Caylee's Moderators :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticFringe

I know you're out there...
Reaction score
Good Evening.

I can only assume that there are newer members here due to the extensive case coverage and with In Session shutting down their board.

There have been new moderators added due to high volume I assume.A lot to keep up with eh?

When we have been warned not to "bash"the defendant...on what threads does this apply to?Is it only in specific threads?I can see where we go off topic BUT when is the line drawn?

If there ever was a case where the defendant has been "bashed"and deservedly so it's right here...in numerous threads.
I'd like to know as a member here and perhaps others would like to know just exactly what "bashing"means to the moderators.

No one wants to be warned of a time out or a banning due to saying Casey's hair looks greasy or she lives in Never Never Land.

Yes,I have read TOS.....I just would like some clarity.

Hello there!

First, the normal protocol for asking questions about the rules is to contact one of the moderators privately. You can even suggest that we need to make an announcement of some sort because it seems that many are confused about the rules.

In this case, I think an announcement is a good idea, so I'll leave the thread here and answer the questions. :kimsterwink:

"Bashing" generally means "making fun" of the players in the cases and it isn't allowed. Now, some of you are going to say you've seen posts where players are being bashed and that's true because the moderators do not read every post. There isn't enough time in a day no matter how many mods on a forum. What we do all read are the alerts, so if you see these kinds of posts, be sure to use the little red triangle in the upper right portion of the post and sent us an alert so we can take care of it.

An example of bashing would be "his parents must have been cattle because he's not human". An example of not bashing is "can she tell the truth for ONCE? I've never seen someone LIE so often! :banghead:"

There are some posts that are inbetween and in those cases, the tie goes to the poster and so they are not removed.

The other issues that might cause your post to disappear are name calling and name variations. And example would be if you called Kimster a troll or called her "Kimpathizer". However, if you said "Kimster is an alien", that would be fine because she had admitted to that often.

Hope that makes sense!

There are some other general questions that I answered a few weeks back. You can view that thread if you are a member of WS by clicking here:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136411"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hope that helps! If you guys have further questions, please contact a mod pirvately.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members