/scanning artifact or something before I saw the PM photo.

It has to be a birthmark or healed wound (like a scalding burn), because if it was a peri-mortem wound or a result of decomposition, they wouldn't put it in the sketch. But then why is it not listed as a physical characteristic??? Weird.