975 users online (207 members and 768 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Bloomington Police search for missing 20-year-old woman

Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-21-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: broken link
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

The Bloomington Police Department has been searching for a missing woman since 4:30 a.m. Friday. The woman is Lauren Spierer, age 20.

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.

Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81821
    Bloomington police officers and worried family members passed out fliers with Spierer's picture on Saturday, with hopes that someone could help find her."Her parents have come in from the New York area, and we're working with them. We want to, at this point, generate any new leads that we can by getting this in front of the public," Lt. Bill Parker said.
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28132153/detail.html

Lauren Spierer, 20, went missing walking bare-foot toward her Bloomington apartment.

Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: broken link

Police say she was on her way to her apartment building at Smallwood, 8th and College. Spierer never arrived at her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the building. She was reportedly wearing a white tank top with a loose, light-colored button shirt over it and black full length stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

According to Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker, Spierer was walking home from a friendís house a few blocks away. He says Spierer and her friends had been partying but her friends felt it had been several hours since their last drink and she would be fine to walk home on her own.

Lt. Parker says Bloomington Police have Spierers cell phone, which she had left at a different friendís house earlier in the evening. The phone has yet to provide any leads and Parker says they are not releasing the address of where the cell phone was found.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/b...missing-woman/

6 hours from Holly Bobo...

Thanks for the thread, Knox. Sadly another beautiful young woman is missing....it never ends.

I'm hoping and praying for the best for Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    6 hours from Holly Bobo...
    I don't think the cases are connected in any way

Why walk home by yourself at 4:30 in the morning? Did someone offer her a ride home and she declined?

I just don't understand why young women put themselves in such dangerous situations.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending...... unless she crashed at some other friend's place.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Search Continues for IU Student
    Updated Jun 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM EDT

~snippet~
    Police officers have searched the area several times including a search with a police K-9, and spoken with businesses, workers, and residents in the area. Saturday police distributed a flyer with Lauren's picture.

read more: http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...123189648.html

Praying Lauren is found safe.

She's teeny tiny (4'11) Same Height as me. It would be very easy for someone to pick her up and put her in their car. she's such a cute girl.

I really wish we knew more about her friends and if anyone offered her a ride home. According to her friends, it does not seem like she was intoxicated.

I wonder if someone accidentally hit her with their car and put her in the trunk and took off because they did not want to get in trouble.

That's what supposedly happened with Erica Baker.

According to one article I read, her friends though it was ok for Lauren to walk home by herself at 4:30 in the morning. WTH?????
    Last edited by iluvmua; 06-05-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Why walk home by yourself at 4:30 in the morning? Did someone offer her a ride home and she declined?

I just don't understand why young women put themselves in such dangerous situations.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending...... unless she crashed at some other friend's place.
    IIRC, friends at the party said they had not drank in a few hours so they thought she was fine to walk home. Her cell phone was at another location, not the one she left to walk from. So no shoes, no cell phone and video cameras show she did not make it to her apartment building.

The detail below is new, or at least I have not seen it in any other news stories.

Lauren's mother tells Fox59 she has a heart condition which requires daily medication, and if found please take her to a hospital.
    http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-missi...,2029507.story
    Still hoping for a good outcome for Lauren.

I feel there is foul play involved. I wonder if they have checked all the local hospitals, homeless shelters etc. for any trace of Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    IIRC, friends at the party said they had not drank in a few hours so they thought she was fine to walk home. Her cell phone was at another location, not the one she left to walk from. So no shoes, no cell phone and video cameras show she did not make it to her apartment building.

The detail below is new, or at least I have not seen it in any other news stories.

Still hoping for a good outcome for Lauren.

At 4:30 in the flipping morning?

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I feel there is foul play involved. I wonder if they have checked all the local hospitals, homeless shelters etc. for any trace of Lauren.
    Lauren's Mom posted that they are searching Lake Monroe ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-5...144574?sk=wall

I wonder if there is a reason they are looking there?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Lauren's Mom posted that they are searching Lake Monroe ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-5...144574?sk=wall

I wonder if there is a reason they are looking there?
    me too

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast