935 users online (236 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN~Leonard Beaty convicted of impregnating 11 yr. old

Why was this man convicted of child molestation? Why not First Degree Rape? And what "truth" is known? The truth is that he faces up to 150 years. I wish he would have paid attention to what his Bible told him---before he raped.

Jury in South Bend convicts man, 35, of impregnating 11-year-old

"A 35-year-old man was convicted by a jury Wednesday of impregnating an 11-year-old girl in 2009.

"After a brief deliberation, a jury found Leonard Beaty guilty of three counts of child molesting in St. Joseph Superior Court. The three-day trial included testimony from the victim, now 13, in which she said Beaty began having sex with her when she was 11 and continued to do so even after he found out she was pregnant. The girl later had an abortion...."

"...After the verdict was read around 2:30 p.m., a fight broke out in the middle of Lafayette Blvd., apparently between family members of the victim and family members of Beaty. Courthouse sheriff's deputies ran outside the courthouse to the scene, where one woman kept yelling at another, "We know the truth!....."

"....Beaty read a Bible and prayed during his trial. He was taken into custody immediately after the jury delivered its verdict...."

more at link

There's a number of articles concerning this case and the subject of the child's abortion comes up again and again. Some commenters believe that she was allowed to terminate a pregnancy with no report being made. I've carefully read all I can find and I don't see that. I think that it's common practice to keep DNA as evidence. Possibly this girl did not disclose who impregnated her or was threatened to lie just like the girl in the other Indiana cases for which I just started a thread. The child was 11 and the monster kept raping her after he learned she was pregnant? Her poor little body.

I do have to say, though, that I'd like to be assured that a doctor made a full report.