Why would the DT not use a mental defense?

Necelicious

Reaction score
I hope I am doing this right, knowing everything that's out there for the jury to see and hear, why in the world would the defense not use a mental defense? I feel this was a big big mistake that they have made. Does anyone agree?

Because she's not crazy, she's just mean and hateful. mo

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/casey-mental-health-0412.pdf

She's had more than a couple psch evals IIRC and she does not have mental illness or a personality disorder.

She is what she is...JMHO.

Isn't sociopathy a personality disorder?
I think they didn't go for an insanity defense because she isn't insane. She knows right from wrong. Why else would she hide the body?
I also think there is a reason that the DT doesn't want the psych evals admitted. They probably show that she is without a conscious and is quite capable of killing her child.

My guess: she doesn't have any mental disease. I think they definitely tried though. I'm sure she's been evaluated.

I hate how Baez keeps asking everyone about these "imaginary" friends and implying she's crazy somehow.

I can't believe he's allowed to keep saying these things without having to back this up by a professional.

Isn't sociopathy a personality disorder?
I think they didn't go for an insanity defense because she isn't insane. She knows right from wrong. Why else would she hide the body?
I also think there is a reason that the DT doesn't want the psych evals admitted. They probably show that she is without a conscious and is quite capable of killing her child.

But she wasn't diagnosed with ASPD(sociopathy). She wasn't diagnosed with anything.

To be honest and add to your thoughts---I'm glad she's in Florida and and I'm way over <----------------

I would never want to meet up with her. E-V-E-R. I've had my share of personality disorder experiences with someone in the last month or so that will last me the rest of my lifetime. Honestly.

But she wasn't diagnosed with APSD (sociopathy). She wasn't diagnosed with anything.

To be honest and add to your thoughts---I'm glad she's in Florida and and I'm way over <----------------

I would never want to meet up with her. E-V-E-R. I've had my share of personality disorder experiences with someone in the last month or so that will last me the rest of my lifetime. Honestly.

She wasn't diagnosed with anything?
How is that possible?
Then what IS she?

Also, where did you you hear of her diagnosis or lack thereof? TIA

If Casey is crazy, she's crazy like a fox. Casey is articulate, cunning, and intelligent which is precisely the reason that she believes that she can pull this off and not get caught. The more we hear from Casey herself, the more convinced I am that her parents believed Casey because she is a cool, confident liar. jmo

How is that possible?
Then what IS she?

What IS she? Evil, just simply evil.

I have to LOL at this one. That's my son's name. Proper spelling and everything. He is a blond haired blue eyed sensitive child. thank goodness, could you imagine if I had named him that and he was a holy terror!!:crazy:

How is that possible?
Then what IS she?

The link to the PDF that was admitted into court is in my post (# 2) of this thread.

That is a court document. No diagnosis of any mental illness or personality disorder. IIRC she had other psych's look at her too, they came up with the same conclusion.

HTH.

Ed Kemper who was the co-ed killer and decapitated all of them did not have an insanity defense. He knew the difference between right and wrong, as does ICA. Insanity is a legal term and ICA will never fit it. She is a sociopath and this is the way many of them act. She manipulates and mimics. She doesn't have one original thought. She lives in the moment. She will split people and use their own words against them.

She has plenty of Personality Disorders...all Cluster B, which are Axis IIs and do not qualify as a diagnosis of mental disorder. Axis I is needed to qualify for a mental disorder but even that doesn't qualify for insanity most of the time...unless there is psychosis (which she doesn't have).

Regina v. M'Naghten in 1843.

She does not meet that standard. She is sane. She may have a personality disorder, but she knows right from wrong.

What IS she? Evil, just simply evil.

I thought that today, people are no longer considered evil but are put into personality disorder categories.
That's why I was shocked that she doesn't fit into a certain catagory.

Watching those tapes today i'll say she's the most cruel person i've ever seen.

I hate how Baez keeps asking everyone about these "imaginary" friends and implying she's crazy somehow.

I can't believe he's allowed to keep saying these things without having to back this up by a professional.

Exactly! It makes it sound like KC and the "imaginary" friends share "imaginary" tea parties with "imaginary" pink bunnies, that's it's somehow CUTE. I find this tactic a little twisted, and definitely more than a little annoying...not to mention, unprofessional. But then, yesterday Baez did ask the detective if he "then asked Casey if she had ever committed suicide" (or whatever the exact quote was)....I just about horked up a lung laughing over that one!
:gavel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back