2011.06.09 HLN News Coverage - Caylee Anthony MERGED

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoSueMe

Former Member
Reaction score
This is a daily news thread for HLN coverage of the Caylee Anthony case. Please post about the following shows in this thread:

Mike Galanos
Vinnie Politan
Jane Velez-Mitchell
Nancy Grace
Dr. Drew
Joy Behar

Please keep it limited to the current show in real time and only include discussion about the Caylee Anthony case.

Thank you all.
:blowkiss:

Running through the recovery of Caylee should be so sad that one is speechless.

Tonight 8 PM ET on HLN: Nancy LIVE from Orlando, FL, with the latest developments in the murder trial of Casey Anthony!

Have a question or comment for Nancy? Call RIGHT NOW: 1-877-NANCY-01

Graphic crime scene photos of Caylee Anthony's skull & remains shown to the jury. Plus, Tot Mom's brother Lee Anthony back on the witness stand!

"Snip" http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

PLEASE WAIT FOR SHOW TO START BEFORE DISCUSSION. TIA :blowkiss:

Issues with JVM 7PM EST: Question or comment about the Casey Anthony trial? Call us! Here's how to get on our caller list: Email your name + comment + phone # to jane@cnn.com!
PLEASE WAIT FOR SHOW TO START BEFORE DISCUSSION. TIA :blowkiss:

Watched In Session on HLN and I would like them to stop saying that ICA had an emotional day in court, this woman is incapable of feeling empathy for others, the only emotion that we saw from ICA today was anger, rage and pity for herself.

Her illness is obviously a ploy to deflect from the damaging evidence of Caylees remains.

...and JVM said she was sobbing....she wiped away a few tears, geeesh. I say I don't pay attention to them, but I must because I comment on them, LOL

Dr K, a DT mouthpiece just laid out some of the defense case that we will see coming up.

First, he said that the DT has their own botanist who will rebut the states botanist, who is just guessing because according to Dr K, it is not science, and only a rough estimate to say how long the body has been there.

Second, he says the state has a very BIG PROBLEM with Dr.G's autopsy report because she 'failed' to open the cranium. And if she did she would know that the skull did not decompose in an upright position the way the state contends. It had to have been lying on it's side.

Personally I can shoot both of those DT objections down myself, anyone else?

Mark Nejame on HLN right now. Just aheads up guys.

As for Dr. K-
the skull theory will make you think, but just for a moment...
First, RK admitted that he kicked the bag and the skull rolled out
Second, the other forensic dr on there made a good point that she did decompose partly in the trunk
Third, VP made the best point that there has been a hurricane and documented animal interference.
All the state has to do is bring any of this up on cross and the jury will be fine.

I think one of the most amazing things I have heard today on HLN is that Sunny H., a defense supporter has said that today is a "game changer." She said she put on her mom hat and imagined her child (who is the same age Caylee would be) with that duct tape on her .
Let's hope the jury thinks the same.

I didn't know Mr Kronk didn't get the reward because they called 911 instead of I guess the tipline.

As for Dr. K-
the skull theory will make you think, but just for a moment...
First, RK admitted that he kicked the bag and the skull rolled out

If he kicked the bag, why was the skull sunk into the ground up to the eye sockets? Didn't they say there was some plant growth through the skull? Or was that the other bones? If there was, why would it still be intact if he had kicked it out of the bag?

OMG what show are these people watching? The last caller suggested that ICA and Kronk were in cahoots? GMAB

Honestly those kind of calls bother me. I just have to have faith in the SA so they can deliver the message of what happened to dear sweet Caylee to the jury. We have no idea what they may have had in their minds going into this trial.

Casey sobbing uncontrollably, Jane?? Really?? Really?? :banghead:

Casey sobbing uncontrollably, Jane?? Really?? Really?? :banghead:

I can't understand why Jane has so much sympathy for Casey. I did not see Casey sobbing once today. I emailed Jane today regarding the fake tears. Shame..Casey never saw the pictures! She kept squeezing her nose, picking her nose, and dabbing her face with a tissue. Maybe 2 were used while I watched which was most of the hearing.

If he kicked the bag, why was the skull sunk into the ground up to the eye sockets? Didn't they say there was some plant growth through the skull? Or was that the other bones? If there was, why would it still be intact if he had kicked it out of the bag?

Good question- the skull I think is still intact because of the plant roots interspersed with the hair and the duct tape- that is what is holding the mandible on there.
The RK question is a little different- The plant material was soft- look at the photo/testimony of the ME guy who scooped up the skull- he said he scooped up all the plant material until he felt something hard i.e. the ground so the plant material was not like soil, so this could be a possibility.
When you look at the pictures even with the pixels, you can see the scatteredness of everything and the scrunched up bags; garbage everywhere. This does NOT look like a staged scene or something that was recently put there.
This is of course my speculation- the kicking came out in trial today but was quickly objected to by the SA and sustained. I think they were just trying to not let JB run away with what should have been Caylee's moment in court.

On a side note- Mark Nejame was on and said he interviewed RK extensively b/c he wanted to give him a 5K reward since RK was not going to get one and said when the real RK story comes out, it will show that the DT is just shotgunning everything. He was very innocent and just trying to find Caylee. And he is a defense atty.

Not sure if it will get confusing mixing so many threads from HLN. Anyone get on the line yet?

Honestly those kind of calls bother me. I just have to have faith in the SA so they can deliver the message of what happened to dear sweet Caylee to the jury. We have no idea what they may have had in their minds going into this trial.

I iknow people like that. One of my 23 yr old sons friends is like that. EVERYTHING is a conspiracy with him. And he tried spewing that Kronk conspiracy over here once until my son cut him off and herded him out of here, for his own safety I suppose. But his 'reasoning' was that the cops were jumping to conclusions just because Casey was young and hot and liked to party so they wanted to railroad her and they overlooked this crazy meter reader who was in the area and probably kidnapped and killed the child himnself. wth?

I was going to watch it tonight, but just muted when I saw LKB on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker