700 users online (91 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Congratulations to RHornsby!

Just read the new People magazine today and the article on the trial. Mr. Hornsby is asked and quoted multiple times regarding his expert take on the case/trial. Congratulations! When will you be appearing on Geraldo? J/K!!

Mods, please feel free to move this if I've posted it in the wrong place. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frrlk View Post
    Just read the new People magazine today and the article on the trial. Mr. Hornsby is asked and quoted multiple times regarding his expert take on the case/trial. Congratulations! When will you be appearing on Gerardo? J/K!!

Mods, please feel free to move this if I've posted it in the wrong place. Thanks.
    Can you give those of us without access to the People article a quick summary? Would love to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by D96s View Post
    Can you give those of us without access to the People article a quick summary? Would love to hear.
    Sure, give me some time, I'm a terrible typist. Oops, mods, can I do that? I know there's copyright stuff.
    Last edited by frrlk; 06-05-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: to ask ?

Sure, give me some time, I'm a terrible typist. Oops, mods, can I do that? I know there's copyright stuff.
    Not a mod, but I know that reproducing the article in full or partial without expressed permission from the publisher is copyright infringement. Just tell in your own words what the article is about, and perhaps an excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    Not a mod, but I know that reproducing the article in full or partial without expressed permission from the publisher is copyright infringement. Just tell in your own words what the article is about, and perhaps an excerpt.
    OK. It's a 4 pg article and only covers up to 5/28. Tells no more (and probably much less) than we all know already. It does imply that G and C have shifted their position in terms of support. Richard is quoted 4/5 times:

1) That Baez is throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

2) That the testimony regarding ICA's mothering could give a jury pause and consideration regarding if she could commit such an act.

3) That using the kitchen sink approach for the defense w/ a conspiracy slant, and that ICA is the only innocent, could backfire as not believable.

4) That using the molestation theory for her inabilty to care, tell the truth or show sorrow is unrealistic.

5) That the Kronk assertions, including making (false) accusations gives the defense little, especially in light that they are now claiming accident.

I really jumbled this up and there are no direct quotes at all. And Richard was far more eloquent than I.

http://www.people.com/people/article...499012,00.html
    Last edited by beach; 06-05-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add link citing source

That was excellent and gives us a general idea of the article. I respect Mr Hornsby a lot, so I'm glad to see his opinions are much like the temperature of this board. Thank you very much, frrlk.

OK. It's a 4 pg article and only covers up to 5/28. Tells no more (and probably much less) than we all know already. It does imply that G and C have shifted their position in terms of support. Richard is quoted 4/5 times:

2) That the testimony regarding ICA's mothering could give a jury pause and consideration regarding if she could commit such an act.

3) That using the kitchen sink approach for the defense w/ a conspiracy slant, and that ICA is the only innocent, could backfire as not believable.

4) That using the molestation theory for her inabilty to care, tell the truth or show sorrow is unrealistic.

5) That the Kronk assertions, including making (false) accusations gives the defense little, especially in light that they are now claiming accident.

I really jumbled this up and there are no direct quotes at all. And Richard was far more eloquent than I.
    I'm sitting and staring at the magazine right now! I think I'll go read it!!

Thank you for this synopsis, frrlk. I agree with him 100%. The "all-in" defense is generally not reliable (excuse my use of qoutes )

I added the link for you.

Just read the new People magazine today and the article on the trial. Mr. Hornsby is asked and quoted multiple times regarding his expert take on the case/trial. Congratulations! When will you be appearing on Geraldo? J/K!!

I bought that and read it yesterday! He was awesome!

Thanks for letting us know frrlk. I don't usually buy magazines but I might actually go get this issue now.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by D96s View Post
    Thank you for this synopsis, frrlk. I agree with him 100%. The "all-in" defense is generally not reliable (excuse my use of qoutes )
    Why did you quotes? What does it mean when people use quotes? Can you explain quotes?

I'm just "quoting" Baez, naturally. He has a law degree (we're told) and he doesn't know the many ways people use quotes.

Hey, thanks for the article summary.

For Jose: summary is when people tell about something in their own words, no quotes needed.
    Last edited by Zoe Bogart; 06-05-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

We all knew he was special, this just confirms it.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!