983 users online (203 members and 780 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    89

    Baez, is it legal?

    So the the defense is claiming that poor Caylee died in the swimmng pool on June 16/2008.....

    So why did the defense ask for and receive money to investigate innocent people? Look at the turmoil and more investigative money that went into equasearch. The money all these people had to pay to retain lawyers doesn't seem right or real ! Near the end demanding more more to search the searchers of equasearch and look for someone to say her body was never in the swam all the time , especially knowing Caylee died all in the pool.

    All the experts hired on behalf of the defense to claim she died in the pool accidently, the extra attorneys paid for by the tax payers money for Casey's defense, yet Baez seems to be handling it ......

    That long search for Caylee's body and the imaginary babysitter ?

    Is this legal and will the defense team suffer any consequences for mishandling or misleading authorites and other innocent folk. For knowingly taking money for false pretenses ?

    Sorry mods if this is not in the right place. I just don't understand the lawin Florida. Don't know how the defense attorneys can mislead the courts and people and demand money for false and misleadingt statements.....

    Why the elaborate story , Casey style ? Why deny the baby was in the trunk if it were an accident?

    Charleyann

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    374
    What a great point charleyann

    Wonder if the JAC can claw back all the money they ve paid out on unecessary private investigater and experts when he knew she Died in the pool ( which is a load of ....well u know what I mean)

    x a

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by angeldust View Post
    What a great point charleyann

    Wonder if the JAC can claw back all the money they ve paid out on unecessary private investigater and experts when he knew she Died in the pool ( which is a load of ....well u know what I mean)

    x a
    Yes ! Even George and Cindy were still looking for the Nanny up until 6 weeks ago....

    Why wait three years to let folks know this was an accident and reap the benefits along the way?
    Why knowingly take false money for a lie ?

    Charleyann

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,143
    Everybody and his brother seems to have made a dollar off Caylee--is it legal--yep.

    Moral...that's personal and many people will need to answer to that question one day, no?
    Anything and everything I type, is all just my opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    325
    I've always said, why sit locked up for 3 years "knowing it was an accident". I would have been singing like a bird. Loudly!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Trvl4Lyfe View Post
    I've always said, why sit locked up for 3 years "knowing it was an accident". I would have been singing like a bird. Loudly!
    That seems sane, though.
    Anything and everything I type, is all just my opinion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL area
    Posts
    2,406
    Didn't HHJP point out at one hearing that a number of lawyers were starting to make money by going after attorneys who wasted the JAC's money? I clearly remember him saying that in one hearing.

    Unfortunately, all the defense has to say is that KC never told them the 'true' story until 6 weeks before the trial started. Since KC will never say a word, it will be impossible to prove anything, so yes, they will get away with it.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silent Lucidity
    Posts
    708
    Wish we knew what the Florida Bar is thinking.
    Anyone have linkies to honest Peer reviews ( JB Peers) without slant?
    Like I have time to read one more thing!
    But, another interesting thing to ponder.
    Thanks, Charleyann. =)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by passin_through View Post
    Everybody and his brother seems to have made a dollar off Caylee--is it legal--yep.

    Moral...that's personal and many people will need to answer to that question one day, no?
    Yes it pretty disgusting others are making money of a precious, deceased baby girl. I equate that to thievery, a crime. Morals are lacking here and the almighty dollar is everything to them. Greed is their motive. Money is truly the route to evil. I have to say there is a lot wrong with this world, love of money is only one thing. Then there is murder....profiting off of a murder gives me the impression that they think it is just business as usual. Pretty sad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    Jose Baez is allowed to present any theory he wants to, and claim that this information just came to light a few weeks ago. There is no way to prove that he knew about it 3 years ago.
    CASEY is the one who should have admitted what happened to Caylee 3 years ago. CASEY is the one who has cost the state all that money for searches and for her defense. CASEY is the one who should be held responsible for everything she has put everybody through. Baez is only doing what a defense lawyer is supposed to do, defend their client. A lot of lawyers are unethical, he's not the only one. Why blame ONLY him for this? Blame the person who caused Caylee's death and the one who brought all this about in the first place.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Yes it pretty disgusting others are making money of a precious, deceased baby girl. I equate that to thievery, a crime. Morals are lacking here and the almighty dollar is everything to them. Greed is their motive. Money is truly the route to evil. I have to say there is a lot wrong with this world, love of money is only one thing. Then there is murder....profiting off of a murder gives me the impression that they think it is just business as usual. Pretty sad.
    I just wanted to add one more thing. Baez used the words about Kronk.( morally bankrupt)
    These descriptive words apply to the DF team. They are MORALLY BANKRUPT.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    I just wanted to add one more thing. Baez used the words about Kronk.( morally bankrupt)
    These descriptive words apply to the DF team. They are MORALLY BANKRUPT.
    I disagree. Baez may be wrong for making accusations about other people involved which he can't prove, but he is only defending his client in any way he possibly can. Defense lawyers do it every day. Not all of them can afford the luxury of only taking on clients who they know are innocent. Some of them have to take on clients who may be guilty, but it's still their job and they are bound to do the best they can to defend them.
    Baez did not cause this case to come about, nor did any of his defense team. I think all of them volunteered to help. Casey hired him to defend her, and even if he is doing a poor job of it... it does not make him morally bankrupt. Unfortunately, there are enough criminals in the world to create a big demand for defense lawyers, but you can't blame the lawyers because the crimes happen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Jose Baez is allowed to present any theory he wants to, and claim that this information just came to light a few weeks ago. There is no way to prove that he knew about it 3 years ago.
    CASEY is the one who should have admitted what happened to Caylee 3 years ago. CASEY is the one who has cost the state all that money for searches and for her defense. CASEY is the one who should be held responsible for everything she has put everybody through. Baez is only doing what a defense lawyer is supposed to do, defend their client. A lot of lawyers are unethical, he's not the only one. Why blame ONLY him for this? Blame the person who caused Caylee's death and the one who brought all this about in the first place.
    I will agree with you on that and I will say that KC is included in the one that is Morally Bankrupt. I don't like the fact that people are reaping in the dough on this. It's just not right in my eyes. It is frustrating when you can not do a thing about it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    89
    [QUOTE=Ricki;6641007]I will agree with you on that and I will say that KC is included in the one that is Morally Bankrupt. I don't like the fact that people are reaping in the dough on this. It's just not right in my eyes. It is frustrating when you can not do a thing about it.[/QUO

    Smirking, Sunglasses, babes on each arm and sailing with celebrities. MORALLY EMPTY is the term I would use. Seems people forget it is about a precious little girl cut short .

    "Old People die , with achievements and memories. Children die with opportunites and dreams ..."

    Charleyann

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In my own reality...it's nicer here.
    Posts
    12,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    Didn't HHJP point out at one hearing that a number of lawyers were starting to make money by going after attorneys who wasted the JAC's money? I clearly remember him saying that in one hearing.

    Unfortunately, all the defense has to say is that KC never told them the 'true' story until 6 weeks before the trial started. Since KC will never say a word, it will be impossible to prove anything, so yes, they will get away with it.
    But didn't they just ask for more money within the last few weeks? What was that for?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Jose Baez threatens legal action over DC's claims he swapped sex for represention
    By Mrs G Norris in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM
  2. Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal
    By strawberry in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM
  3. Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE
    By Insomnia Momma in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 485
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 12:46 AM
  4. Legal Q&A Answers from VERIFIED Legal professionals only
    By JBean in forum Somer Renee Thompson
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 02:40 AM