830 users online (122 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Tricia Kellett If this picture is from an earlier date......

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2663/45/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Houston Mom, your post made me start searching through younger girls missing person cases. I came upon Ann Ellinwood (12) who went missing in 1978 from a Walk-A-Thon event. She would have been 16 in 1982.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...=circumstances

Hair matches- Red/Auburn
    Eye Color- brown
    Freckles - match
    Height matches- 62 inches
    Weight - 95 lbs; compared to 130 for Jane Doe

...and what a precious smile...
    But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! -Amos 5:24

Funny - I used to live where this UID was discovered, and now live where Ann Ellinwood disappeared from.

There have been articles in the local paper about her unsolved disappearance and there was a local suspect (who since committed suicide).

I think they share similar coloring, but otherwise I don't really see the possibility of a match. Thanks for the suggestion, though, and keep on sleuthin'!!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...nwood_ann.html

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Here is my facial reconstruction for this Jane Doe:

That looks so close to our Jane Doe! Excellent job Karl!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-15-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Revised Image
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

I have spoke to Dr. Derrick about this girl, she really thinks she falls at the younger end of the age range. I am interested in what she has to say about Carl's recon! I too prefer the recon over the postmortem. Looks good Carl!!!
    Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Funny - I used to live where this UID was discovered, and now live where Ann Ellinwood disappeared from.

There have been articles in the local paper about her unsolved disappearance and there was a local suspect (who since committed suicide).

I think they share similar coloring, but otherwise I don't really see the possibility of a match. Thanks for the suggestion, though, and keep on sleuthin'!!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...nwood_ann.html

I just wanted to add to this I looked at Ann many times and thought she was a good PM until I had realized I got carried away and didn't look at the eye color. Its stated that Ann's eyes were brown, while our UIDs are blue.

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Thank you...I am mixing up this red haired jane doe with lake pontchartrain LA jane doe who's eye color was unknown.
    But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream! -Amos 5:24

Just got this email:

"I think the recon drawing is very good. The DNA from the specimen I submitted for our unidentified girl did not hit with any of the family reference samples available in CODISMP, which would include all of the cases in NamUs that show DNA results"

So if our girl is in namus she doesn't have DNA or she isn't listed on namus at all. Keep looking!!! I will submit PMs for anyone that needs me.

Anyone think this UID could have fallen victim to the "redhead murderer"? I have been reading up apparently he was thought to be a trucker that picked up women that were either hitch hiking or living a transient lifestyle would travel through numerous states and leave their bodies close to a major interstate. Victims were either strangled or suffered from blunt force trauma to the skull. The COD is known for this UID but is being kept from the public, considering the postmortem photo is only showing one side of her face I can only imagine she most likely suffered from a blow to the skull.

Thoughts?

Yes, for quite a while, I've thought she might be one of the redhead murders. there are several other UID's from that era who are possible redhead murder victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssav View Post
    Anyone think this UID could have fallen victim to the "redhead murderer"? I have been reading up apparently he was thought to be a trucker that picked up women that were either hitch hiking or living a transient lifestyle would travel through numerous states and leave their bodies close to a major interstate. Victims were either strangled or suffered from blunt force trauma to the skull. The COD is known for this UID but is being kept from the public, considering the postmortem photo is only showing one side of her face I can only imagine she most likely suffered from a blow to the skull.

Thoughts?
    Absolutely! Although I hadn't heard of the redheaded murderer, I thought of a truck driver since she was dumped so near I10. I searced for missing persons from Houston through Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi to Florida since I-10 is a straight shot through those states and a major trucking route. I didn't check I-10 to the west of Houston. One thing that I noticed from the aerial photos was that in 1982 a strip of trees separated the interstate and the frontage road so it would be hidden from the interstate. This was the same scenario for the Lillian Descoteau murder that happened earlier this year. She may have been a truck driver herself. A truck driver knows routes and passes them routinely. I think this could be highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssav View Post

Thoughts?
    I had noticed earlier that the news article that Houston Mom posted said she had been strangled. That would fit the pattern. I also thought her nose looked like it might have been bloodied.

Quote Originally Posted by NanZDrew View Post
    I had noticed earlier that the news article that Houston Mom posted said she had been strangled. That would fit the pattern. I also thought her nose looked like it might have been bloodied.
    If she was found face down, what looks like a bloody nose might just be lividity. After death, blood seeks out the lowest points in the body. that would include the nose if the person is face-down.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    If she was found face down, what looks like a bloody nose might just be lividity. After death, blood seeks out the lowest points in the body. that would include the nose if the person is face-down.
    That didn't occur to me. I majored in biology, but even after taking human physiology, I don't think that I ever heard about lividity, even though I knew the blood vessels relaxed, until I was married to a cop...once upon a time.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasR...ls.aspx?&id=44

When I found this young lady, my heart stopped until I realized that she was found in 1987, 5 years after our little redhead. She was also older, but was a highway dump. She has a nose and lips that are so similiar. Considering our redhead murderer, here is another redhead, highway dumped in Texas within 5 years. She was only identified in 2010.

Her name was Martha McGraw.
    Last edited by NanZDrew; 11-08-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: additional information

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast