858 users online (114 members and 744 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960

    NEW identification of several of the Alcala photos

    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  2. #2
    THANK YOU for doing this!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    THANK YOU for doing this!
    It's no problem at all...you are very welcome! I just hope that we hear of a lot more!
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,888
    Nice job, Norest! I'd like to lend a hand matching the identified with their threads here. Do you have a link to the new information that says which ones have been id'd? That would be helpful. TIA!
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Nice job, Norest! I'd like to lend a hand matching the identified with their threads here. Do you have a link to the new information that says which ones have been id'd? That would be helpful. TIA!
    It was on the 48 hours website and I listed every new one that was on there. You have to go through the entire photo album to see it. I went to every link of the ones that had links and posted there, so they are already linked. I just don't know how to put them in the IDENTIFIED thread. I'm sorry...I don't have the link.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,888
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    It was on the 48 hours website and I listed every new one that was on there. You have to go through the entire photo album to see it. I went to every link of the ones that had links and posted there, so they are already linked. I just don't know how to put them in the IDENTIFIED thread. I'm sorry...I don't have the link.
    Okay, thanks a lot. I'll see if I can get a link from the 48 Hours site and then I'll move them to the located forum.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,602
    Nice job!!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Here is the link to the photos that I found identified. You have to go through each and every one of them and view the information on the right. Sorry I didn't originally publish the link. It got lost in my scatter of a paperwork mess...haha. It IS on the 48 hours website, but apparently from cbs news. You really have to dig for it.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-18559_16...?tag=page;next
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Bumping for moderators/link
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    40
    All the links above lead to the same photo.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,101
    Quote Originally Posted by TB Rhine View Post
    All the links above lead to the same photo.
    CBS is a horrible site. Can't believe you have to click thru 108 photos to get to the ID'd ones. I was looking for another; hope these links work
    Found an easier way, click the gallery in the middle of the arrows on the top right, much easier to sort that way

    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/109/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/110/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/111/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/112/
    Last edited by Roselvr; 04-06-2016 at 06:23 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    CBS is a horrible site. Can't believe you have to click thru 108 photos to get to the ID'd ones. I was looking for another; hope these links work
    Found an easier way, click the gallery in the middle of the arrows on the top right, much easier to sort that way

    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/109/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/110/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/111/
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/112/
    The third picture above, discussed in the "Woman on Motorcycle" thread, has been identified by her family as Christine Ruth Thornton, missing since August 1977. The last known picture of her is this one by Alcala. She has for reasons no longer clear been flagged as "found alive," but the police were unable to tell her sister how or why.

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/thornton_christine.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by WildHuncher View Post
    The third picture above, discussed in the "Woman on Motorcycle" thread, has been identified by her family as Christine Ruth Thornton, missing since August 1977. The last known picture of her is this one by Alcala. She has for reasons no longer clear been flagged as "found alive," but the police were unable to tell her sister how or why.

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/thornton_christine.html
    In 2010 it came to the attention of Christine's family that a photo of her on a motorcycle was among hundreds of photos taken by serial killer Rodney Alcala that were released by the Huntington Beach Police Department. Some time after these photos were released someone identified themselves as Christine and that she was the woman in the pictures. It has not been proven that it was in fact Christine that contacted the police.

    How wrong they turned out to be when saying "found alive" I wonder who called that in as being the woman in the photo? http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...n-wyoming.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Alcala has been charged with her murder -

    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...n-wyoming.html
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,960
    Alcala has been charged with her murder -

    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...n-wyoming.html
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Alcala photos discussion thread - latest updates, news, questions
    By Kimster in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 10:41 PM
  2. My personal theory on the Alcala photos has changed **May be offensive to some**
    By norest4thewicked in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 03:24 AM
  3. Alcala photos Facebook
    By norest4thewicked in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
  4. FACEBOOK for Alcala Photos
    By norest4thewicked in forum Facebook for the Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
  5. Could some of alcala photos be of Hollywood actors when they were young
    By plait in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM