IWannaKnow

Reaction score
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=650727
~music video at link~

Rihanna's violent video ignites controversy
June 2, 2011, 3:53 PM EST
By Antoinette Bueno
Entertainment Tonight

Rihanna's latest music video, "Man Down," is causing controversy. In the video, Rihanna graphically shoots and kills an unarmed man in the middle of a crowded railway station -- her form of retaliation for a sexual assault.

"Instead of telling victims they should seek help, Rihanna released a music video that gives retaliation in the form of premeditated murder the imprimatur of acceptability," said Melissa Henson of the Parents Television Council in a news release.

Thoughts?

I think that no one listened to the lyrics. The lyrics are about regret for having shot a man.

Kind of reminds me of the adults discussing "I shot the Sheriff" song from my youth. I remember my Mother particularily did not like the lyrics.

I don't see a problem with this video but that's just me. In fact, I think it's remarkably tame in light of some video games and movies. But that's just me.

The PTC screaming and making much ado about zilcho IMO. Rihanna isn't in anyway suggesting that women go out and start shooting. I can't stand that group.

I haven't yet seen the video but I think the outcry is dumb. It's a VIDEO. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I think it's a beautiful creative expression. Rihanna looked a little cold in it, she seems like she might not be a very nice person and when she was playing this sweet, innocent girl it didn't seem genuine. But yeah, I love the song and it is about regretting a bad judgement, not being proud that you killed a rapist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back