737 users online (121 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Arrow Alcala on True Crime with Aphrodite Jones

Alcala case on True Crime with Aphrodite Jones right now. I had to post this as I don't know a lot about this case and suspect others don't either. I hope this the right place to post this.

They've re-run it several times. It is an excellent presentation of the Alcala story.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    They've re-run it several times. It is an excellent presentation of the Alcala story.
    Did you think so CarlK? I thought it was lacking a lot. But, I guess with the crimes happening so long ago, it's really hard to get information...even for Aphrodite Jones. I used to think that AJ really cared about victims, but I don't think that anymore. I think that she is just in it for the money now...
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Did you think so CarlK? I thought it was lacking a lot. But, I guess with the crimes happening so long ago, it's really hard to get information...even for Aphrodite Jones. I used to think that AJ really cared about victims, but I don't think that anymore. I think that she is just in it for the money now...
    What was it lacking?

Maybe because you follow this story closer than I do, you expected more details. But I thought it accurately presented him as the depraved narcissist that he is, and she included interviews with two survivors.

She also went into detail with Robin Samsoe's mother, and a little on Ellen Hover (an interview with her friend) but not much more than a brief mention with the other five. I suppose she could have gone into more detail about the other five (e.g., who they were, and how their families were affected).

BTW, Charlotte Lamb's body was found in the laundry room of an apartment building three blocks from my home. Two of my neighbors (i.e., the former police chief, and another retired cop) were both at the scene. So in that respect, I would have liked to see a little more about that case.

But I understand that you can only fit so much into an hour.