IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score

Bloomington Police search for missing 20-year-old woman

0000-DS1366907198.jpg

The Bloomington Police Department has been searching for a missing woman since 4:30 a.m. Friday. The woman is Lauren Spierer, age 20.

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.

Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81821
Bloomington police officers and worried family members passed out fliers with Spierer's picture on Saturday, with hopes that someone could help find her."Her parents have come in from the New York area, and we're working with them. We want to, at this point, generate any new leads that we can by getting this in front of the public," Lt. Bill Parker said.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28132153/detail.html
fixpic_20110604173042_320_240.JPG

Lauren Spierer, 20, went missing walking bare-foot toward her Bloomington apartment.

Police say she was on her way to her apartment building at Smallwood, 8th and College. Spierer never arrived at her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the building. She was reportedly wearing a white tank top with a loose, light-colored button shirt over it and black full length stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

According to Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker, Spierer was walking home from a friend’s house a few blocks away. He says Spierer and her friends had been partying but her friends felt it had been several hours since their last drink and she would be fine to walk home on her own.

Lt. Parker says Bloomington Police have Spierers cell phone, which she had left at a different friend’s house earlier in the evening. The phone has yet to provide any leads and Parker says they are not releasing the address of where the cell phone was found.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/bloomington-police-search-missing-woman/

Thanks for the thread, Knox. Sadly another beautiful young woman is missing....it never ends.

I'm hoping and praying for the best for Lauren.

Why walk home by yourself at 4:30 in the morning? Did someone offer her a ride home and she declined?

I just don't understand why young women put themselves in such dangerous situations.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending...... unless she crashed at some other friend's place. :(

She's teeny tiny (4'11) Same Height as me. It would be very easy for someone to pick her up and put her in their car. :( she's such a cute girl.

I really wish we knew more about her friends and if anyone offered her a ride home. According to her friends, it does not seem like she was intoxicated.

I wonder if someone accidentally hit her with their car and put her in the trunk and took off because they did not want to get in trouble.

That's what supposedly happened with Erica Baker.

According to one article I read, her friends though it was ok for Lauren to walk home by herself at 4:30 in the morning. WTH?????

Why walk home by yourself at 4:30 in the morning? Did someone offer her a ride home and she declined?

I just don't understand why young women put themselves in such dangerous situations.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending...... unless she crashed at some other friend's place. :(

IIRC, friends at the party said they had not drank in a few hours so they thought she was fine to walk home. Her cell phone was at another location, not the one she left to walk from. So no shoes, no cell phone and video cameras show she did not make it to her apartment building.

The detail below is new, or at least I have not seen it in any other news stories.

Lauren's mother tells Fox59 she has a heart condition which requires daily medication, and if found please take her to a hospital.
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-missing-bloomington-woman-disappears-20110604,0,2029507.story

Still hoping for a good outcome for Lauren.

I feel there is foul play involved. I wonder if they have checked all the local hospitals, homeless shelters etc. for any trace of Lauren.

IIRC, friends at the party said they had not drank in a few hours so they thought she was fine to walk home. Her cell phone was at another location, not the one she left to walk from. So no shoes, no cell phone and video cameras show she did not make it to her apartment building.

The detail below is new, or at least I have not seen it in any other news stories.

Still hoping for a good outcome for Lauren.

At 4:30 in the flipping morning?

At 4:30 in the flipping morning?

Quoting what was said in the news story not my personal opinion. Young people, as we see over and over here at WS, sometimes don't think about personal safety. I'm sure her friends feel horrible and are playing the "if only" tape in their heads. I would never judge them.

Quoting what was said in the news story not my personal opinion. Young people, as we see over and over here at WS, sometimes don't think about personal safety. I'm sure her friends feel horrible and are playing the "if only" tape in their heads. I would never judge them.

I wonder if she's ever walked home in the early morning hours or if this is her first time.

usually it is young intoxicated men that wind up in bodies of water. this would be a different twist on common theme with the guys.

It would, but according to the article, according to her friends, it had been several hours since anybody drank anything.

I could be wrong, but I don't think she was intoxicated

It would, but according to the article, according to her friends, it had been several hours since anybody drank anything.

I could be wrong, but I don't think she was intoxicated

keep in mind you had underage drinking. can't speak for the whole crowd but certainly Lauren was underage. always expect those in attendance to minimize the degree of intoxication for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74