1087 users online (180 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man, 62, is accused of pouring a cup of coffee on little girl's head

An idyllic day of apple picking and hayrides at Smolak Farm turned sour yesterday for the family of a young girl after a 62-year-old man allegedly poured a cup of coffee on her head.
    William F. Tracy of Andover was arrested at the scene just after midday on five counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, said North Andover Police Sergeant Fred Soucy. Tracy was scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow in Lawrence District Court and was released on personal recognizance, Soucy said.

Witnesses said Tracy became outraged after the girl accidentally sprayed him with soda when she opened a can. He then doused the child with coffee, they said.

Police refused to identify the child, but witnesses said she appeared to be about 3 or 4 years old. Farm owner Michael Smolak, 52, said she was accompanied by her mother, father, and grandmother in a section of picnic tables when she sprayed Tracy, who was seated at a table next to hers.

A farm employee, Stephanie Bullis, 18, of North Andover, said she witnessed the aftermath of the incident from a cash register outside the farmstand.

''I saw a man spill something, and then the mother grabbed the child, screaming, and ran inside there," said Bullis, pointing to the farm stand building. ''Then a few minutes later, the father and the man had some words behind me. The father said something like 'You scalded my daughter.'" Bullis said she saw police arrest Tracy.

Full Story

What an idiot! Can you imagine dousing a 3/4 year old for ANY reason? I hope that this man is forced to seek help with his temper. Lucky for the little girl that the coffee was not so hot.