2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! Orlando Sentinel has this:

Honest, before the trial, I didn't think she did it," says Maria Hodges, who arrived before dawn to secure one of the general-public seats. "But being here changes my perspective. I could see the coldness in her face. Her eyes looked really dark. You don't see that on television."

About JB: If he appears flustered and incompetent on television, the perception is only magnified in the courtroom. The word "overruled,'' uttered time and again by the judge in response to his objections, carries a bigger sting in the quiet chamber.

Baez's co-counsel, Cheney Mason, was one of the most highly regarded defense attorneys in town. I keep waiting for him to rise and take over this case, but he simply sits quietly at the end of the table, deferring to a lesser lawyer.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-mike-thomas-casey-anthony-060911-20110608,0,615741.column

Morning everyone. We are early today. Things are hot again in the NE and we are expecting storms later. How stormy will it get in the courtroom today? Have a wonderful day everyone. Peace

Mornin Mornin All ! I've missed being with you guys for the past couple of days, but have gone back and read almost everything in the evenings. What a couple of days it has been !

Yesterday IS mentioned that Lee was sitting outside the court room - they speculated he would be back on the stand soon - maybe today after the forensics guys are done?

SA doing a wonderful job - keep praying for justice for little Caylee ! :seeya:

did anyone see the exchange between ICA and JB when court ended yesterday? I was able to watch beginning of court and little bit after lunch. I keep waiting for ICA to have a melt down in court. I do not think the DT can control her and I think the anger is building. What do others think?

I know appearances matter but I wouldn't like people convicting ICA because her eyes look dark.

Why does the article say Cheney Mason WAS one of the most respected defense attorneys, not IS? Did something happen to him?

Again I have togive props to GMA..they have common sense. Ashley Banfield points out that it's not the google searches but the "proximal searches"..what was clicked on as a result of google. Dan Abrams pointed out that people have to believe all these people were invovled and not just GA to believe this cockamamee story (my words). They do give props to the DT for "working hard" (is that like getting "most improved"). And they pointed out that Vass IDd the wrong can. I am following Ashley B on twitter. I think it's twitter/abcasheleigh but have to get to work..don't have time to look.

I know appearances matter but I wouldn't like people convicting ICA because her eyes look dark.

Why does the article say Cheney Mason WAS one of the most respected defense attorneys, not IS? Did something happen to him?

Yes, ICA and JB happened to him.

I guess we'll hear more computer testimony today ? I would love to know if they have anything on the laptop, that Casey took to TL's. Maybe, the cell phone pings will be coming in sometime soon too. The last few moments of trial yesterday more than made up for the long, somewhat boring testimony given earlier.

Thanks to all who posted yesterday, on the trial proceedings, my computer lost it's sound. I really appreciated being able to keep up through your postings ! FWIW, my sound is back today, so I am a happy camper !

Who's on the witness list today? :waitasec:

I heard on our local news this morning that LA is suppose to be on the stand today, state to ask about the searches he did of ZG.

(news4jax.com)

I bet the SA is going to have LA, CA and GA testify today to rule out any of them doing the searches on the computer.

You know, I'd never heard of him before this case. From what I've seen when he does do something, he's lost whatever skills he might have had in the courtroom.

IMO, he doesn't speak clearly, he seems confused, and not familiar with this case. When I see him in action, I try to see this great attorney that everyone speaks of, and I don't see it.

ETA - About the eyes looking dark. Her eyes give me chills watching this on my PC, if it's worse to see them in person...Yikes! I doubt anyone would actually dismiss all this evidence and convict on they eye thing though.

Mornin' everyone!

I actually dreamed about Casey last night. I was sharing a house with her, and listening in on her conversation in the next room at one point. And I guess in my dream I was forgetting who she was because several times I thought she wasn't that bad and was friendly to her!!!! I woke up and was like what the heck was that dream about?

Does dreaming about her mean I'm too obsessed? LOL.

Again I have togive props to GMA..they have common sense. Ashley Banfield points out that it's not the google searches but the "proximal searches"..what was clicked on as a result of google. Dan Abrams pointed out that people have to believe all these people were invovled and not just GA to believe this cockamamee story (my words). They do give props to the DT for "working hard" (is that like getting "most improved"). And they pointed out that Vass IDd the wrong can. I am following Ashley B on twitter. I think it's twitter/abcasheleigh but have to get to work..don't have time to look.

Wasn't it JA who I'D the wrong can - I understood it was one of four Dr. Vass worked with. Isn't Baez looking at every exhibit and okaying them? A very simple mistake when you look at the pile on the evidence table and quickly corrected. Not sure why it was even comment on.

Mornin' everyone!

I actually dreamed about Casey last night. I was sharing a house with her, and listening in on her conversation in the next room at one point. And I guess in my dream I was forgetting who she was because several times I thought she wasn't that bad and was friendly to her!!!! I woke up and was like what the heck was that dream about?

Are you missing any money this morning? :giggle:

Mornin' everyone!

LOL - Morning Aedyrs, gets bad when we start dreaming about the people in the case - dog handlers kept moving through mine last night.

But my question to you is do you know where your cheque book is? LOL
Jinx Softail - I owe you a coke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members