Who do you think from the SA will deliver Closing Arguments?

Who do you think would be best to deliver Closing Arguments for the States case?

• LDB

Votes: 111 47.4%
  • JA

Votes: 123 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunsetbeach

Reaction score
I think JA would be best. He's forceful, articulate, shows compassion when needed and I think he would be able to get to the jury.

What say you?

They are both wonderful, and either would be an excellent choice, but I have a feeling it will be LDB.

I believe Linda will do it. jmo

Don't get me wrong I love LDB. She to is all the things that I think JA is BUT sometimes she speaks so slow that I kinda get lost in my own train of thought. I remember more of JB's opening statement than I do her's but maybe that's because he spouted so many lies to the jury and we were all wondering what in the world he was going to say.

Either way I think the State will win this case. :D

My answer would be both! In our State there is a closing and then the defense closing and then a rebuttal closing by the State. I would think JA would do the closing and Linda would hit it home. They will do a great job of tying everything together!!!!!

I said JA. LOVE LOVE LOVE LDB, and her opening statement was EXCELLENT. She was needed to do that part. OS call for methodical, direct, and specifics of what's coming and she's great at that.
CS- need passion, precise summary of facts, and a story that fits the evidence. I believe JA is personally affected by this and it will come through his voice. He is a very passionate man and this part of the trial CALLS for that.

I hope Ashton does the closing. It needs to have some fire and passion behind it and he's the one that can deliver that!

I hope Ashton. He is the one who painted that picture and made us all break down pushing ICA to rage demanding AL "Make him stop!" when he described the tape being placed over Caylee's mouth and nose piece by piece and possibly looking her killer in the eyes as she was murdered.

I hope Ashton. He is the one who painted that picture and made us all break down pushing ICA to rage demanding AL "Make him stop!" when he described the tape being placed over Caylee's mouth and nose piece by piece and possibly looking her killer in the eyes as she was murdered.

----------------------
I agree Eidetic. The jury and kc. will feel the pain in his voice.
I like LDB. but he is a bit more forceful..Go State!

JA talks too fast and sometimes gets his words jumbled.

LDB speaks in a concise methodical manner.

I really think it should be her.

:great: :great:

While I think they both are great ... I would like to see JA do the Closing Statement !

It will be the SA's "last statement" to the Jury, and that statement will need to be done with "emotion" and "conviction" -- and Mr. Ashton has both !

Also, I believe JA will do a great job of tying together all the "forensic evidence" for the Jury in conjunction with with all the testimony and evidence the Jury has had to listen to for weeks.

I just cannot wait to see the Closing Statement !!!

MOO MOO and MOO

Jeff "KICK THEIR A$$ES AND TAKE NO PRISONERS" Ashton! He is brilliant.

Linda is awesome too, but when you need to bring it home to close the deal, especially with the death penalty on the line, you need someone that will be hardcore and that is Jeff.

Linda was perfect at not offending the jury right from the start with opening statements. She had a soothing, almost calm "you can trust what I'm saying" voice.

Jose -- so offensive from the beginning and coupled with his horrible presentation, organization and ridiculous line of questioning. I'm sure when he speaks the jury hears "Wha, Wha, Wha....Wha....Wha" (like the teacher in the Charlie Brown series). It's all white noise to them now and this is only Day 19!

IMO, Jeff may have too much passion. If ICA were male, I say turn Jeff loose. I would love (seriously) love to hear Jeff do the closing.

I wanna a poster of Jeff Ashton!!!! He is soooo sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I like and respect Linda Drane Burdick, I hope that Jeff Ashton will give the closing argument.

He simply commands the courtroom. I believe that in his hands, the closing arguments will be the most effective, powerful and riveting.

I think that's why he seems almost under-utilized thus far in the trial... the less he is seen doing the more 'typical' questioning, the more impact his closing will have.

I expect it will be explosive!

Can only one lawyer do a closing? Both LDB and JA should tag team. There's enough material for each of them to cover, with LDB covering the technical side and JA covering the more emotional aspects.

Jeff Ashton, for all the reasons the fine posters above have already mentioned.

My answer would be both! In our State there is a closing and then the defense closing and then a rebuttal closing by the State. I would think JA would do the closing and Linda would hit it home. They will do a great job of tying everything together!!!!!

Same here, and probably in FL, as well. I've always heard the TH's say that the prosecution gets the last word.
I like LDB, but she talks in a monotone, and might put the jurors to sleep, and JA speaks so fast he almost trips over his words, but either one would do well, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back