Does anyone know if Carl Probyn was able to reunite with Jaycee?

michael40

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned in any previous threads.

I know that Carl Probyn was in the media quite a bit after the first few weeks after they found Jaycee but it seems like nothing has been said regarding him since around Jan 2010.

From some of Jaycee's recent statements it sounded like she was wary of Carl in terms of how he felt about her. She stated that she felt as though she was in the way of Carl being able to spend time with her mom Terry and a few other "slightly" negative comments.

Since Carl has a daughter with Terry which is Jaycee's half sister I am just assuming that Carl at some point was included in the reunion.

Sorry if this has been mentioned in any previous threads.

I know that Carl Probyn was in the media quite a bit after the first few weeks after they found Jaycee but it seems like nothing has been said regarding him since around Jan 2010.

From some of Jaycee's recent statements it sounded like she was wary of Carl in terms of how he felt about her. She stated that she felt as though she was in the way of Carl being able to spend time with her mom Terry and a few other "slightly" negative comments.

Since Carl has a daughter with Terry which is Jaycee's half sister I am just assuming that Carl at some point was included in the reunion.

Her step Dad has seen her and the Children.

Her Bio father "F" him who cares.

I don't know if he has or has not. According to the comments made he may have. However, after reading part of the transcript it is understandable that Jaycee would not necessarily be overjoyed to see him. His comment about him, his wife and their daughter being the "three musketeers" must have been hard for Jaycee to take. And the fact she was basically shipped off to her aunt so the three could have "alone time" was also unfair to Jaycee. It is totally possible to be part of a family and yet feel an outsider. The poor lady has really gone through a lot.

I can't help but feel so badly for him, I hope at some point there's a reconciliation.

Thanks for that link. I too am surprised he hasn't seen Jaycee at this point. I figured since they have a daughter together (Shayna) that he would have at least reunited with Jaycee.

I wonder what exactly the argument was that he had with his ex wife. The guy seems like a decent man who also went through quite a bit during all this.
I also would have thought maybe that Shayna would have wanted her own father to be a part of it. I really wonder what's going on there.

Well I think everything is up to Jaycee at this point. It's her call to make.

I don't know if he has or has not. According to the comments made he may have. However, after reading part of the transcript it is understandable that Jaycee would not necessarily be overjoyed to see him. His comment about him, his wife and their daughter being the "three musketeers" must have been hard for Jaycee to take. And the fact she was basically shipped off to her aunt so the three could have "alone time" was also unfair to Jaycee. It is totally possible to be part of a family and yet feel an outsider. The poor lady has really gone through a lot.

WOW after all that he went through "three musketeers" is a big upset???????

I do not see a reason to be in reaction to anything in this post.

JMO

Unfortunately, Carl has now died and he was never reunited with Jaycee. Jaycee and her mom aren’t even mentioned in his obituary, which leads to wonder if Terry and Carl eventually formally divorced.

However, his relationship with Shayna, Jaycee’s half-sister, was strong to end as he moved to live closer to her at one point.

William Carl Probyn Obituary

Shayna is slowly writing a book about her experiences, which may shed some light on her relationship with Carl and how Jaycee’s abduction affected her growing up. In many ways, Shayna’s childhood was stolen too, a childhood she should have had growing up with Jaycee, Carl and Terry. I can’t imagine how confusing it must have been for Shayna seeing her mom crying over a sister she didn’t remember, being sent with her dad to his family for the holidays, and dealing with the stress between her parents and their eventual separation. In addition, perhaps Shayna has felt guilty for having a continued relationship with Carl after Jaycee’s rescue in spite of what Jaycee wrote about him in her book.

I will admit that I wish Jaycee would have at least thanked Carl in her book A Stolen Life for trying to rescue her when she was first abducted in 1991 and for helping search for her before he and Terry separated in 1996. But I understand that Jaycee had a right to thank who she wanted in her book and at that point and even now it’s important for her to make her own decisions after what she suffered!

Unfortunately, Carl has now died and he was never reunited with Jaycee. Jaycee and her mom aren’t even mentioned in his obituary, which leads to wonder if Terry and Carl eventually formally divorced.

However, his relationship with Shayna, Jaycee’s half-sister, was strong to end as he moved to live closer to her at one point.

William Carl Probyn Obituary

Shayna is slowly writing a book about her experiences, which may shed some light on her relationship with Carl and how Jaycee’s abduction affected her growing up. In many ways, Shayna’s childhood was stolen too, a childhood she should have had growing up with Jaycee, Carl and Terry. I can’t imagine how confusing it must have been for Shayna seeing her mom crying over a sister she didn’t remember, being sent with her dad to his family for the holidays, and dealing with the stress between her parents and their eventual separation. In addition, perhaps Shayna has felt guilty for having a continued relationship with Carl after Jaycee’s rescue in spite of what Jaycee wrote about him in her book.

I will admit that I wish Jaycee would have at least thanked Carl in her book A Stolen Life for trying to rescue her when she was first abducted in 1991 and for helping search for her before he and Terry separated in 1996. But I understand that Jaycee had a right to thank who she wanted in her book and at that point and even now it’s important for her to make her own decisions after what she suffered!

Thank you for sharing. This was very sad to read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back