Will there be any spinoff trials from this one? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

Will there be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved and why

• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
There are, as of now, a lot of unanswered questions. It seems some people involved in the trial could be guilty of obstructing justice. There are some that could be disbarred and others may have opened themselves up to civil suits. So the question is do you think that there will be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved in them as a plaintiff, defendant, witness or all of those.

I think they could try CA for obstruction of justice but if KC is given the death penalty they may decide to let it go. I think the same goes for LA and I think GA may take JB to court in a civil suit. RK may do the same thing.

Also, as always I think JB is skating the edge of being disbarred.

I also think an emu could step forward with "bombshell" evidence.

All of that is JMO

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

I voted Jose, because he has yet to prove the allegations in the opening statement of the defense. I would expect GA and CA to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as slander and libel, should there be a conviction in this case. I may change my vote by the end of this trial as more information comes to light.

I'd be surprised if criminal charges were pursued against the A's after this is done. They've seen the light and at least in trial have not appeared to thwart the State's case against their daughter. Same goes for LA.........the State of Florida needs to move on from this case if a conviction comes down. An acquittal - not a hung jury, could change all that though IMO.

Good thread idea!

I'm not so sure about spin-off trials, but I do think it is very possible that JB could be in for a tough time with some ethical questions about how he has handled this case. I found that the brokering of a murder victim's pictures to fund the defense of their alledged killer to be of extremely poor taste to say the least. Now, with the pin-the-tail-on-anyone-but-my-client defense that JB has pulled out for the trial, and the horrific accusations he has leveled against not just one but two people without so much as a shred of evidence to back it up, I feel that if he doesn't have to answer to this, then there is something mighty wrong with the Florida legal system. MOO, of course.

I agree with everything people have said in the posts upstream, but I do not think any actual trials will result. imoo

I voted Jose, because he has yet to prove the allegations in the opening statement of the defense. I would expect GA and CA to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as slander and libel, should there be a conviction in this case. I may change my vote by the end of this trial as more information comes to light.

I'd be surprised if criminal charges were pursued against the A's after this is done. They've seen the light and at least in trial have not appeared to thwart the State's case against their daughter. Same goes for LA.........the State of Florida needs to move on from this case if a conviction comes down. An acquittal - not a hung jury, could change all that though IMO.

Good thread idea!

IMO, if the state has enough evidence on obstruction of justice against anyone they should put them on trial. Failure to do so may show others they won't risk jail time if they do the same.

Where do I go to look into what George said about chasing Casey in Cindy's car between the time of the gas cans and having the car towed. He said that the white Sunfire was left at the Anthonys when Cindy was home. That means that Cinday had access to the car before the towing, whatever that implies.

Was that way for Casey to get the Sunfire cleaned, or drop off the contents of the trunk>?>?>

George could pin down the day,but insisted there would be a record through some like of toll system on the highway.

Has this all been discussed at the forum here? I looked around, but didn't know what to put in the search engine.

It's almost impossible to predict civil suits because anyone can file one against anyone else for almost no reason at all - so who knows about that? But I don't think there will be any criminal charges filed against anyone by the state. There may or may not be grounds for them but I don't think the state has any desire to put GA & CA through anything more than their daughter has put them through already and that probably includes any additional testimony at anyone else's trial. Additionally, the state knows who is solely responsible for Caylee's death and they have that person on trial now and I don't imagine they would have the funds in their budget to spend any more money on this case other than seeking a conviction and winning an appeal.

Where do I go to look into what George said about chasing Casey in Cindy's car between the time of the gas cans and having the car towed. He said that the white Sunfire was left at the Anthonys when Cindy was home. That means that Cinday had access to the car before the towing, whatever that implies.

Was that way for Casey to get the Sunfire cleaned, or drop off the contents of the trunk>?>?>

George could pin down the day,but insisted there would be a record through some like of toll system on the highway.

Has this all been discussed at the forum here? I looked around, but didn't know what to put in the search engine.

That was in one of his LE interviews and most of the links are in my siggy. :)

Great idea for a poll, but my choice isn't on the list: Roy Kronk. I'm waiting for him to appear as a witness.

I'm not so sure about spin-off trials, but I do think it is very possible that JB could be in for a tough time with some ethical questions about how he has handled this case. I found that the brokering of a murder victim's pictures to fund the defense of their alledged killer to be of extremely poor taste to say the least. Now, with the pin-the-tail-on-anyone-but-my-client defense that JB has pulled out for the trial, and the horrific accusations he has leveled against not just one but two people without so much as a shred of evidence to back it up, I feel that if he doesn't have to answer to this, then there is something mighty wrong with the Florida legal system. MOO, of course.

