1141 users online (290 members and 851 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

Could JB turn in his license?

I don't know if this has been covered before but here goes...

It seems obvious that ICA will turn on JB when the trial is over. Based on various reading, I'm not clear if he can sever ties with her if she gets LWOP. If JB is no longer a practicing attorney, could he be forced to deal with her?

I understand he could be held responsible for any accusations she makes against him but, other than that, is discontinuing his practice a method he could use to cut her loose?

Could he move to another state and, if he can qualify, practice law without getting pulled back into ICA's world?
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagara View Post

It seems obvious that ICA will turn on JB when the trial is over. Based on various reading, I'm not clear if he can sever ties with her if she gets LWOP. If JB is no longer a practicing attorney, could he be forced to deal with her?

I understand he could be held responsible for any accusations she makes against him but, other than that, is discontinuing his practice a method he could use to cut her loose?

Could he move to another state and, if he can qualify, practice law without getting pulled back into ICA's world?
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in but I wouldn't think he would be responsible for sticking with her through her appeals. Once she's convicted, I imagine he could walk away.

(Which for ICA, might be the best idea. She would be assigned a public defender who probably would know what he/she is doing. Unlike her current counsel)

JMHO as always!
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

I know I have heard of Appeal lawyers, not sure if their is something they have to do to be qualified to do appeals. Like not all lawyers are able to defend death penealty cases???

Quote Originally Posted by Wagara View Post

I think if he loses this case, he's toast IIRC he can't represent her after conviction because she will need an appelate lawyer. Same situation for the SP case where MG can't represent him any longer.
    I do believe she will tear him apart in any way she can if convicted.
    Be sure to watch for my book I'd die for you.
    Some accounts from real DMV victims
    Hopefully will be published
    First ten to IM me will get a free copy sent to them.
    Des Sands

I believe his obligation ends as soon as the sentence phase concludes.
    As for his ability to practice law in Florida ... I stongly believe the Anthony's lawyer will be filing charges with the Florida Bar when the case is over. That, plus the fact that his client will definitly charge him with inapropriate conduct after her conviction means his licence will be taken away LONG before he ever has an opportunity to let it lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by DesSands View Post
    I think if he loses this case, he's toast IIRC he can't represent her after conviction because she will need an appelate lawyer. Same situation for the SP case where MG can't represent him any longer.
    I do believe she will tear him apart in any way she can if convicted.
    I think ICA will try to get some sort of revenge because that is just the way she is. However, I think right now seems perfectly happy with his performance. jmo

I think he won't lose his license, but I bet he is going for a movie deal; not "selling the story" type of deal, but he wants the starring role in something, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by downport View Post
    I believe his obligation ends as soon as the sentence phase concludes.
    As for his ability to practice law in Florida ... I stongly believe the Anthony's lawyer will be filing charges with the Florida Bar when the case is over. That, plus the fact that his client will definitly charge him with inapropriate conduct after her conviction means his licence will be taken away LONG before he ever has an opportunity to let it lapse.
    BBM

Why would they file charges with the Bar? Lawyers can't be tried for allegations they makes during a trial.

JB would not be involved in an appeals process. I'm not so sure he will have his license revoked, though -- that's a complex process and will involve more than just dissatisfaction with his handling of this particular case.

I think a lot of folks are going to need to change their phone numbers and not open certain mail. But, she'll be in jail for a long time, seems like a simple solution to ignore her. mo

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    When Casey was spending 8+ hours daily at JB's office, I don't think they were "working" on her case all that time. I suspect that there was some other "work" being done away from the prying eyes of Jose's staff. I'm sure you get my drift Remember how Casey was dressed when she'd leave her house each morning? Need I say more?

Anyhoo, if there was a "relationship" going on behind closed doors, it was most likely consensual, but Casey will turn the tables on JB and accuse him of "inappropriate conduct". jmo

I can name several high profile lawyers who no longer practice law, only show up to comment (on tv, of course) on highly publicized cases, i.e., Geraldo Rivera. They find their niche out of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    BBM

Why would they file charges with the Bar? Lawyers can't be tried for allegations they makes during a trial.
    Their lawyer, Lippmann, said on tv this week that he is prevented by law from making disparaging remarks about another lawyer but AFTER Mr Baez IS NO LONGER a lawyer he will make his feelings known. It was a jarring statement to say the least.
    Based on this statement, I feel the Anthonys know things about Baez that aren't ethical. It has nothing to do with the molestation accusations.
    Just my take on what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by downport View Post
    Their lawyer, Lippmann, said on tv this week that he is prevented by law from making disparaging remarks about another lawyer but AFTER Mr Baez IS NO LONGER a lawyer he will make his feelings known. It was a jarring statement to say the least.
    Based on this statement, I feel the Anthonys know things about Baez that aren't ethical. It has nothing to do with the molestation accusations.
    Just my take on what he said.
    By any chance do you remember what show he said this on? I WOULD DIE TO SEE IT!!!!!!

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    I wish I could find the post I'm thinking about...it was about how ICA would fight this and fight that and would request copies of this and that and he would be obligated to supply those copies at his own expense and such stuff...I'm just wondering how much his license will mean to him when this trail is over!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast