Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1253

Thread: 2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Malini2001 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hannahsnana View Post
    Don't know if you're aware, but Dr. Kobo was on Vinnie's show earlier, and Vinnie introduced him as a member (as in present tense, not past) of the defense team. Therefore, I didn't expect him to have anything good to say about Dr. Vass. Same with LKB. Both shills for the defense.
    However ,Dr. Kobilinsky had plenty to say on NG at the very beginning of this case, all detrimental to ICA. We got whiplash when he suddenly changed his point of view after being hired by the defense. NG called him on it ,too.

There was a lot of head scratching about why the DT would hire someone who had so many damaging things to say about the evidence,but getting him out of way and onto ICA's team ,worked for them.
    CM expressed his belief ICA was GUILTY,before joining the team.
    Michael Baden,also. Money talks.
    Wonder how much of the money ICA got for Caylee's pictures ended paying for Dr. Kobilinsky's services?

ETA all these high profile experts and that's the best the DT could summon up today?
    Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
    Snipped and supersized by me. This is what I am MOST anxious to see. If cameras at Home Depot have ICA on film buying ingredients in May 2008 that constitute chloroform...then the case, for me, and any mystery along with it...is over. Set Match Game. JMO.
    I'm not so sure those shopping trips were done by ICA. And, since these weren't played early in court, when the other were, chances are ICA didn't make those purchase. However, the State is required to turn over whatever they have, whether they plan to use it or not.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Asking out of curiosity. Is it possible that when ICA googled chloroform, she found that it was associated with decomposition. Therefore thinking no one would be the wiser if she used it as a murder weapon?
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    I was killing myself laughing when at the end Baez was trying to make Mason stand up and argue the subpoena - Mason wasn't having a bar of it and was pushing him away with his elbow going "no you do it" Baez keep going "gnat gnat gnat" and eventually Mason started clicking on his computer. LOL omg Baez doesn't even want to argue his own stuff anymore!
    I missed most of today and am trying to catch up. Is the DT falling apart? How are DS and CM interacting with JB? And how is ICA interacting with all of them?
    Casey Anthony: She lies; we listen; itís exhausting

Why was Dr. Vaas asked about something regarding marijuana in the car? There was never any marijuana found in the car? Was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rallihanna View Post
    Yeah cause you know- Casey drove around in a smelly car, looked in her trunk several times, and never noticed that her dad had put her dead daughter in the trunk. Seems feasible to me...
    Obviously, she was fooled by the imaginary squirrel carcasses. Could happen to anyone.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by allycat1208 View Post
    Why was Dr. Vaas asked about something regarding marijuana in the car? There was never any marijuana found in the car? Was there?
    Bong water on the papertowels in the trash.

Although, I haven't the vaguest idea what THAT might have to do with the horrible stench in the car. Nor do I understand how someone perhaps having "the munchies" might relate to all this.

Apparently, I am not as bright as JB.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Asking out of curiosity. Is it possible that when ICA googled chloroform, she found that it was associated with decomposition. Therefore thinking no one would be the wiser if she used it as a murder weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by momshrink View Post
    I missed most of today and am trying to catch up. Is the DT falling apart? How are DS and CM interacting with JB? And how is ICA interacting with all of them?
    Hummm What can I say??..I do know that CM has been at the Sidebars,,,but have no impressions either way,,,even KC appears to be FLAT..and just doesnt seem to "Give a Care: either way... CAN you imagine hearing this regarding your decomposing daughter????..Yikes..Flat affect isnt the right impression you want to give the jury at this point of tesimony IMO..They have to be watching KC...Yikes

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    YIKESERS..... My DD just brought up to me that the TH defense attorneys have been saying that the reason JB didn't finish his fairy tale in court as to what GA did with the body....is because if they (the DT) can't disprove the trunk evidence....then in the end, they can say, well, ok YES there was a dead body in the car, and GA put it there.

This has me very, very worried.
    JVM said the same thing the day of opening statements.She said it was backup .Problem is,the jury has had to endure hours of JB fighting the trunk evidence.
    He really can't have it both ways,IMO.
    The jurors are told to use common sense.

At worst there will be a mistrial and a do over.I'm not worried.Twelve people will not aquit .
    Always ,just my opinion

JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Miss U James

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post

Although, I haven't the vaguest idea what THAT might have to do with the horrible stench in the car. Nor do I understand how someone perhaps having "the munchies" might relate to all this.

I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside?

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ColdDayIn For This Useful Post:

Did JB score any points today? I couldn't listen well today.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    There were actual cannabinols found on the paper towels in Tony's trash that was in ICA's trunk. In my highly unscientific opinion, this is because said paper towels were used to wipe out the inside of the bowl on a pipe, or to wipe off a "poker" used to clean the inside of such a bowl. Typically, bong water goes down the sink/toilet, but even with a bong there is a bowl that holds the substance, and said bowl gets tarry/clogged. Paper towel used to wipe this residue off makes most sense as the source of the THC found on the paper towels found in the trash found trunk. If that makes sense?
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
    Anybody craving a raw meat patty or bong hit?
    Haha! I'm just now listening to todays testimony.

But, I did have a yummy Bubba Burger about an hour ago!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

That's good a guess as any.
    Personally I think ICA used chloroform to knock Caylee out on more than one occasion.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Miaa For This Useful Post:

Yes i must not be as bright as JB either.. Because I didnt realize that telling the jury that your client has Pot residue in her trunk is helpful in the least lol.
    Last edited by LEFT-COASTER; 06-06-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I cant type worth chit lol

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LEFT-COASTER For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    There were actual cannabinols found on the paper towels in Tony's trash that was in ICA's trunk. In my highly unscientific opinion, this is because said paper towels were used to wipe out the inside of the bowl on a pipe, or to wipe off a "poker" used to clean the inside of such a bowl. Typically, bong water goes down the sink/toilet, but even with a bong there is a bowl that holds the substance, and said bowl gets tarry/clogged. Paper towel used to wipe this residue off makes most sense as the source of the THC found on the paper towels found in the trash found trunk. If that makes sense?
    Would that residue be visible though?

IIRC, bong water does stink to high heaven! It smells nothing like rotten potatoes, though IMO.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phoebeb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDayIn View Post
    I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside?
    Cross Creek belongs to the wind and the rain, to the sun and the seasons, to the cosmic secrecy of seed, and beyond all, to time......."Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings"

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cross Creek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Malini2001 View Post
    Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?
    I'm sure it was a trick and JB was up to no good,but it backfired ,bigtime when he had to write the BIG words,himself.

IDK,maybe it's a technique to bring the expert down to his level . If they have monitors and the expert can circle items in pictures on them,why not just write on them?
    Always ,just my opinion

Miss U James

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

In short response...NOOOOO

In longer response..He did more to enhance the resusts of Dr. Vass than to discredit them..IN FACT he actually made funnies trying to equate some of his suppositions aka..hamburger..

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:

Ohhhh JB scored a lot of points today....but not for his team!

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ColdDayIn For This Useful Post:

Who do we think is on tap for tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    I'm not so sure those shopping trips were done by ICA. And, since these weren't played early in court, when the other were, chances are ICA didn't make those purchase. However, the State is required to turn over whatever they have, whether they plan to use it or not.
    I disagree.
    If someone other than Casey was on these videos, they would have been released through discovery many, many moons ago, the same as the rest of them.
    These were held back for a reason, whatever reason they were, the defense obviously agreed not to release them to the public.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

It's not something a lot of people know about.. I don't think she's that smart. Plus when you google chloroform, "decomposition" doesn't show up as a related search or anything like that. I really don't think she's that smart. I mean, otherwise she would've never claimed to still work at Universal, right?

WAIT. Hold up - let me check out a couple of episodes for One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl first.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Nali87 For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast