2011.06.02 Dr. Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Reaction score
First, let me say I believe Casey is guilty.

But....

Dr. Drew's show...

Am I the only victim of sexual abuse offended by the fact that he keeps repeating that he does not believe repeated forced oral sex by her father constitutes "serious, repeated sexual abuse over a long period of time"?

This offends me greatly.

He really was on this platform last night, and it made me throw up.

I don't believe George abused KC, but if what JB alleged was true, that is extreme abuse.

What is wrong with Dr. Drew?

Dr. Drew has been all over the place in trying to discuss this case on his show. First of all, he does not know much about the case. Like right now he has Rusty Yates on as a guest, to sympathize with Casey. He says he feels sorry for her.

I feel sorry for his wife because she was certifiably nuts. She had no malice, she was just crazy. She was psychotic. Very different from a psychopath.

So having Rusty Yates on in terms of this show==makes no sense, imo.

and I like Dr Drew so very much. I did not hear his show, but I am very disappointed in this assessment as a SA survivor

I don't know what's wrong with Dr D but you should be greatly offended by his dismissive attitude about what constitutes sexual abuse! I'm not a victim but I find it offensive too. I've never watched his show so thanks for letting me know that I have no reason to watch him now.

I'm sorry that you experienced abuse, olive. :(

"somebody that is severely destroyed has chronic abuse across their childhood and they're not suggesting that"- Dr. Drew, tonight

He knows nothing about sociopaths either. So you're not one if you haven't killed animals or burned down houses!?:waitasec: ummm... ok Dr. Pat Brown looking at him like he's the nutcase... priceless.

OK....once again...just tuned in with only 10 min to go...the "good" doctor just supported defense team...come on... please... "George, as a former police officer, would know to put duct tape over mouth of dead body to keep fluids from coming out, KC would not."
Dear God.... How could someone who has taken the Hippocratic Oath for the support of LIFE say this? (fame, fortune, money?)

I agree that Dr Drew is discussing the Casey Anthony case without knowing any details. Nor has he really studied Casey's childhood/environment and how it played out to create this woman who is a pathological lier. He is all over the place with this story and it stinks.

I'm really surprised that Rusty Yates is going to be on Dr Drew. Based on what I read, Rusty played a pivotal role in the death of his children, though Andrea was the one who did it. I thought he was the one that continued to push andrea into having more children and that he was a religious extremist.

This is my comment upon watching the Dr. Drew show and logging on here within the last few minutes:

You are way behind the curve, Dr. Drew. Members of Websleuths who have been studying this case for over 3 years know what you are just now trying to figure out.

P.S. -- I posted a few days ago that I thought ICA might actually be a psychopath. I've understood for a long time that she is a sociopath. Then I posted that I needed to understand what the difference is between a psychopath and a sociopath. Pat Brown just said there isn't a whole lot of difference.

interviewing pro poker player...brett schulman...says KC is stone cold...raced for seat in courtroom...says she is cold-hearted and says she stares straight ahead and the jury does not take notes and they watch her and george anthony. 10-1 women in spectator booth...schulman says they are interested in mother/daughter issues.

IMO...Dr. Drew <modsnip> (sorry, had to say it)

Dr. Drew has been all over the place in trying to discuss this case on his show. First of all, he does not know much about the case. Like right now he has Rusty Yates on as a guest, to sympathize with Casey. He says he feels sorry for her.

I feel sorry for his wife because she was certifiably nuts. She had no malice, she was just crazy. She was psychotic. Very different from a psychopath.

So having Rusty Yates on in terms of this show==makes no sense, imo.

I was under the impression he had Rusty Yates on his show tonight in order to explain The Difference Between Psychopathy & Psychosis..Andrea yates was diagnosed as being Psychotic... IMO.. Casey Anthony is a Narcissistic Sociopathic Pathological liar... JMHO

Re: Rusty Yates

Oh, and did you notice that there was a caption under Rusty Yates that said something like: Rusty Yates feels sorry for Casey.

Right.

Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: In the 1830's this disorder was called "moral insanity." By 1900 it was changed to "psychopathic personality." More recently it has been termed "antisocial personality disorder" in the DSM-III and DSM-IV. Some critics have complained that, in the attempt to rely only on 'objective' criteria, the DSM has broadened the concept to include too many individuals. The APD category includes people who commit illegal, immoral or self-serving acts for a variety of reasons and are not necessarily psychopaths.

DSM-IV Definition

Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of regard for the moral or legal standards in the local culture. There is a marked inability to get along with others or abide by societal rules. Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths or sociopaths.

Diagnostic Criteria (DSM-IV)

1. Since the age of fifteen there has been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:
A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.
B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.
C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.
D. Repeated assaults on others.
E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.
F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.
G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.

2. At least eighteen years in age.

3. Evidence of a Conduct Disorder, with its onset before the age of fifteen.

4. Symptoms not due to another mental disorder.

Antisocial Personality Disorder results in what is commonly known as a Sociopath. The criteria for this disorder require an ongoing disregard for the rights of others, since the age of 15 years. Some examples of this disregard are reckless disregard for the safety of themselves or others, failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors, deceitfulness such as repeated lying or deceit for personal profit or pleasure, and lack of remorse for actions that hurt other people in any way. Additionally, they must have evidenced a Conduct Disorder before the age of 15 years, and must be at least 18 years old to receive this diagnosis.

People with this disorder appear to be charming at times, and make relationships, but to them, these are relationships in name only. They are ended whenever necessary or when it suits them, and the relationships are without depth or meaning, including marriages. They seem to have an innate ability to find the weakness in people, and are ready to use these weaknesses to their own ends through deceit, manipulation, or intimidation, and gain pleasure from doing so.

They appear to be incapable of any true emotions, from love to shame to guilt. They are quick to anger, but just as quick to let it go, without holding grudges. No matter what emotion they state they have, it has no bearing on their future actions or attitudes.

They rarely are able to have jobs that last for any length of time, as they become easily bored, instead needing constant change. They live for the moment, forgetting the past, and not planning the future, not thinking ahead what consequences their actions will have. They want immediate rewards and gratification. There currently is no form of psychotherapy that works with those with antisocial personality disorder, as those with this disorder have no desire to change themselves, which is a prerequisite. No medication is available either. The only treatment is the prevention of the disorder in the early stages, when a child first begins to show the symptoms of conduct disorder.

I was under the impression he had Rusty Yates on his show tonight in order to explain The Difference Between Psychopathy & Psychosis..Andrea yates was diagnosed as being Psychotic... IMO.. Casey Anthony is a Narcissistic Sociopathic Pathological liar... JMHO

That is what he was supposed to be on for I guess. But he spent his time talking about how sorry he felt for her with all of the pressure of being on trial under the spotlight. I would agree with him in terms of his wife and her trial. She was psychotic, killed the kids at that time, then they got her under control with the right meds, and suddenly she is coherent and aware of what she did and was inconsolable. NOTHING like ICA, imo.

This is my comment upon watching the Dr. Drew show and logging on here within the last few minutes:

You are way behind the curve, Dr. Drew. Members of Websleuths who have been studying this case for over 3 years know what you are just now trying to figure out.

P.S. -- I posted a few days ago that I thought ICA might actually be a psychopath. I've understood for a long time that she is a sociopath. Then I posted that I needed to understand what the difference is between a psychopath and a sociopath. Pat Brown just said there isn't a whole lot of difference.
Haha I agree, but I don't think Dr. Drew followed this case before. To me it appears HLN expects Drew and Behar to report on it since it's the big ratings grab even though t their shows aren't really tailored to this type of stuff.

Haha I agree, but I don't think Dr. Drew followed this case before. To me it appears HLN expects Drew and Behar to report on it since it's the big ratings grab even though t their shows aren't really tailored to this type of stuff.

I think that is exactly what happened. And in their first shows they both showed their lack of factual knowledge and acted like the DT theory was correct or believable. And BOTH of them received lots and lots of angry viewer mail too. LOL So they did some research and have changed their tunes.

People who purport to be experts better be on their game when discussing such a high-profile case.

We as the public are supposed to look to them for guidance?

People who purport to be experts better be on their game when discussing such a high-profile case.

We as the public are supposed to look to them for guidance?

I know what you're saying Concentric! I spotted a topic on here about Talking Heads the other day but it went missing before I managed to get a look at it. If it's still here and I've just missed it please someone point me in it's direction as it looks like it could be a good read.

I think she's a malignant narcissist/full blown psychopath, but some of the experts on these shows don't even seem to know what that is. Dr. Drew didn't listen to the opening statements because Baez did say that the abuse escalated and escalated. He insinuated that it didn't stop at age 13 and that it went into adulthood. It would be severe abuse if it were true. There have been psychopaths who did not get into trouble as children or teens. Another thing I noticed is that the speakers on the talk shows are now saying "absolutely" and "oh, absolutely". Guess they've heard it so much while watching the trial that they've picked it up as a slang word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22