1248 users online (232 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Has Casey been medicated during the trial? (Multiple options ok)

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think she's been medicated a few times during her trial.

65 20.50%
  • I think she's been medicated the entire trial.

78 24.61%
  • I think she's been medicated since her crying episode the day CA testified.

35 11.04%
  • I am certain because of news reports that she's medicated.

1 0.32%
  • I don't think she's been medicated during trial at all.

95 29.97%
  • I feel she should be allowed to be medicated.

14 4.42%
  • I don't think she should have medication during the trial.

81 25.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trial: Is Casey medicated? (Poll)

Lots of speculation on this, not much validation out there one way or another that I know of. Please post if you have verified info (& link) that Casey has been medicated during some or part of the trial.

What are the criteria to allow a defendant to be medicated during their trial? And how could that change their demeanor/possibly distort their true personality showing through? Are meds for Casey a good idea or a bad idea?

Post your opinion here.

I personally don't think she's been medicated through this trial. And if she is, I don't think it is right.

Casey turns on and off for the Jury, as soon as they walk in and out. If she were medicated, I do not believe she would do this.

Casey will show emotion again when testimony includes "Casey" she likes to hear about herself in the flattering ways and it's the only time you will see ANY emotion.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I think if at all she gets mediated in jail

My belief is no, at least for sedatives or tranquilizers. Here's why: Sedatives and tranquilizers are controlled substances that are prescribed only in specific circumstances. Most people are not given Xanax, for example, or Valium,to be taken daily, due to the ability of this class of medications to be highly addictive, and side effects if taken regularly.

Jails are not in the business of giving out controlled substances. In institutions like that, it is very hard to get diagnosed with anything and treated. Usually, people on medication were diagnosed on the outside and prescribed meds which the jail doctors affirm. But even if casey was prescribed something like Xanax on the outside, it is unlikely that she would be given it on the inside for long. Instead, she would be prescribed a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, like a Prozac class, which would not cause a tranquilized appearance or demeanor if prescribed correctly.

But I doubt she would even be prescribed something like that.

People with psychiatric issues like depression usually suffer hard in places like jails and prisons. It can takes a long time for them to get diagnosed and treated. Usually, if an inmate panics or freaks out, they are watched and placed in an area where they can't hurt themselves, or placed in restraints, none of which help. In extreme cases, they may give them a one-time sedative via a shot or a pill, after being examined by a PA or doctor.

I highly doubt casey had a prescription for xanax on the outside and I almost guarantee she doesn't have one now.

What we are seeing is a mostly bored and angry young person with at the least, sociopathic tendencies, who is annoyed and amazed and "frushtrated" that she could not talk her way out of this one.

She does not have a tranquilized appearance to me. If she was on tranqs, it is likely that she would start to nod off in the afternoon. Instead, she maintains her usual icy, or flirty, or angry demeanor.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

No way do I think ICA has been medicated during her trial...I'm sure it would be extremely difficult to have most "coping drugs" approved. JMO

I have thought about this lately and I DO think she is getting meds. this was explain her "flat" effect. There are times when she just doesnt seem "there" its not good, it wont allow her true personality to show thru. In pics, she seemed like an upbeat smiling person alot. When she sits there and looks stone faced and all that, she is called Icy. JMO

Does anyone know of a thread or where we can ask if inmates are allowed certain medications? TIA

She doesn't deserve any more special treatment courtesy of the state of Florida. As ICA has ice water in her veins anyway, all she needs is to see a male to make her act alive and perky.

Quote Originally Posted by feddup View Post
    I have thought about this lately and I DO think she is getting meds. this was explain her "flat" effect. There are times when she just doesnt seem "there" its not good, it wont allow her true personality to show thru. In pics, she seemed like an upbeat smiling person alot. When she sits there and looks stone faced and all that, she is called Icy. JMO
    In the photos we saw, in which she was smiling, she was partying and free. She was not being tried for first degree murder, facing the death penalty.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by 2door73chevy View Post
    Does anyone know of a thread or where we can ask if inmates are allowed certain medications? TIA
    Is she protected by patient privacy laws? I would think so, but know if it extends to prisoners. Good question for our ask-a-lawyer thread and I will do that. Watch that space.

Has KCkoolaid been recognized by the FDA?
    The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-- Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by thedeviledadvocate View Post
    Has KCkoolaid been recognized by the FDA?
    Thank you for that.I had a giggle.

I don't think she is medicated, at all. One can kind of tell when a person is on benzodiazepines... droopy eyes, nodding off, perhaps. IF she is on anything, it's probably something like Prozac. Now, from personal experience, medications like that will dull a personality and cause a flat affect (they did that to ME, anyhow), so I think it would be pretty stupid to have her on those.. it would not make sense to have her appear emotionless. As I said though, I do not believe she is medicated. I think the flat affect/"stone face" is just natural, psychopathic I-C-A.

I'm not sure but IMO Lee was medicated during his testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    I'm not sure but IMO Lee was medicated during his testimony.
    Lee looks like he has been smoking too much, and I don't mean cigarettes! Moo. He has gained weight, and looks very "sloppy".
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast