1318 users online (259 members and 1059 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lib's mom View Post
    I don't know. If she had tried to kill GA, CA or LA I guess it might be possible. But her story sounds more like Susan Smith's (although honestly, I would be surprised if she even knew who Susan Smith is.)
    Susan Smith confessed and led police to where her babies were, after being called out on her lies by law enforcement. Casey, sticking with her story and someone else had to find her baby.

Her attorney probably explained how serious the charge and situation is, and that there has to be a very good explanation for her behavior those 31 days and for the lies. Maybe he gave a few examples. The accusations against her parents and against Lee must have gotten her lots of sympathy from Jesse at one time, so what better defense. The opening statements didn't include the search for missing kids, but if she did that search, she may have stumbled across the story of Susan Smith who claimed sex abuse by her step father. Then too, Casey sat at home all day watching TV and could have gotten some ideas from Oprah and so many talk shows and actors who were into confessing that they'd been abused. Casey has got to have an extremely good excuse for her behavior and for why she didn't tell what had happened to Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by lib's mom View Post
    I don't know. If she had tried to kill GA, CA or LA I guess it might be possible. But her story sounds more like Susan Smith's (although honestly, I would be surprised if she even knew who Susan Smith is.)
    I have been wondering if KC threw out the sexual abuse card becausenof the Susan Smith trial. I believe Susan's stepfather testified during the penalty phase that he had sexually abused her. I always wondered if he did that just to save her from the death penalty or was it really true? Either way, I still don't believe GA abused KC, but rather it was KC that abused everyone in her path.

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    Well the Menendez brothers got their spiffy little ideas from movies and it appears that ICA is good at that, too.

The movies rented at Blockbuster that night had someone taped up in the trunk in one and a child kidnapped in another, and it still haunts me that her "favorite movie" she advertised on some social network site much earlier was Natural Born Killers in which Juliette Lewis plays Mallory Knox, a girl who gets her boyfriend to kill her abusive father and enabling mother before they go on an angry, but highly publicized and sensational, killing spree of innocent bystanders.

I think this girl has been using movies and TV to invent herself for years. Her lying was legendary, even to kids she knew since childhood like Kiomarie and Ryan. Since she doesn't seem very original and had plenty of time to study tv and movies, I'm guessing she got a lot of her other stories about herself right out of the media.
    BBM - Funny you mention that because I have always believed the reason Casey stringed along so many men and the reason she told some of them about the abuse (I believe Mark Hawkins was next) that she was looking for the perfect male partner to commit the ultimate crime for her... or with her.
    Justice for Trayvon

i think casey sounds more like diane downs story.Diane downs also calmed sex abuse but after few years clamed it was a lie about her father

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    Well the Menendez brothers got their spiffy little ideas from movies and it appears that ICA is good at that, too.

The movies rented at Blockbuster that night had someone taped up in the trunk in one and a child kidnapped in another, and it still haunts me that her "favorite movie" she advertised on some social network site much earlier was Natural Born Killers in which Juliette Lewis plays Mallory Knox, a girl who gets her boyfriend to kill her abusive father and enabling mother before they go on an angry, but highly publicized and sensational, killing spree of innocent bystanders.

I think this girl has been using movies and TV to invent herself for years. Her lying was legendary, even to kids she knew since childhood like Kiomarie and Ryan. Since she doesn't seem very original and had plenty of time to study tv and movies, I'm guessing she got a lot of her other stories about herself right out of the media.
    Very interesting points. And the fact that one of Casey's "imaginary friends" from Universal was named Juliette Lewis is kind of chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi Girl View Post
    Susan Smith confessed and led police to where her babies were, after being called out on her lies by law enforcement. Casey, sticking with her story and someone else had to find her baby.
    I meant that both women killed their children and both claimed sexual abuse during the trial.

Well I'm glad you brought up this comparison between the cases...it seems that when all else fails, liars will claim sexual abuse to try to get away with murder.

I think Baez got wind of this from interviews prior to the jail house letters and spoon fed the story to her personally. I realize she had previously mentioned sexual abuse, but I agree with the poster(s) who believe she did this for sympathy from boyfriends...(get me out of my house; rescue me from this terrbile living situation) and to handily play the role of victim.

Because Casey is such an accomplished liar with many, many years of experience, bad on her; because if it is true, it's just too hard to believe her at this point. Pity (not).

In my experience as soon as a bully gets held accountable for their bullying they will claim victimhood, and often it's their victims they accuse of victimizing them. It's just another chess move for them. Humans without empathy are terrifying creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
    I remember something about a "One Tree Hill" episode where the 'nanny' snatched a baby. Wasn't that something found when forensics searched the home computer?
    Yes I remember that too....
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    Very interesting points. And the fact that one of Casey's "imaginary friends" from Universal was named Juliette Lewis is kind of chilling.
    Yeah, that's a little weird.

It is far MORE weird that in the movie Juliette's character is a girl named Mallory.

Mallory is Casey's future sister in law.

When was Juliette created?

When was Juliette first mentioned to somebody?

When Casey worked at Universal (for real, not for Casey land.)

When Caylee was born?

When Caylee got her "nanny?"

We know it was before Caylee went missing because they would talk about going to play with Juliette's daughter.

Because Mallory has been around since 2006 dating Lee, I wonder if she was known as a friend before then? That is one really big coincidence if it was not intentional.

Who came first, the real Mallory or the invented Juliette?

I looked through the cast of the movie and didn't see anyone else familiar. Both characters and the cast members. (I mean other than OJ Simpson. None of Casey's imaginary friends.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/fullcredits

Quote Originally Posted by Grammy Jean View Post
    Does anyone think Casey may have gotten possible sexual abuse idea from this case?
    If she and her team did, they should have looked at their outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    I had to read a refresher on these men, and I am struck with a few similarities, particularly in their upbringing. Spoiled, indulged, failing at school, lusting after the parent's lifestyle, going on spending sprees after the murder, and blaming sexual abuse as a reason for their crime.

With KC, though-- Caylee never hurt a hair on her head.

Lyle and Erik Menendez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Interesting! I never really followed the Menendez trial - which is good because I would have totally lost it after watching every detail televised and having to accept the hung jury, followed by a completely non-televised trial while sitting and wondering what was happening! Oh, the stress!!

Another interesting tidbit from the wiki page: Both brothers filed motions for a mistrial, claiming that they suffered irreparable damage in the penalty phase as a result of suggestions of possible misconduct and ineffective representation by Abramson.

Welp, let's see if ICA files for ineffective representation and/or irreparable damage for all the bad things said about her. I mean after all, one only has to watch her face during the testimony to see how distraught she is over it all...

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    BBM - Funny you mention that because I have always believed the reason Casey stringed along so many men and the reason she told some of them about the abuse (I believe Mark Hawkins was next) that she was looking for the perfect male partner to commit the ultimate crime for her... or with her.
    Wow, that's an interesting thought. Because one thing that strikes me through this trial is how many, many decent young adults ICA was surrounded by back then. Sure, there was some pot smoking and partying, but most of these friends had jobs, were in school, were seemingly generous with each other when someone needed a couch to crash on or help with a car breakdown - none strikes me as a criminal type (save perhaps one of them I won't name) and all stepped up to speak with LE and now invest their time and energy through testifying respectfully far from home. I can't imagine how ICA could have thought any of these people would be so enamored with her they'd join her on the dark side.

It also strikes me that after she did away with her sweet baby girl, the sheer volume of GOOD, smart, caring, professional people that put untold man hours into finding Caylee, trying to wring info out of ICA and then trying to bring about some justice. I'm floored with the months and years of really good people's lives that have been dedicated to this case. All because one woman wanted shopping sprees at Target and unencumbered time to party at local bars. Such a waste.

Reading that the Menendez brothers did the same thing (only a more upscale version) - or that Scott Peterson tried to sell his house furnished while his wife was still "missing" - yeah. Insanity at work.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower67 View Post
    I think JB did and the he asked Casey, "Are you sure you were never sexually abused as a child?"

I know the DT can't make up a story for the defendent, but what would prevent them from suggesting it and let the compulsive liar take it from there?
    I think the accident and sexual abuse allegations started and evolved from around the time the jailhouse letters emerged. The letters were made public around March 2010, just as she was declared indigent and Cheney Mason joined the defense team.

Prior to this they were going with "stranger abduction." Those were the words Todd Macaluso used in September 2009 whilst sitting alongside LKB and JB on national tv.
    Last edited by krisskross; 06-05-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    "I need someone that'll take the information that I'm giving them" Casey Anthony July 25th 2008

Quote Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
    I think the accident and sexual abuse allegations started and evolved around the time the jailhouse letters emerged. The letters were made public around March 2010, just as she was declared indigent and Cheney Mason joined the defense team.

Prior to this they were going with "stranger abduction." Those were the words Todd Macaluso used in September 2009 whilst sitting alongside LKB ad JB on national tv.
    Thanks for this timeline.

During the trial, we've re-watched the jail visit where GA said he would do anything to help her and would trade places with her in a heartbeat if he could(paraphrased). Casey (and DT) may well have seen this as an opportunity.

I felt George was slow to answer "no" to the prosecution question of whether he had sexually abused the defendant Where was the "no, never" or "I have never abused my daughter in any way." I guess we'll get a clearer picture during the defense portion whether GA is going to clearly deny the accusations OR weakly deny the accusations to plant a little doubt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast