Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: MO - Jacque Rawson Waller, 39, Jackson, 31 May 2011 - Clay Waller chgd w/ murder

Thankfully there is finally some good news! And hopefully the Judge will rule the testimony admissable. Knowing that the father is in poor health, I was concerned about his testimony of CW's admission of killing Jacque.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

CW pleads guilty to the internet threatening charge...
    http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15603661...-waller-monday

Waller told the judge, "I sent the email. I did it."

The sentencing date for the federal internet threatening charge is set for December 19, 2011 at 3:30p.m.
    Waller faces up to five years in prison, and a $250,000 fine.
    Last edited by tbeldon; 10-03-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Added sentencing information
    Crime and the fear of crime have permeated the fabric of American life. --Warren E. Burger

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Waller's federal public defender Scott Tilsen decline to comment about the case, but did indicate he was not happy about his client remaining in solitary confinement in Pemiscot County.

Tilsen said, "It's starting to wear on him."

Waller will now be held in federal custody until his sentencing.
    http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15603661...-waller-monday
    Boo-hoo for Clay. The trips lives are forever changed, they will never ever see their Mommy again!!!

I'm surprised he plead guilty. Is he hoping he can prolong serving time in a State Prison? There has to be something in this for him.

How will this Federal sentence impact the State filing a murder charge?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Boo-hoo for Clay. The trips lives are forever changed, they will never ever see their Mommy again!!!

I'm surprised he plead guilty. Is he hoping he can prolong serving time in a State Prison? There has to be something in this for him.

How will this Federal sentence impact the State filing a murder charge?
    I hope it continues to wear on him so that he will finally say where Jacque is.

I am also surprised he plead guilty. Do you think he plead so that he doesn't have additional questions thrown at him regarding Jacque?

Come on Clay - fess up!! It is time to bring Jacque home. Where is she ??
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Murder convictions still possible in cases where no body has been found

Although Jacque has not been found dead or alive, history and experts say a murder conviction without her body is possible.

Missouri has had four bodiless murder trials, and all resulted in convictions. The first occurred in 1858, when George H. Lamb was convicted of drowning his wife in St. Louis.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1769883.html

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UdbCrzy2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    I hope it continues to wear on him so that he will finally say where Jacque is.

I am also surprised he plead guilty. Do you think he plead so that he doesn't have additional questions thrown at him regarding Jacque?

Come on Clay - fess up!! It is time to bring Jacque home. Where is she ??
    While the state has evidence DiBiase considers to be crucial in convicting Clay Waller, he said trying Waller four months after his wife's disappearance may be a bit premature.

"Four months is rather aggressive," he said.

Despite a looming murder charge against Clay Waller without a body, the search still continues.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1769883.html
    Read the rest of the story at the link cocomod, looks like MO has had luck with prosecuting "no body" cases.
    May take some time though, so having him locked up in Fed Prison buys the State Attorney time.

Still doesn't answer our question of why he plead guilty though. Wonder if his attorney advised him to do so?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Still doesn't answer our question of why he plead guilty though. Wonder if his attorney advised him to do so?
    He probably feels safer in prison! JMHO
    ...and obviously he couldn't stay out of trouble outside...
    Last edited by tbeldon; 10-05-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added additional comment
    Crime and the fear of crime have permeated the fabric of American life. --Warren E. Burger

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Quote Originally Posted by tbeldon View Post
    He probably feels safer in prison! JMHO
    ...and obviously he couldn't stay out of trouble outside...
    BBM

Did I not read somewhere on one of the JRW threads here that CW is a former LE officer? If so, I cannot fathom that a former LE officer would feel "safer in prison!" Never having been in prison, I have no firsthand experience, but from everything I've ever heard or seen, I wouldn't imagine any prison would be "safer" than outside the walls for a former LE officer.....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiln Wood For This Useful Post:

Yes KW, he was a former LEO.

True, but a stay in a Federal Prison is preferable to one in State Prison. MOO~

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    BBM

Did I not read somewhere on one of the JRW threads here that CW is a former LE officer? If so, I cannot fathom that a former LE officer would feel "safer in prison!" Never having been in prison, I have no firsthand experience, but from everything I've ever heard or seen, I wouldn't imagine any prison would be "safer" than outside the walls for a former LE officer.....
    My comment was based on the local sentiment toward CW...he's not very well liked based on internet postings.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

It's a happy occasion, but a sad day too.
    The Trips turned 6 today, their first birthday without their Mommy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-...04911672886209

God bless Jacque's family as they find their way thru this tragedy.

Attorney asks judge to deny deposition of Clay Waller's father
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clay Waller's attorney is challenging the state's application to preserve the testimony of Waller's father that his son admitted to murdering his estranged wife. Scott Reynolds, who is representing Clay Waller in his state theft and harassment case, wrote in the motion that he technically does not represent Waller in the investigation and he has yet to discuss the state's application with Waller, who is in federal custody at the Pemiscot County Jail.

"Counsel is not legally nor ethically capable of entering an appearance to argue the merits of the application herein without first discussing the matter with Mr. Waller," Reynolds wrote.

Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney Morley Swingle submitted an application Sept. 22 to preserve testimony from James Clay Waller Sr. that alleges Clay Waller confessed to breaking Jacque Waller's neck during a fight and burying her body in an undisclosed location. In the application, Swingle wrote that the state anticipates filing a murder charge against Waller.
    http://www.semissourian.com/story/17...ml?response=no
    Well of course Reynolds is asking for a denial of the depo.

Can't imagine the Judge denying the State's request, so to me Reynolds is just going through the motions and hoping to postpone, postpone, postpone. Dragging this out increases the odds the elder Waller who is in ill health will pass away.

Wonder what would happen in that event? Could the State still use his statement?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

4 Months Later Relatives Mourn Loss

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...issing-Mother/

Sad article.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Where is Jacque?
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney Morley Swingle filed a motion this week asking the trial court to overrule a motion made by Clay Waller's attorney Scott Reynold's to quash the state's application to get a deposition from Waller's father.

More here:
    http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15891803...in-waller-case

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Swingle said the length of Clay Waller's sentence is unknown at this time, though it is not unreasonable to assume he will receive a sentence to which would be in a federal correctional facility outside the State of Missouri. Upon his eventual release from federal prison, if Clay Waller were to be charged with the murder of his wife, the time could span years.
    http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15891803...in-waller-case
    I hope we're not years away from a murder charge ...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I hope we're not years away from a murder charge ...
    I took it to mean that if he is charged with the murder of his wife, his release from federal prison would be years away.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

New search activity for clues related to Jacque's disappearance...
    http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15953996...-jacque-waller

snip:
    Lt. David James with the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Office says they found some items associated with the Waller case in that area. They are conducting line searches and flagging any personal items found, whether they may or may not be Jacque Waller's items. Police will be there as long as it takes.

...and from the Southeast Missourian:
    Last edited by tbeldon; 11-03-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added SEMissourian link

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Where were Jacque's business cards found Tbeldon? Been so long ago I have forgotten.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Where were Jacque's business cards found Tbeldon? Been so long ago I have forgotten.
    Her cards were found along Hwy 177 which runs east from the exit (#105)near where her vehicle was found along I-55 (at the 104.8 north-bound). The cards were found about 6-8 miles from there. They finished searching along I-55 today, stating they found several items they believe belonged to Jacque.

In a very tragic side-note, there was a terrible traffic accident just north of the search area today. Two tractor-trailers collided, probably due to the traffic near the search site, and one of the truck drivers was killed.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Too pooped to google map the locations. Is HWY 177 rural Tbeldon, as in not many people travel it? Since you're local, what do these things say to you about his route? Is there any pattern to where the car and cards were found? I think you and I have discussed this before, but I can't remember what you told me.

I read about the accident at the link you supplied.

Prayers going out for the driver's family who was killed.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Stan Rawson told The Southeast Missourian that authorities told the purse belonging to his daughter was found in a search conducted Thursday and Friday along Interstate 55 outside Cape Girardeau.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/284...urse-was-found

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Is HWY 177 rural Tbeldon, as in not many people travel it? Since you're local, what do these things say to you about his route? Is there any pattern to where the car and cards were found?
    Yes the cards were found in a rural area. Hwy 177 runs east from I-55 and ends at the Mississippi River about 3-4 miles past where the cards were found. Most people believe he was leaving a false trail with the cards. If he's the one that left the cards, it's like he was trying to point the focus toward the river.

Updated article in the Missourian:
    Her purse was found during the search mentioned above. There was also another search headed up by CUE today in three different areas that LE had asked them to search. According to the article, nothing was found in these areas today.

Also in the news today Waller's attorney has again (for the 3rd time) asked for a change of judge to decide the issue of video-recording Waller's father's deposition.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tbeldon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tbeldon View Post
    Yes the cards were found in a rural area. Hwy 177 runs east from I-55 and ends at the Mississippi River about 3-4 miles past where the cards were found. Most people believe he was leaving a false trail with the cards. If he's the one that left the cards, it's like he was trying to point the focus toward the river.

Updated article in the Missourian:
    Her purse was found during the search mentioned above. There was also another search headed up by CUE today in three different areas that LE had asked them to search. According to the article, nothing was found in these areas today.

Also in the news today Waller's attorney has again (for the 3rd time) asked for a change of judge to decide the issue of video-recording Waller's father's deposition.
    BBM - Especially considering he was former LE - I too believe clues could like be a ruse.
    Used to say, "100 years from now, my problems won't matter; now-a-days it's more like 25 years!

Three-No Cases (click to blog)]

Rule-of-Three (click to blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to blog)

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast