Identified! OK - Logan Co., Woman's body in Cimarron River, May'11 - Kimberly Harlow

cook78

Reaction score
http://guthriesports.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/officers-look-into-identity-of-murder-victim/

Deputies with the Logan County Sheriff’s Office and the OSBI are working to identify a woman who was found in the Cimarron River late last month.
If you have any information regarding the identity of the woman, you are asked to call the Logan County Sheriff's Office at (405) 282-4100.

Officers were called to the river on May 28, 2011 around 6:30 p.m. after a couple found the woman’s body near the State Highway 74 bridge close to Crescent.

More at the link

View attachment 16214

To far fetch? but when I seen the sketch of this lady I thought of Gail Palmgren missing from TN.

Wow. That's pretty close.

Gailpalmgren2.JPG
janedoe.jpg

Thanks Carl! my photos was posting upside down . new laptop.

The sketch certainly does resemble her. I hope you call it in! Looks like the distance is around 13 hours away, but still you never know the circumstances!

I post it on Logan Sheriff Office with links to Gail's pages . I am not good calling in tips. :(

Did anyone physically phone this one in? I appreciate how hard it is to do so...Gail's thread is an active one on WS, so it would be nice to be sure.

Did anyone physically phone this one in? I appreciate how hard it is to do so...Gail's thread is an active one on WS, so it would be nice to be sure.

No I didn't :( I did post a link for Gail On Logan So facebook. I sending a message to "Arlene" Gail friend that working so hard to find her.

No I didn't :( I did post a link for Gail On Logan So facebook. I sending a message to "Arlene" Gail friend that working so hard to find her.

PLEASE DONT-contacting case players without Tricia's approval is a no no!!

The drawing looks very, very much like Gail Palmgren. That is exactly how she wears her hair a lot of the time - in a ponytail at the nape of the neck. Look at the eyes, the nose, the hair in the drawing. Look at the dark "roots" the artist included in the sketch, and look at Gail's. The similarities give me chills. The height is off (Gail is 5'8"), but they could be wrong about the UID's height depending on the condition the body was in when it was discovered.

Can somebody please call this in? If this is Gail, her friends and family need to know. :(

Whether it's Gail or someone else, I hope they can ID her soon and notify her loved ones.

I left a voicemail message on the tipline.

PLEASE DONT-contacting case players without Tricia's approval is a no no!!

I didn't say anthing about WS. This was on facebook "help bring Gail home" and I just asked her to look at the link for UID in Logan. No link for WS.
:truce: Sorry! I like that page so I can comment on it.:eek:hoh:

This is odd. This article and video is dated 5/29 and is saying they have identified the person. ???? What did we miss yesterday?

http://www.koco.com/news/28064772/detail.html#ixzz1OvlhO2tD

It looks like the link in the OP was copied over and shared from the original article(s) back in may but the blog owner failed to update when this jane was id'd. Not uncommon at all. I've seen many outdated missing persons information that still indicates they are missing months after being recovered. I'm sure it happens pretty frequently with UID's too.

I'll notify the mods to let them know this possible match can be ruled out. I'm sure if this was Gail we'd know she'd been recovered with all the discussion on her MP thread.

From the above link.
Investigators said they were waiting on an official cause of death from the medical examiner’s office.

Deputies said the victim's family has been notified.

No further information was immediately available.

could the first article have been mistaken? it sounds like that sketch was just recently released with an official request for help. why go through the trouble to release the sketch? it doesn't sound like it was released on the 29th on a sunday, less than 24 hours after the body was found, that seems too soon. the first article does not mention a sketch.

http://www.kfor.com/kfor-body-found-in-logan-county-20110608,0,4830118.story this has comments from official people stating they have looked into all MP reports etc., again it sounds like this would have taken longer than the 24 hours that the first article was posted by stating she had been identified.

This body is NOT identified yet. That one news story was incorrect.

I occurred to me that May 24, the day they believe this woman died was the day of an outbreak of huge tornados in Oklahoma. (The one that went near where she was found is marked on this list of F/EF-5 tornados, the most intense on the scale. It's number 57, the latest one recorded, traveling from El Reno to Guthrie. http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/f5torns.html)

The tornado in this video is also that same one that passed very close to where the body was found. Seems odd that someone would murder a woman and dispose of her body in such violent storms. On the other hand, maybe the murderer thought it would be the perfect crime.
YouTube - ‪5-24-11 Oklahoma Tornadoes‬‏

tornado0524.png

I looked at the last press release posted by Steadfast. it indicated that homicide could not be ruled out not that she was definitely murdered.

it is possible that this woman WAS a victim of the tornado and wound up in the river. I guess only time will tell. in any event, I can't imagine anyone driving from TN to OK in the midst of a massive tornado just to dispose of a body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back