Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1253

Thread: 2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Quote Originally Posted by Rallihanna View Post
    Who do we think is on tap for tomorrow?
    I hope its a computer analyst that tells about the chloroform searches!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColdDayIn For This Useful Post:

...yet again, may have been mentioned but i think they brought up the pot was because they remembered from the tape when casey says "...yeah, his roommates smoke weed!" i guess they forgot. i think they just want to make everyone look bad and questionable. and the easel? well, cause baez couldnt spell magnesium. no spell check on easel.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aspiring drifter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT-COASTER View Post
    Yes i must not be as bright as JB either.. Because I didnt realize that telling the jury that your client has Pot residue in her trunk is helpful in the least lol.
    IDK if it will come in,but TL and his friends already admitted to smoking pot. The trash came from TL's apt. I think ICA found a used paper towel in the bag and tried to wipe out her car with it.

I really don't understand why she doesn't gag during testimony.
    Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Looks like I'm going to be on Pocket Square Watch. One day he has one, the next day, he doesn't...
    Justice for CAYLEE

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDayIn View Post
    I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside?
    Of course!

And she did this in the trunk of her car because the ganja made her all paranoid like.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Malini2001 View Post
    Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?
    It is showmanship. He thinks if he forces someone to write something that they don't want to, it helps him make his point. That they reach the same conclusion as him. It distracts them from the real questions as well. So they may make a mistake in their answers.

It would have been far more effective if Dr. Vass had been the one to at the direction of Mr. Baez

show 30 elements known in decomp /3 found. It didn't have that same effect with Dr. Vass having time to think about where JB was going.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Would that residue be visible though?
    Yes. Like wiping out the inside of a tobacco pipe with a paper towel. I see what you're getting at though, and now need to go look back at the paper towels in the evidence photo to see if there are blackish smudges thereupon!
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Malini2001 View Post
    Has anyone speculated on why JB uses the giant notepad on the easel so much? And what does he gain by asking the witnesses to step down and write on it?

It just seems awkward to me. And nothing he puts on it seems like it would help jurors focus or anything like that. Is it just to distract? Was there something in a how to be a lawyer book that said to put up written displays to convince jurors or something?
    JB spent a couple hundred thousand dollars prior to the trial IIRC. He is just showing all of us where some of the money went.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    dr vass is amazing. the way he handled JB's alarmingly <modsnipped> questioning just amazed me. absolutely loooooove dr vass
    OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Listening to Dr. Vass was HOT!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    There were actual cannabinols found on the paper towels in Tony's trash that was in ICA's trunk. In my highly unscientific opinion, this is because said paper towels were used to wipe out the inside of the bowl on a pipe, or to wipe off a "poker" used to clean the inside of such a bowl. Typically, bong water goes down the sink/toilet, but even with a bong there is a bowl that holds the substance, and said bowl gets tarry/clogged. Paper towel used to wipe this residue off makes most sense as the source of the THC found on the paper towels found in the trash found trunk. If that makes sense?
    That opinion is a hell of a lot more comforting than my thought of Caylee being exposed to second hand smoke. In levels enough to be in the adipose.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gelfie68 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Listening to Dr. Vass was HOT!
    YES.
    Bad boys are so overrated.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nali87 For This Useful Post:

I hope its a computer analyst that tells about the chloroform searches!!!
    Wonder if she printed the instructions and the copies were found at Tony's in the papers.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phoebeb For This Useful Post:

I believe he was trying to connect the bong water and the "meat" together...saying she had the munchies and ate 10 lbs of raw hamburger to quench her cravings...and i suppose she had the plastic bag over her head to keep the pot smoke inside?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the smell of bong water. From personal experience (shhhh! ) bong water smells TERRIBLE! The resin from marijuana mixed with water makes one of the most putrid smells ever. It is considered a major "party foul" to spill a bong because the smell is so vile and so difficult to remove. If it is spilled on carpet, forget it, it's gonna smell for weeks.

However, I don't think it smells like decomposition at all (at least not animal, I've never smelled human). So I don't exactly see the correlation here.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ljczec For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT-COASTER View Post
    Yes i must not be as bright as JB either.. Because I didnt realize that telling the jury that your client has Pot residue in her trunk is helpful in the least lol.
    It is if you're trying to explain why your client might eat lbs of raw hamburger meat with a bag over her head.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    It is showmanship. He thinks if he forces someone to write something that they don't want to it helps him make his point. That they reach the same conclusion as him. It distracts them from the real questions as well. So they may make a mistake in their answers.

It would have been far more effective if Dr. Vass had been the one to at the direction of Mr. Baez

show 30 elements known in decomp /3 found. It didn't have that same effect with Dr. Vass having time to think about where JB was going.
    Don't you think it's also to mess with their heads...having witnesses jump through hoops for him? I think it's very demeaning...and IMO it's designed for that very purpose.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    Have we exhausted the subject of the wikipedia edits from a florida IP address during the trial lunch hour yet?
    Nuh uh! For real?

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miaa View Post
    Hi Rosie. What am I missing?
    Do you think Baez should have a wiki? tia
    Probably nothing, I guess I just thought everyone had one, LOL. Seriously, yes, I guess do as people have them for less. He certainly has had himself out there enough and all.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    I could see her using the tape for the mouth, but why the nose? That is one of my big problem..why did they find duct tape over Caylee's nose/remains? To me that would mean that who ever put the tape over her nose did it with the intent to make sure the child would stop breathing IMO.
    I had first thought she did that to keep the fluids from exiting the body (into to the car maybe)until I learned Friday or Saturday here that the hair that was on the duct did not have the death band, meaning ICA put that duct tape on Caylee while she was still alive.

After that I have decided she is just poor plain evil. And that is the nicest thing I can say.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
    I had first thought she did that to keep the fluids from exiting the body (into to the car maybe)until I learned Friday or Saturday here that the hair that was on the duct did not have the death band, meaning ICA put that duct tape on Caylee while she was still alive.

After that I have decided she is just poor plain evil. And that is the nicest thing I can say.
    I've been thinking about this since QueenD's post.
    Maybe it was only her mouth covered, as small as she is, maybe the couple of layers were to just strengthen the tape to keep it firmer on her mouth, yet she struggled when she awoke, trying to move her mouth to the point that the tape covered her nose, and as she was giving out of what breath she had, she could no longer fight the tape away.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    I will be forever grateful to Dr. Vass as my 13 year old was riveted to his testimony, making notes and is just a fire with a renewed interest in science. We are going to have a fun summer, I am going to be reading here and then off to find some things for her to do.
    Check out Steve Spangler online - great science experiments!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cherry Ames For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    1. "Burpees".... yep. They make ya burp. Well named.

2. Still not sure on bong water residue v. pipe/bowl scrapings to produce the chemical signature on the paper towels. Either way, not in Caylee's tissues IMO. (And only IMO.)

3. Re: JB using pen and pad vs the technology in the courtroom--again IMO this is ONLY because he does not know how to use the technology and did not avail himself of opportunities to learn (CJBP gave both teams the opportunity to go into the courtroom and get used to the equipment). What he is doing with pen, paper, and easel, is exactly what the SA is doing using only the computer screens. This was made abundantly clear when JB approached GA or YM (?) with a blown-up photo of a gas can on a posterboard that was the exact same photo the SA had earlier used on the screens alone.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Only wished we would have counted JB's objections that were over-ruled by the judge. Easy 15+ . The judge had numerous sidebars and it appeared the Judge explained to JB what questions he could ask and JB went back and asked the same question he was directed NOT to ask.

At one point he objected to his own question. Honestly it was hard to listen to JB on cross.

Can't imagine how the PT felt today and as for Dr. Vass he probably never wants to see JB again JB was such a bully.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QueenD View Post

From my understanding, not all corpse hairs have this deathband, though. It is only seen in the hair of corpses, but not always seen in the hair of corpses. At least, that's what I gathered from the testimony.

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Babysitting today, can't watch like I want too but I did see her and she aggravates the heck out of me.......she is so anti SA........
    Since she wants to talk about the case so much wonder why she left it... she had her chance to shine and walked away from it.......
    $$$$$ ran out

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    Whoa..Just thought I could pop back in to say and remind peeps..that Dr. Vass is no verteran testifying expert..IIRC this is the first time he has ever testified in a courtroom..and his ability to withstand such a convoluting cross just proved the intelligence, expertise of this man (Dr. Vass)..He did this NOT for money..and certainly was NOT a PAID EXPERT..but a True Scientist testifying to his work,results and findings and quite capable to deflecting suggestions of faulty protocols, methodology and most..Findings were NOT "bought and paid for" by anybody..

Dr. Vass is one wonderful, unsullied man who not only loves what he does ( almost childlike when recounting his works )..but would never ever compromise it for profit..JMO

Dr. Vass, on behalf of Caylee and all those who wish for justice here..TY TY TY!!..You Rock!!
    ITA completely!
    Although at times Dr Vaas showed some frustration, for the most part he kept his cool which I was amazed at considering the <modsnip> accusations Baez was throwing his way ....
    I loved the way he would answer Jose AGAIN and try to explain his answer in more detail the second time around ... it was subtle, but the sarcasm was there and Dr Vaas seemed determined to get his point across ...

IMO Dr Vaas came across as geniune and extremely knowledgeable ... he took time to enthusiastically explain (did I mention I <3 Dr Vaas?) the facts of his testing and research to the jury in a way they would understand without talking down to them .... awesome job !!
    I was very surprised to hear that he didn't have experience testifying in trials ... he did it so well

IMO Jose came across as a <modsnip> for the way he treated Dr Vaas on the stand ... wrong approach, Jose ... I think it really turned the jury off .... JMO
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 06-06-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: reason: name calline

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to denjet For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast