Trial: Is Casey medicated? (Poll)

Has Casey been medicated during the trial? (Multiple options ok)

• I think she's been medicated a few times during her trial.

Votes: 65 20.5%
  • I think she's been medicated the entire trial.

Votes: 78 24.6%
  • I think she's been medicated since her crying episode the day CA testified.

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • I am certain because of news reports that she's medicated.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't think she's been medicated during trial at all.

Votes: 95 30.0%
  • I feel she should be allowed to be medicated.

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • I don't think she should have medication during the trial.

Votes: 81 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capri

Reaction score
Lots of speculation on this, not much validation out there one way or another that I know of. Please post if you have verified info (& link) that Casey has been medicated during some or part of the trial.

What are the criteria to allow a defendant to be medicated during their trial? And how could that change their demeanor/possibly distort their true personality showing through? Are meds for Casey a good idea or a bad idea?

Post your opinion here.

I personally don't think she's been medicated through this trial. And if she is, I don't think it is right.

Casey turns on and off for the Jury, as soon as they walk in and out. If she were medicated, I do not believe she would do this.

Casey will show emotion again when testimony includes "Casey" she likes to hear about herself in the flattering ways and it's the only time you will see ANY emotion.

My belief is no, at least for sedatives or tranquilizers. Here's why: Sedatives and tranquilizers are controlled substances that are prescribed only in specific circumstances. Most people are not given Xanax, for example, or Valium,to be taken daily, due to the ability of this class of medications to be highly addictive, and side effects if taken regularly.

Jails are not in the business of giving out controlled substances. In institutions like that, it is very hard to get diagnosed with anything and treated. Usually, people on medication were diagnosed on the outside and prescribed meds which the jail doctors affirm. But even if casey was prescribed something like Xanax on the outside, it is unlikely that she would be given it on the inside for long. Instead, she would be prescribed a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, like a Prozac class, which would not cause a tranquilized appearance or demeanor if prescribed correctly.

But I doubt she would even be prescribed something like that.

People with psychiatric issues like depression usually suffer hard in places like jails and prisons. It can takes a long time for them to get diagnosed and treated. Usually, if an inmate panics or freaks out, they are watched and placed in an area where they can't hurt themselves, or placed in restraints, none of which help. In extreme cases, they may give them a one-time sedative via a shot or a pill, after being examined by a PA or doctor.

I highly doubt casey had a prescription for xanax on the outside and I almost guarantee she doesn't have one now.

What we are seeing is a mostly bored and angry young person with at the least, sociopathic tendencies, who is annoyed and amazed and "frushtrated" that she could not talk her way out of this one.

She does not have a tranquilized appearance to me. If she was on tranqs, it is likely that she would start to nod off in the afternoon. Instead, she maintains her usual icy, or flirty, or angry demeanor.

No way do I think ICA has been medicated during her trial...I'm sure it would be extremely difficult to have most "coping drugs" approved. JMO

I have thought about this lately and I DO think she is getting meds. this was explain her "flat" effect. There are times when she just doesnt seem "there" its not good, it wont allow her true personality to show thru. In pics, she seemed like an upbeat smiling person alot. When she sits there and looks stone faced and all that, she is called Icy. JMO

Does anyone know of a thread or where we can ask if inmates are allowed certain medications? TIA

She doesn't deserve any more special treatment courtesy of the state of Florida. As ICA has ice water in her veins anyway, all she needs is to see a male to make her act alive and perky.

I have thought about this lately and I DO think she is getting meds. this was explain her "flat" effect. There are times when she just doesnt seem "there" its not good, it wont allow her true personality to show thru. In pics, she seemed like an upbeat smiling person alot. When she sits there and looks stone faced and all that, she is called Icy. JMO

In the photos we saw, in which she was smiling, she was partying and free. She was not being tried for first degree murder, facing the death penalty.

Does anyone know of a thread or where we can ask if inmates are allowed certain medications? TIA

Is she protected by patient privacy laws? I would think so, but know if it extends to prisoners. Good question for our ask-a-lawyer thread and I will do that. Watch that space.

I don't think she is medicated, at all. One can kind of tell when a person is on benzodiazepines... droopy eyes, nodding off, perhaps. IF she is on anything, it's probably something like Prozac. Now, from personal experience, medications like that will dull a personality and cause a flat affect (they did that to ME, anyhow), so I think it would be pretty stupid to have her on those.. it would not make sense to have her appear emotionless. As I said though, I do not believe she is medicated. I think the flat affect/"stone face" is just natural, psychopathic I-C-A.

I'm not sure but IMO Lee was medicated during his testimony.

Lee looks like he has been smoking too much, and I don't mean cigarettes! Moo. He has gained weight, and looks very "sloppy".:twocents:

I think she's been medicated from the moment her medical records were finalized. It's NOTHING to take a couple of Xanax every day, or more, and not appear loaded. The longer you take a benzodiazepine (like Xanax, Valium, Ativan), the less it works due to tolerance. ICA could be absolutely loaded on Xanax with little appearance of being "medicated". I imagine ICA has been taking a happy pill or two a day for a long time, and perhaps because of the stress of the trial, her dose got upped. It seems reasonable.

Personally I see her demeanor as being "odd" because she IS odd, she's disturbed and her affect is bizarre.

Now Lee Anthony looked loaded to me.

Update from one of our lawyers, beachbumming:
Casey's medical records are confidential.

***my op-
I think she is medicated and has a legal right to the medication if it is properly prescribed. She should not be denied medical care in jail or prison whether we like what the doctor is doing or not. Respectfully in the minority (of 1) opinion on this one.

Update from one of our lawyers, beachbumming:
Casey's medical records are confidential.

***my op-
I think she is medicated and has a legal right to the medication if it is properly prescribed. She should not be denied medical care in jail or prison whether we like what the doctor is doing or not. Respectfully in the minority (of 1) opinion on this one.

Thanks Xin for finding that out..I don't think she should be allowed to take ANYTHING that would/could make her high or feel good..JMO

If Casey had been taking an antidepressant for awhile it would seem like she wouldn't have a flat effect or appear dull. You'd think the meds would be doing their job. Something has helped her to quit smacking her lips and constantly smoothing clothes and hair. I've seen her almost smack her lips together quite a bit and she seems to catch herself, and the same thing with the clothes. Maybe having her hair back is planned to prevent the messing with it, too. Stern warnings about all those habits may be all that she has been given. She still has that wild eyed glare at times when she's smiling at people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back