1273 users online (283 members and 990 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

LA - Drug mom left toddler in car with dead friend's body, police say

Metairie mom is booked with leaving toddler son alone in a car with woman's body (Times-Picayune)
    Authorities say a mother who left her 20-month-old son in a parked vehicle along with the body of a dead friend for more than an hour at a Metairie gas station on Friday morning was booked with child desertion and drug-related charges.

Jessica Ockman, 33, of 415 Sena Drive, Metairie, was taken into custody at a service station located at Causeway Boulevard and West Napoleon Avenue after employes found her unconscious in the restroom about 9 a.m., said Col. John Fortunato, spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

Deputies called to the scene because of Ockman's collapse walked out to her car, which was parked at one of the fuel pumps, and found Ockman's son along with the body of 22-year-old Shelby Fleming of Lafourche Parish.
    ---
    more, with booking photo, at nola.com link above

Another person who doesn't deserve to be a parent.

Wow. Just wow.

What a God awful mess- words fail me
    England's dancing days are done...

Picture, article and note that indicates Mom is released from jail due to over crowding.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ith_leavi.html

Thanks for the article, WFG. I could've sworn I posted this here the other day. There are some interesting comments after the article, especially on the last page. I'm very angry that this woman was released.

Thank goodness the toddler is all right. Unlike another poor little 3 year-old who perished in a hot car the other day in New Orleans.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Jessica Ockman

http://www.myspace.com/hotgirlz_r_us

Admittedly I didn't read her blogs, but I did look at her "post jail" pictures. I wouldn't fight her.

Only set to reading the first page of those comments because all that race stuff was brought up. Drugs. They don't discriminate.

However your're an addict, but you're a Mama and you not only could have OD'd yourself leaving that baby all alone, but ya left little with your dead "friend"? In a hot car?

All I can think is they copped together and the deceased young woman did her shot before she got back in the car. They stopped so Ma could do hers, and she didn't want to shoot up in front of the little one? Hey the way that works in all honesty the girl may have already OD'd and well that meant it was good dope and she went ahead and figured she'd worry about that later?

This has been happening all over the country at an alarming rate. I mean it's happened forever, but I just keep reading about little kids just left with a body because a "grown up" OD'd.

If they'd kept her she'd be sick by now. Real sick. Now the question is where is she? Rehab? or on the street?

Poor little. That's some crazy s*it right there.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    There are some interesting comments after the article, especially on the last page.
    Ohhhhh now I see Bessie. I highly doubt it went like that, but ya never know.

Just a glimpse in the life of an American child. I want to throw up.

I don't know how it went down, Filly. Doubt we'll ever know. If she was released without bond because the jail is overcrowded I don't expect to see additional charges brought against her. I just hope and pray her children are never again left alone in her hands.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    OMG, that is all I can say for now!

So they found pot that was thrown away in the trash but her on the floor with a spoon. So what drug was she doing? I've never heard of a spoon being used with pot or anyone actually passing out from pot. I'm confused and just don't know enough about drugs.

The spoon was for heroin, I'm going to guess.