State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-8-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it might be Meredith since she's the first person who found Michelle.

One of the jurors has no transportation and must rely on a friend (brought up in open court yesterday). I feel sure she will eventually be replaced by an alternate (may be a reason for delay already?)

One of the jurors has no transportation and must rely on a friend (brought up in open court yesterday) I feel sure she will eventually be replaced by an alternate.
I wonder if a deputy could give her a lift?

I think Judge Perry has spoiled me as to having court begin on time. :(

The judge says that occasionally happens for a 1 or 2 day trial but that would not be possible with one that will last this long.
Hmmm. Then they probably should have just let her go. IMO.

Hmmm. Then they probably should have just let her go. IMO.

Problem was timing yesterday. They found out late she had no car.
The judge wanted to start OS yesterday and they were already short an alternate at 2:30

The courtroom is packed again today.

Good morning everyone!

Hopefully she can arrange a ride with another juror.

Okay, I'll admit I'm curious and ignorant enuff to ask these questions about jurors --

During regular, day-to-day testimony, is their lunchtime considered "free time" in that they can go/do wherever/whatever they like as individuals, abiding by the judge's admonitions? Or must they have lunch together bound by the proscriptions of being jurors in a trial?

How about when they are deliberating? Is each juror free to leave the room & take a bathroom break, or must they take such breaks en masse?

Obviously, I've never been a juror.

TIA.

Hmmm...methinks this judge is not going to want to put up with a juror being late.

Okay, I'll admit I'm curious and ignorant enuff to ask these questions about jurors --

During regular, day-to-day testimony, is their lunchtime considered "free time" in that they can go/do wherever/whatever they like as individuals, abiding by the judge's admonitions? Or must they have lunch together bound by the proscriptions of being jurors in a trial?

How about when they are deliberating? Is each juror free to leave the room & take a bathroom break, or must they take such breaks en masse?

Obviously, I've never been a juror.

TIA.

Lunchtime and breaktime are their free time and they can literally do whatever in the bounds of the judge's orders (no interviews, etc.) and time constraints.

When they are deliberating, the same rules apply. But they must request a break, and take a break all together. You can't just have one person get up to use the restroom and the others continue without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie