813 users online (92 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    No, it's a woman I know that lives in in my neighborhood (hence, my neighbor...and by "know", means I knew her name and would say hi when I saw her) that was on the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post
    Hi ncsu95

... why would your neighbor consider she may even be on Dateline? Thought it was a friend of your neighbour ... (at her evening poolside) ... that was the juror?

As for the large number of people that don't agree with the verdict - in the true universal sample - that NG group is in fact, a minority. Of course, in some (non trial type) forums, you get a lot of prisoners, or ex-cons, who will vehemently decry the verdict. Of course they would.

Wouldn't pay too much attention to those types, IMOO ... Just sayin ...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi macd!

Thanks for sharing that letter! It's most reassuring to get word back and thereby have a glimpse as to the integrity of the jury. Knowing their verdict was based on the compelling evidence as presented quells any false rumors - that of course are bound to fly ...

That he has decided to maintain his silence speaks volumes, IMO. I'm equally sure the entire jury of 16, as he wrote, discussed this with one another and pledged full respect in not disturbing nor denting their obligations.

A great read! Thank you, again ...
    For those of us who follow crime/trials for years, I don't recall ever seeing jury members incognito on programs such as Dateline. That jurors should feel at risk or threatened is just horrible IMO. Brad Cooper was guilty, as found. It sounds like this jury did it's duty with diligence, unlike perhaps the O.J. jury. I personally find it reprehensible that renegade groups such as golo incite violence and hatred towards those doing their duty as good citizens. MOO. Brad cooper killed his wife, he knows he's guilty. Jurors, please, feel good about your decision, it was right and proper.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    In the couple of other forums I participate in (non trial type sites), the overwhelming thought was not-guilty in the threads following the trial.
    Unlike Golo and other random board comments from casual observers, WS has a good track record for attracting intelligent posters that have followed more than a few trials.

Remember the poll here?
    126 votes and 57% said guilty as charged
    Not overwhelming like your other sites, but clearly guilty nonetheless.

I would have expected this site to have a much higher percentage than 57%. This is very different from most forums. The people that participate on here generally follow lots of trials and are overwhelmingly on here in support of the victims. Not saying that is wrong, but is what it is. The fact that only 57% voted guilty on here says a whole lot.

I don't think they should talk about their verdict and I don't think the media should be hounding them. It only exposes them to the crazies of the world. They've sacrificed enough in their lives and done their civic duty ... now leave them in peace.

I would have expected this site to have a much higher percentage than 57%. This is very different from most forums. The people that participate on here generally follow lots of trials and are overwhelmingly on here in support of the victims. Not saying that is wrong, but is what it is. The fact that only 57% voted guilty on here says a whole lot.
    BBM

nscu95. We would not be wrong to state 57% does not include the total universe of W/S posters. If every member posted, the % would be higher. We may all assume that safely enough. Fact is, they didn't all vote - so it actually says nothing to me; it's a "spoiled" sample.

But, to usurp your own words ... we all know that ... 100% of the jury voted that Bradley Cooper is guilty - basis exacting evidence and testimony - and that, IMHO says a whole lot more.

I have to agree with NCSU that I would have expected a larger percentage of WS posters to have voted guilty, and calling this a "spoiled" sample by anyone is like calling an election with few voters a spoiled election. It only becomes useful to say that if you feel defensive over the outcome in WS or you want to continue to debate. Personally all of us know that none of this matters for BC. It is how the jury voted that matters and on what they based their opinions. Now we know that it was not 100 percent in the beginning but a slow movement to unanimously guilty. I would expect some jurors were upset over not hearing all of the computer evidence. It might not have mattered, but some probably won't like it. I, for one, am proud that they have done the best that they could with the evidence presented to them. I suspect we will hear from others. I would never want to answer questions to the media. They so frequently distort it or take everything out of context.

where is that poll? (I looked & can't find it)

am I remembering correctly that there were three options?
    guilty/not guilty/unsure

if I'm remembering the right poll, I think I voted unsure b/c I didn't have enough info at the time

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    where is that poll? (I looked & can't find it)

am I remembering correctly that there were three options?
    guilty/not guilty/unsure

if I'm remembering the right poll, I think I voted unsure b/c I didn't have enough info at the time
    They are 6 or 7 threads below this one.

Bradley Cooper-Guilty or Not Guilty NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Did the State prove their case? LIST ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-15-2015 at 11:55 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

So 70% of voters believed Brad Cooper to be guilty. I'm basically new here, not sure how many of the people who joined during the Cooper case, if any, had/have agenda's. Is it common for there to be numerous posters with strong opinions to join and make first posts on cases such as this one? Me personally, I never doubted Coopers guilt. Far FAR too many coincidences, circumstantial evidence, for anything else. The Cooper case was/is a text-book case for spousal murder. Much like the Ann Miller case. Once her numerous boyfriends were exposed, it followed the predictable course IMO.

cody & ncsu95

Oh deary, deary me! The bold above is mine and *that's* where ncsu95 skewed the template. ncsu's post clearly stated THIS SITE whereas, in actual fact, this site has well over 4000 members. A fraction of that sample voted. The full W/S universe was most definitely not involved. So, it is .... a spoiled or untrue or unrecognized ... sample.

Had ncsu stated the posters on "this thread" ... aha! ... that's very different story. However, it appears ncsu swept the 57% across Websleuths site.

I agree, that if we're desperate - we may prefer to believe this "site" offered 57% guilty, despite the 100% guilty as proved beyond reasonable doubt, in a court of law. Justice was served. Cooper is where he belongs (and that sentence wasn't fast enough for some of us).

Just sayin ... if one wishes to shred a point ... all salient and distinguishing factors ought to be considered. My take, and I may be wrong, is that the message conveyed was a simple "57% was a mild win by Websleuths...".

That's incorrect.

I didn't skew anything. I said this site referring to websleuths versus other forums. Of course all 4000 ws members didn't vote. And I was specifically talking about the people that participated in the Nancy Cooper forum on websleuths. I would have expected a much higher guilty percentage in this forum (the Nancy Cooper forum on websleuths) than what we actually got.

I do believe NCSU has you on this one, my dear PSA. I do believe that 72 voters voted GUILTY out of 126. I believe that is 57 or so per cent. That represented the results out of the forum here. I have no idea why the others did not vote, but the results are correct and his statement is correct IMO. There is no way you can add in other votes not knowing their outcome. And if we put the 72 voters and compare that to the 4000, well, you don't want to do that either. NCSU skewed nothing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    I do believe NCSU has you on this one, my dear PSA. I do believe that 72 voters voted GUILTY out of 126. I believe that is 57 or so per cent. That represented the results out of the forum here. I have no idea why the others did not vote, but the results are correct and his statement is correct IMO. There is no way you can add in other votes not knowing their outcome. And if we put the 72 voters and compare that to the 4000, well, you don't want to do that either. NCSU skewed nothing IMO.
    Not only that, but I didn't bring up the 57% in the first place. I simply said I would have thought it would have been much higher than 57%. So if you want to accuse someone of "skewing" something, how about accusing the person that posted it in the first place.

Here's a recap:

Me: In a couple other forums I participate in, the overwhelming majority feel he is not guilty.

JTF: Remember the poll here...57% say guilty as charged

Me: I would have expected a lot higher percentage in this forum

You: NCSU95 is skewing numbers/data

Me:
    Last edited by ncsu95; 06-06-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Guess the point is 100% of the jury voted guilty as charged. The judge told them not to second guess after reading blogs and boards with another opinion. I hope they took that advise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast