745 users online (95 members and 650 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What has you frustrated with trial so far?

Voters
504. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motions

24 4.76%
  • Media Coverage

46 9.13%
  • Sidebars

173 34.33%
  • Sarcastic comments by defense

221 43.85%
  • Smirks

132 26.19%
  • Mistakes by State

22 4.37%
  • Initial opening statement by defense

199 39.48%
  • Other

60 11.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Frustration!

I am getting so frustrated with this trial! With motions, sidebars, sarcastic comments to qualified witnesses and smirks and grins where their should be guilt and shame..I just want to scream! I've attached a poll..What is it that has YOU so frustrated with the trial that has you wanting to throw something at your TV?
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

not JUST the sarcastic comments by the defense but ALL the verbal offerings of the defense....
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.
    Lois McMaster Bujold

I voted sidebars but Mr Baez's objections to everything (most all overruled) is driving me insane!
    Last edited by JustPeachy; 06-08-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Support Our Troops

I feel for the witnesses, JB talks to them so rudely and condescendingly as if they don't know what they're talking about. These people are there to speak on their expertise on the case they were presented, no reason to be so rude.
    the above post is strictly my opinion only......for realz

Quote Originally Posted by nosytrish View Post
    I feel for the witnesses, JB talks to them so rudely and condescendingly as if they don't know what they're talking about. These people are there to speak on their expertise on the case they were presented, no reason to be so rude.
    Oh yes,,,this one I do not like for sure and I would have to agree with all of the above.

I am out of work on a medical and will go back in two weeks,I am going to have withdrawels for sure not being able to see what is going on. I will be completely relying on all of you!

All of the above plus some ground that the state doesn't seem to be covering.

This is an interesting thread but please no bashing or derogatory remarks...Thank you!

<modsnip>'s opening statement and all the Talking Heads!!!
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-08-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: name-calling patrol

I too voted JB's tone and remarks. Why does DS and CM not cross examine some of these witnesses?

I put media coverage because when LKB comes on tv, that is when I feel like throwing a brick at the TV. I also hate JB's smirks and the way he treats witnesses at which I have learned to mute. I also have a tough time getting past JB's opening remarks. But yes, again, I feel like throwing the brick when LKB (or her husband) comes on.

Also, when Geraldo talks, I want to throw a brick at the tv.
    Last edited by angeleleven; 06-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.

I am frustrated with the DT's OS because it did have one desired effect- it is causing people to speculate but it has frustrated me b/c the talking heads on TV keep referring to it as if it is gospel and it is by no means been proven at all. I am glad the jury hears none of the commentary b/c it is not just about what testimony has been stated but about how that could fit the DT strategy.
    This is all clouded of course by my personal belief that Caylee needs justice and that her mom is guilty, so I guess it is just being fair, but still.

rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    I chose other, because between her playing legal ass't and helper of the day, it's driving me nuts. The other thing is her complete disregard for the court and why she's there, makes me want to turn the channel. The last thing, is how she acts towards JB, you would think they dated in another time and place. It's annoying.
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I am mostly frushtrated by the defendant's courtroom antics

I am so frushtrated I can barely shwallow! Seriously, I am sick and tired of the defense slandering the witnesses and trying to make them seem incompetent. I know, I know, it's our system, but I am so tired of the lies. Now I want the truth and all I am hearing is more lies.

And some of the talking heads are spreading even more lies! One in particular should not even be out there because she was on the defense team.

I am talking to my television -- a lot!
    Betty Boop

- - - - - - - - - -
    "Ants can carry twenty times their own body weight, which is useful information if you're moving and need help getting a potato chip across town." -- Ron Darian

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I am mostly frushtrated by the defendant's courtroom antics
    Me too - I can hardly shwallow! Why won't she look at the jury? Why does it appear she's watching a tennis match when Baez is at the podium (Baez-witness-Baez-witness). But when LDB or JA is up, her head is practically buried in her lap.

Don't get me started, but when she does her meet n' greet every morning I just want to hurl. Oh, here, let me get that cord for you. Let me get out the notebooks and pick the one I want to read while the SA is talking about my dead daughter.

Oh, the grooming. Can we talk about the grooming? Oh nevermind...

DS is out of school on Monday and that will give me a good excuse to take a necessary time-out Let's see if I can really do it - LOL

Hugs,

Mel

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast