1093 users online (224 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will there be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved and why

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • There won't be any spinoff trials

153 51.34%
  • Cindy

45 15.10%
  • George

30 10.07%
  • Lee

14 4.70%
  • Jose

91 30.54%
  • The emu with "bombshell" evidence.

10 3.36%
  • Dominic

9 3.02%
  • Hoover

2 0.67%
  • A member of the media.

5 1.68%
  • Leonard Padilla

7 2.35%
  • Definately Jose, CA for pejury, if by the slim chance there is a mistrial against ICA

9 3.02%
  • Zenida Fermandez-Gonzalez

7 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Will there be any spinoff trials from this one? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

There are, as of now, a lot of unanswered questions. It seems some people involved in the trial could be guilty of obstructing justice. There are some that could be disbarred and others may have opened themselves up to civil suits. So the question is do you think that there will be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved in them as a plaintiff, defendant, witness or all of those.

I think they could try CA for obstruction of justice but if KC is given the death penalty they may decide to let it go. I think the same goes for LA and I think GA may take JB to court in a civil suit. RK may do the same thing.

Also, as always I think JB is skating the edge of being disbarred.

I also think an emu could step forward with "bombshell" evidence.

All of that is JMO

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL
    Last edited by Steely Dan; 06-04-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: An emu made me do it.

I voted Jose, because he has yet to prove the allegations in the opening statement of the defense. I would expect GA and CA to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as slander and libel, should there be a conviction in this case. I may change my vote by the end of this trial as more information comes to light.

I'd be surprised if criminal charges were pursued against the A's after this is done. They've seen the light and at least in trial have not appeared to thwart the State's case against their daughter. Same goes for LA.........the State of Florida needs to move on from this case if a conviction comes down. An acquittal - not a hung jury, could change all that though IMO.

Good thread idea!

I'm not so sure about spin-off trials, but I do think it is very possible that JB could be in for a tough time with some ethical questions about how he has handled this case. I found that the brokering of a murder victim's pictures to fund the defense of their alledged killer to be of extremely poor taste to say the least. Now, with the pin-the-tail-on-anyone-but-my-client defense that JB has pulled out for the trial, and the horrific accusations he has leveled against not just one but two people without so much as a shred of evidence to back it up, I feel that if he doesn't have to answer to this, then there is something mighty wrong with the Florida legal system. MOO, of course.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

I agree with everything people have said in the posts upstream, but I do not think any actual trials will result. imoo
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Gma Kat View Post
    I voted Jose, because he has yet to prove the allegations in the opening statement of the defense. I would expect GA and CA to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as slander and libel, should there be a conviction in this case. I may change my vote by the end of this trial as more information comes to light.

I'd be surprised if criminal charges were pursued against the A's after this is done. They've seen the light and at least in trial have not appeared to thwart the State's case against their daughter. Same goes for LA.........the State of Florida needs to move on from this case if a conviction comes down. An acquittal - not a hung jury, could change all that though IMO.

Good thread idea!
    IMO, if the state has enough evidence on obstruction of justice against anyone they should put them on trial. Failure to do so may show others they won't risk jail time if they do the same.

Where do I go to look into what George said about chasing Casey in Cindy's car between the time of the gas cans and having the car towed. He said that the white Sunfire was left at the Anthonys when Cindy was home. That means that Cinday had access to the car before the towing, whatever that implies.

Was that way for Casey to get the Sunfire cleaned, or drop off the contents of the trunk>?>?>

George could pin down the day,but insisted there would be a record through some like of toll system on the highway.

Has this all been discussed at the forum here? I looked around, but didn't know what to put in the search engine.

It's almost impossible to predict civil suits because anyone can file one against anyone else for almost no reason at all - so who knows about that? But I don't think there will be any criminal charges filed against anyone by the state. There may or may not be grounds for them but I don't think the state has any desire to put GA & CA through anything more than their daughter has put them through already and that probably includes any additional testimony at anyone else's trial. Additionally, the state knows who is solely responsible for Caylee's death and they have that person on trial now and I don't imagine they would have the funds in their budget to spend any more money on this case other than seeking a conviction and winning an appeal.
    I know that you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but, I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard me say is not really what I meant to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm474 View Post
    Where do I go to look into what George said about chasing Casey in Cindy's car between the time of the gas cans and having the car towed. He said that the white Sunfire was left at the Anthonys when Cindy was home. That means that Cinday had access to the car before the towing, whatever that implies.

Was that way for Casey to get the Sunfire cleaned, or drop off the contents of the trunk>?>?>

George could pin down the day,but insisted there would be a record through some like of toll system on the highway.

Has this all been discussed at the forum here? I looked around, but didn't know what to put in the search engine.
    That was in one of his LE interviews and most of the links are in my siggy.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Great idea for a poll, but my choice isn't on the list: Roy Kronk. I'm waiting for him to appear as a witness.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    I'm not so sure about spin-off trials, but I do think it is very possible that JB could be in for a tough time with some ethical questions about how he has handled this case. I found that the brokering of a murder victim's pictures to fund the defense of their alledged killer to be of extremely poor taste to say the least. Now, with the pin-the-tail-on-anyone-but-my-client defense that JB has pulled out for the trial, and the horrific accusations he has leveled against not just one but two people without so much as a shred of evidence to back it up, I feel that if he doesn't have to answer to this, then there is something mighty wrong with the Florida legal system. MOO, of course.
    Do we know how much of the picture money Jose Baez received, or was it put into an account for Casey? I'm guessing that Baez received some money when Casey originally hired him before she was declared indigent. This would mean that JB received a retainer fee from his client and is now being paid by the State of Florida. I don't live in the Sunshine State, but that would bother me. jmo

I'm on the fence between voting 'none' or 'Jose'
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    Also it seems Jose is guilty of giving ICA letters, which is illegal and said multiple times on the jail video's.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

I voted none. The lawyers have all said, including Richard Hornsby and Bill Schaefer, that Jose is immune from any legal ramifications for what he says in court. It's in the legal thread. I can't say I think it's right, but it's just what the attorney folk keep saying. George and Roy wouldn't have a case according to them.
    As for Cindy, George and Lee- Had they not changed their tune and cooperated now, I think quite possibly the State may have done something about their participation/or lack of in this crime.
    The rest are bit players in this thing and if the state were to prosecute them for anything, we'd see some action on that already. There would be no real reason to hold back on that. I guess we have to see if anything they did effects the outcome.
    I never even heard Dom. Casey's name brought up by any of them for anything significant. They decided not to go down the road of Dominic moved the body.....

Roy Kronk should be able to sue the crap outta Jose (for ANYTHING) and everything he can think of. If it were me, I'd be writing some serious letters to the bar- I'd start there, and then work my way through the system until I took this little bug down. Jose is, for lack of a better word, vile. He sold himself to the devil for very little payoff- what payoff he'll get, will be short lived. I'm afraid 'doing anything to save your client' has a huge price tag.

Howcome the police dog wasn't listed as an option ?
    You just KNOW Jose wants to go after him ....
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

There might be some civil suits against the media. Not that theres something right now but who knows what's going to happen before this is over.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast