1105 users online (228 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tornado hits Springfield Massachusetts

BOSTON — At least four people were killed when tornadoes touched down Wednesday in Springfield, Mass., and a number of nearby towns. The twisters flipped vehicles, collapsed buildings and stunned residents who are not used to such violent storms.

Gov. Deval Patrick activated the National Guard and declared a state of emergency. He said that at least two tornadoes had hit and that serious damage had been reported in 19 communities, many of them small towns along the Massachusetts Turnpik

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/us...o.html?_r=2&hp

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was in line of these bad storms.

This stuff scares the crap out of me. I live in a small town in PA and we do get storms/wind but I am so scared of getting a tornado now because of all this crazy weather. We've had warnings but a lot of times they have passed us and we just get a storm. The county next to me had an EF1 touch down it did some damage but nothing majorly destructive and no deaths or anything. I used to be afraid of storms when I was little but eventually I got over it. Well that fear is back full force ever since we got this one really bad storm when we were under tornado warning a few weeks ago. Ever since I've been paranoid. Like this crap in MA didn't even happen to me and I have anxiety over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    BOSTON — At least four people were killed when tornadoes touched down Wednesday in Springfield, Mass., and a number of nearby towns. The twisters flipped vehicles, collapsed buildings and stunned residents who are not used to such violent storms.

Gov. Deval Patrick activated the National Guard and declared a state of emergency. He said that at least two tornadoes had hit and that serious damage had been reported in 19 communities, many of them small towns along the Massachusetts Turnpik

This stuff scares the crap out of me. I live in a small town in PA and we do get storms/wind but I am so scared of getting a tornado now because of all this crazy weather. We've had warnings but a lot of times they have passed us and we just get a storm. The county next to me had an EF1 touch down it did some damage but nothing majorly destructive and no deaths or anything. I used to be afraid of storms when I was little but eventually I got over it. Well that fear is back full force ever since we got this one really bad storm when we were under tornado warning a few weeks ago. Ever since I've been paranoid. Like this crap in MA didn't even happen to me and I have anxiety over it.

From what I understand tornado season lasts through June, but now comes hurricane season.They do say if conditions are right tornadoes can hit almost anytime of the year. Hope we don't get a lot of cat 4 and 5, hurricanes this season, I'm still thinking about all that BP oil coming ashore, with a couple of really strong storms, to totally ruin the environment.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

One tornado hit 5 miles from my dad in West Springfield .
    We were all frantic but he is okay . I feel so bad for all the people affected by tornados this year .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    BOSTON At least four people were killed when tornadoes touched down Wednesday in Springfield, Mass., and a number of nearby towns. The twisters flipped vehicles, collapsed buildings and stunned residents who are not used to such violent storms.

I sure understand your fear. I have always had a storm phobia. Last month we had a tornado roll right past our neighborhood and I have to pass the miles of destruction every day to go anywhere. Mostly trees leaning or broken off or uprooted. It was an F3 and 2 people died. But, now that my worst fear has happened, my dread has lessened.

The odds of having one in your area are very slim. Being hit by it is a million to 1. If hit, being injured is rare. They make a lot of noise and knock down trees and huff and puff. But overall that is all they are, wind and noise. Try not to let them make you nervous and I will try to do the same.

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.