981 users online (168 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Devilish Packaging, Tamed

The Pyranna, the Jokari Deluxe, the Insta Slit, the ZipIt and the OpenIt apply blades and batteries to what should be a simple task: opening a retail package.

But the maddening and nearly impenetrable plastic packaging known as clamshells could become a welcome casualty of the difficult economy. High oil prices have manufacturers and big retailers reconsidering the use of so much plastic, and some are aggressively looking for cheaper substitutes.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...-packaging-nyt

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I have been praying for the death of this packaging for years! I swear it was designed by Satan &/or his minions! GRRRR!

I bought a 2fer of an Xacto-type blade holder called a something Shark. I thought I'd use it on the more challenging shells, the ones with curves. Epic Fail! I sent the other one to a friend who indicated it was a stupid purchase. ITA with him! It performed far more poorly than what I could mangle with my orange-handled scissors, and needed a hazard warning label of its own!

I could not begin to count the numbers of times my hands have been sliced by clamshell no matter how I've struggled with ways to open it. Add to that its environmental impact...UGH! It oughta be outlawed, now and forever!

The enviromental issue alone should be enough to ban this stuff, it shouldn't have to come down to economy.

But whatever gets rid of it is fine with me...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    I would love to see these gone forever. I have arthritis in my hands and struggling to open them is a nightmare.

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

My cussing will decrease dramatically.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    My cussing will decrease dramatically.

Right there with you on that one Quiche. Lol
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Two items that no longer live in my little tool box are my Stanley Knife and Needle nose pliars - they are kept in a kitchen drawer along side my kitchen shears. If I can't use those to get into what I need, I really don't need it.

The sad part is the packaging is sometimes better made than whats inside the package.