Do we know how much of the picture money Jose Baez received, or was it put into an account for Casey? I'm guessing that Baez received some money when Casey originally hired him before she was declared indigent. This would mean that JB received a retainer fee from his client and is now being paid by the State of Florida. I don't live in the Sunshine State, but that would bother me. jmo

I'm on the fence between voting 'none' or 'Jose'

Also it seems Jose is guilty of giving ICA letters, which is illegal and said multiple times on the jail video's.:waitasec:

I voted none. The lawyers have all said, including Richard Hornsby and Bill Schaefer, that Jose is immune from any legal ramifications for what he says in court. It's in the legal thread. I can't say I think it's right, but it's just what the attorney folk keep saying. George and Roy wouldn't have a case according to them.
As for Cindy, George and Lee- Had they not changed their tune and cooperated now, I think quite possibly the State may have done something about their participation/or lack of in this crime.
The rest are bit players in this thing and if the state were to prosecute them for anything, we'd see some action on that already. There would be no real reason to hold back on that. I guess we have to see if anything they did effects the outcome.
I never even heard Dom. Casey's name brought up by any of them for anything significant. They decided not to go down the road of Dominic moved the body.....

Roy Kronk should be able to sue the crap outta Jose (for ANYTHING) and everything he can think of. If it were me, I'd be writing some serious letters to the bar- I'd start there, and then work my way through the system until I took this little bug down. Jose is, for lack of a better word, vile. He sold himself to the devil for very little payoff- what payoff he'll get, will be short lived. I'm afraid 'doing anything to save your client' has a huge price tag.

Howcome the police dog wasn't listed as an option ?
You just KNOW Jose wants to go after him ....

There might be some civil suits against the media. Not that theres something right now but who knows what's going to happen before this is over.

You just know that when all of this is said and done the A family will sell whatever they can (story, pictures, etc...and disappear from the limelight). Unless KC is deemed to be innocent (not likely) the SA has no particular incentive to go after them on obstruction charges regardless of what they may/may not have done. Jose will have to invent another career. He will find a way to do so and will glean as much money from this case as he possibly can but I don't think that that will be much. The rest will all disappear. Save for "a member of the media" whoever he/she may be - maybe they'll write a book. Pffffttt.

KC will be in jail.

moo

I thought this incident took place well before mid-June 2008. Could be wrong, though. Will try to check it out.

Do we know how much of the picture money Jose Baez received, or was it put into an account for Casey? I'm guessing that Baez received some money when Casey originally hired him before she was declared indigent. This would mean that JB received a retainer fee from his client and is now being paid by the State of Florida. I don't live in the Sunshine State, but that would bother me. jmo

BBM

IIRC, JB received $80,000 for his services from the picture money. Then, when it all ran out, he had her declared indigent and has been billing the taxpayers of Florida ever since. If I lived there, I'd ask for my money back!

Also it seems Jose is guilty of giving ICA letters, which is illegal and said multiple times on the jail video's.:waitasec:

Yes! He was purposely bypassing the security system that is in place for all communications between prisoners and the outside. Not very becoming of an "Officer Of The Court", is it?

I voted none. The lawyers have all said, including Richard Hornsby and Bill Schaefer, that Jose is immune from any legal ramifications for what he says in court. It's in the legal thread. I can't say I think it's right, but it's just what the attorney folk keep saying. George and Roy wouldn't have a case according to them.
As for Cindy, George and Lee- Had they not changed their tune and cooperated now, I think quite possibly the State may have done something about their participation/or lack of in this crime.
The rest are bit players in this thing and if the state were to prosecute them for anything, we'd see some action on that already. There would be no real reason to hold back on that. I guess we have to see if anything they did effects the outcome.
I never even heard Dom. Casey's name brought up by any of them for anything significant. They decided not to go down the road of Dominic moved the body.....

Roy Kronk should be able to sue the crap outta Jose (for ANYTHING) and everything he can think of. If it were me, I'd be writing some serious letters to the bar- I'd start there, and then work my way through the system until I took this little bug down. Jose is, for lack of a better word, vile. He sold himself to the devil for very little payoff- what payoff he'll get, will be short lived. I'm afraid 'doing anything to save your client' has a huge price tag.

It is a shame that, unfortunately, JB cannot be sued for what he says in court in his defense of KC. However, if there were EVER a case that screamed for some type of change in the law, this is it! It is beyond belief to think that an attorney can do what he has done and there be no ramifications from it. I would love to hear from someone if they know of another instance where an attorney has made such horrible claims against other people with no evidence to back it up. After all, JB did not say that it was POSSIBLE that GA sexually abused KB, he said he DID IT! He didn't say that GA COULD HAVE found Caylee, he said he DID! He didn't say that RK might have moved the body, he said he DID move it! These are claims that will haunt these two men for the rest of their lives. JB should NOT be allowed to make these statements without having to prove they are true. It just boggles the mind that he can do this and get away with it. IMO, if they do not do something about the way he has handled this case, they will be opening the door for other attorneys to take the "Baez" way in court and just slander innocent people to create doubt. Moo, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back