804 users online (144 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Is George lying?

Im a lurker mostly... I want to thank you all for your wonderful insight and just being here.

I cant hep but think George was "Hinky" at best on the stand. All of his answers (And I cant remember verbatim but...) Didnt he answer all of the questions concerning the morning of June 16. in "General" terms.... Like "I usually wake up right after Cindy "Would" leave"
    "I usually give Caylee Breakfast" etc.
    IMHO he never answered the question specifically about that day other that the way over the top description of what Caylee was wearing. I find it so oddd that he is so general with his answers about the happenings of the day and so specific about Caylees clothing. It doesnt fit.

I was looking @ the timeline over at A candy Rose and the general answers he gives in the first hearing ias the same and are just not sounding truthful.

From the beginning I have thought Casey killed her child, IDK if accidental drowning or something more sinister. But I do think George knows a LOT more OR he is scared that Casey knows something on him. He has always struck me as a <mod snip> but now Im thinking why is he lying.
    Your thoughts?
    Last edited by grandmaj; 06-05-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Changed Thread title. Websleuths is a victim/family friendly forum. name calling

I disagree. I think he's doing the best he can under the circumstances. Apparently the SA had no problem with the way he answered his questions either. "Eyes For Lies" also thinks he is being sincere and that says a lot IMO.

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    I don't believe George is lying about the alleged molestation or the supposed drowning. He did neither imo. He is lying about seeing them on the 16th etc. as he told early on and is now stuck with continuing those lies, and all the other lies he has told after the 15th to date. It would look bad if he told the truth now (not that Cindy would allow that anyway).. he would lose credibility with the jurors if he came clean about everything he does know and they may think the worse of him, perhaps even begin to suspect he was involved and was a molester, which I don't think they believe right now, imo. Ol' George and family have dug themselves into a hole.

Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

Quote Originally Posted by clayangel View Post
    Im a lurker mostly... I want to thank you all for your wonderful insight and just being here.

I cant hep but think George was "Hinky" at best on the stand. All of his answers (And I cant remember verbatim but...) Didnt he answer all of the questions concerning the morning of June 16. in "General" terms.... Like "I usually wake up right after Cindy "Would" leave"
    IMHO he never answered the question specifically about that day other that the way over the top description of what Caylee was wearing. I find it so oddd that he is so general with his answers about the happenings of the day and so specific about Caylees clothing. It doesnt fit.

I was looking @ the timeline over at A candy Rose and the general answers he gives in the first hearing ias the same and are just not sounding truthful.

From the beginning I have thought Casey killed her child, IDK if accidental drowning or something more sinister. But I do think George knows a LOT more OR he is scared that Casey knows something on him. He has always struck me as a weasel of a guy but now Im thinking why is he lying.
    Your thoughts?
    Why is he lying? He and Cindy have been lying to cover Casey's involvement from the get go. He's painted himself into a corner with his lies, just as the rest of the Anthony family has. He has to stay with his original answers on the depositions. And on his original depositions he was all over the place. He lied then, and was purposely evasive with them. Now three years later, he's trying to do the same. If he had just answered the questions truthfully in the first place, I think he wouldn't be having such a tough time now.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

I disagree and very strongly. When George was on the stand recently, he knows for more information than he knew when he gave his initial deposition. Aside from the incredible stress he was under then, and even more now with the accusations he's had thrown at him - he still cannot deviate from his original responses in his depo. If he does, he will be impeached.

Under the circumstances, he's doing the best he can. IMO
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

I don't think he's afraid that Casey has would have something on him - I mean she's already accused him of molesting her as a young girl and disposing of Caylee's body, what else could she do or have that would hurt him more than that? I'm looking at his testimony again and I don't see anything wrong with his answers; if he used to give Caylee breakfast "usually", then well "usually" is the word to use.

I agree PIP I want insisting that he had anything to do with the crime just that he is lying about something and has been since the first days. So in my eyes he has already lost credibility with me.

I agree PIP I want insisting that he had anything to do with the crime just that he is lying about something and has been since the first days. So in my eyes he has already lost credibility with me.
    We know that, but the jurors may be in the dark to the facts of the case as they played out.

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

From the beginning I have thought Casey killed her child, IDK if accidental drowning or something more sinister. But I do think George knows a LOT more OR he is scared that Casey knows something on him. He has always struck me as a weasel of a guy but now Im thinking why is he lying.
    Your thoughts?
    This is so strange. I was just making almost the identical post and starting a new thread on it when the answer to why George remembers what Caylee was wearing popped into my head.

No doubt in my mind the state knows the answer too and it will be revealed later in the trial.

George had 10 years or so of training and practice to notice the detail of what people are wearing. Probably a habit he carried over.

The defense asking what Cindy was wearing meant nothing because George was asleep when she left for work and gone to work when she got off.

In the deposition he describes what Casey was wearing if I remember right.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

I think when he got on the stand this time, he had in the back of his mind the accusations that were recently thrown at him. He may have been trying to answer in a way as to NOT make those accusations seem true. And in the process may have came off to some the way you described you saw it above. But I DO NOT think he had any involvement. IDK. JMO.

Humm. Good post Clayangel. My "not right" sounded as well. But I am so far behind that maybe there is some reason or something. I wonder if the juror's noticed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    I disagree and very strongly. When George was on the stand recently, he knows for more information than he knew when he gave his initial deposition. Aside from the incredible stress he was under then, and even more now with the accusations he's had thrown at him - he still cannot deviate from his original responses in his depo. If he does, he will be impeached.

Under the circumstances, he's doing the best he can. IMO
    ITA. I don't buy some conspiracy involving GA.

I'm sure we'll never know the truth...thought that then...think that now. IMHO he was/is not connected to the crime, but rather was trying to protect his daughter. Look where that got him. The family has to live with that...but it doesn't negate the fact that Casey...and only Casey...is responsible for Caylee's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    This is so strange. I was just making almost the identical post and starting a new thread on it when the answer to why George remembers what Caylee was wearing popped into my head.

No doubt in my mind the state knows the answer too and it will be revealed later in the trial.

George had 10 years or so of training and practice to notice the detail of what people are wearing. Probably a habit he carried over.

The defense asking what Cindy was wearing meant nothing because George was asleep when she left for work and gone to work when she got off.

In the deposition he describes what Casey was wearing if I remember right.
    BBM

I think the reason George remembered what Caylee was wearing that day is that it is the last picture he has of her in his mind. It was the last time he saw his precious granddaughter. Doesn't seem strange to me at all.

I think a big problem with George is that he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Like when JB was trying to get him to answer the question.. 'was the smell in the trunk stronger than inside the car when you opened it at the tow yard?' I wanted to smack GA upside the head.. JUST SAY YES, IT WAS! Duh! He already had described the trunk odor as being horrific. He thought JB was trying to trick him, yet the answer YES would have benefitted George. His attempts to avoid answering made him look like a liar.. and for no good reason. He couldn't problem solve that question. I was like.. OMG.
    Dumb.

the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast