1069 users online (202 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Roy "Clint" House - Sidebar Chat

This was just posted in the news thread. I think it is worth discussion. Very interesting comments from Judge Perry! I find it rather shocking that JB is worried about whether or not people would think Casey was a lesbian! Really? What about that um, MURDER charge?

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Sidebar chat shows Baez worried Casey looked like a lesbian in photos
    Photos in dispute are of Casey Anthony dancing with another woman at Club Fusion during the time Caylee was missing in 2008.

*snip*

The sidebar is included in a printed transcript of Roy "Clint" House's testimony early on in the trial. The transcript was placed this week in Casey Anthony's case file with the Clerk of Courts office. It provides a rare view of one of the many sidebars consuming much of the time at a trial expected to run several more weeks.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4187297.story
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

that is the least of her problems! I would think that being thought of as a liar and a murderer thief is a higher priority than her dancing with a girl at a bar. She is clearly into the boys, I would not find it off that she would go both ways, she will be soon enough in the big house. That is if she gets LWOP and not the DP that is.

Eh, she's not a lesbian, seems she could be bi though. How absurd is this? I think Baez is more desperate than I thought, but I'll admit I'm going to enjoy these sidebars.

Heh... ICA/Baez have a LOT more to worry about than whether or not the photos are 'offensive' and if it makes her look like a lesbian.

Baez tells Perry: "I would just lay out for our argument that any photos that would implicate or insinuate in any way that my client is a lesbian through the dancing she is doing with this other woman..."

At that point Perry cuts him off and asks, "Have you been to nightclubs in the last three or four years?"

Perry again noted there is an issue with allowing too many photos in. He said, "You all sometimes get reckless and you all don't mind retrying cases. I do. I care about convictions. I don't care to do them twice."

Great article.

This just adds to my belief that Casey is driving the train. She probably brow beat him into making that discussion happen.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I thought this part was interesting:

"Perry again noted there is an issue with allowing too many photos in. He said, "You all sometimes get reckless and you all don't mind retrying cases. I do. I care about convictions. I don't care to do them twice."

All I can say is
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

That was the best he could do in his attempt to block the photos?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This just adds to my belief that Casey is driving the train. She probably brow beat him into making that discussion happen.
    Her priorities are screwed up for sure, like we didn't already know that though, if she is worried about what people think of her now. I thought she would cheat, lie , steal, ect all to get Caylee back maybe that included dancing with girls what a horrible thought. Argh.

I got a chuckle at the thought of HHBP out at a bar per his statement Have you been to a bar in the last two or three years?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Baez never ceases to amaze me. Everytime I think he's gone as low as he possibly can (allegations against GA and RK), he pulls out the shovel and digs a new trench.

He's an <<unusual person.>>

ETA: This article also reinforces, strongly, why I HHJP.

This is just silly. Too funny.

Gotta give it to Baez and his client; one last ditch effort to keep those photos from the jury. Like either of them give a dang if people think Casey likes girls. We know she liked the menfolk a whole lot while her baby was missing/dead; who cares if she's one of millions of bi-sexuals too? As you all said, Baez has bigger to fish to fry...
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Eh, she's not a lesbian, seems she could be bi though. How absurd is this? I think Baez is more desperate than I thought, but I'll admit I'm going to enjoy these sidebars.

Absurd doesn't even begin to describe this 'concern' of JB's that people will think she is a lesbian because of those photo's. If there is ANY truth to that line of thinking Baez is living in a bubble. Tons and Tons of young woman in the same age group as Casey was at the time have similiar photo's on their facebook or myspace pages. For that age group similiar style photo's are as common as say fraternities having alcohol at a party.

IMO it reaches beyond desperation, beyond humiliation - this is becoming mortifying on JB's behalf.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Absurd doesn't even begin to describe this 'concern' of JB's that people will think she is a lesbian because of those photo's. If there is ANY truth to that line of thinking Baez is living in a bubble. Tons and Tons of young woman in the same age group as Casey was at the time have similiar photo's on their facebook or myspace pages. For that age group similiar style photo's are as common as say fraternities having alcohol at a party.

IMO it reaches beyond desperation, beyond humiliation - this is becoming mortifying on JB's behalf.
    Perhaps JB's concern about the "impression" that KC is a lesbian is born from the defense theory itself.....that KC was sexually molested.

IMO KC acting as a bisexual or appearing as a lesbian counters JB's argument.

I don't know much about sexual abuse....but from what I have read.....female victims of sexual abuse at times act out sexually via promiscuity...but they do so in a manner that allows them to take back control of their sexuality and often show contempt against other women.

I do NOT mean to offend anyone....I am simply basing my thoughts on what I have read.

Is it possible that JB wants to thwart any discussion about KC having lesbian interactions becasue that may contradict his opening statement?

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Perhaps JB's concern about the "impression" that KC is a lesbian is born from the defense theory itself.....that KC was sexually molested.

IMO KC acting as a bisexual or appearing as a lesbian counters JB's argument.

I don't know much about sexual abuse....but from what I have read.....female victims of sexual abuse at times act out sexually via promiscuity...but they do so in a manner that allows them to take back control of their sexuality and often show contempt against other women.

I do NOT mean to offend anyone....I am simply basing my thoughts on what I have read.

Is it possible that JB wants to thwart any discussion about KC having lesbian interactions becasue that may contradict his opening statement?

Good questions. I too don't know enough about how a victim of sexual abuse may act out promiscuiously and whether there is any correlation on the gender of the their attacker and the gender of whom they may choose to engage in sexual relations later. It would be interesting to know from anyone who does have knowledge in that area.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Have to wonder what the GLBT community is going to think of JB (and ICA too)? JB doesn't want to offend some older members of the jury. Wonder what the senior citizens think of that? He77 I know some grannies that would be all up in his face for saying what he said..

I say its discrimination and sexual profiling.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast