Couple threatens to foreclose on Bank of America branch

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Florida couple threatens Bank of America branch with foreclosure after they were falsely foreclosed

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oreclosure_after_they_were.html#ixzz1OTAarXNh

n an era where it seems like everyone is behind on their mortgage payments, Maureen Collier and her retired police officer husband Sgt. Warren Nyerges were in a different position - their the Florida bank owed them $2,534 in attorney fees. The branch refused to pay up despite a court order, the News-Press reported.On Friday, the couple's lawyer, a moving company and two sheriff's deputies went to the bank with an ultimatum: hand over the cash or an equivalent amount of furniture to be sold at public auction.
After an hour of negotiations, the bank chose to cut the couple a check for $5,772.88 to satisfy the original debt plus other fees related to the collection, the Naples News reported.

Awesome! I hate BofA. They screwed me out of close to $1000 several years ago and we weren't smart enough to do that to them. They are a huge conglomeration and they do pretty much what they want. Just hate em!!!

Awesome! I hate BofA. They screwed me out of close to $1000 several years ago and we weren't smart enough to do that to them. They are a huge conglomeration and they do pretty much what they want. Just hate em!!!

Ditto here. We have had our mortgage through them and back in early 2009 when rates tumbled we applied for refinancing. We never got it. What we got was months of stalling tactics during which we had to pay for an appraisal. They were always working on it, would get back soon etc etc. We'd get calls everytime from someone different who acted like they just got our app and didnt know it was supposedly being worked on.
After about nine months of this we just told them to go to hell. We never got the refinancing and had to pay for the appraisal fee. I don't think they were that overworked. I think the people at the top are selfish sociopaths.
BTW, we still got calls up to a year after we cancelled the app acting like they didnt know we'd cancelled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back