July 3, 1969
Granite Falls, WA
5’ 2” (157 cm)
110 lbs (49 kg)
Brown
Blond/ Strawberry
Snohomish County Sheriff
(425) 388 - 3393
Information and Details: Angela goes by the nickname, “Angie” and was last seen in the Granite Falls area of Snohomish County, WA. If you have information or have seen this missing person, please contact the law enforcement agency listed below:

Submitting Agency and Phone: Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office - (425) 388 - 3393
WSP Missing Persons Unit: 1-800-543-5678
National Center for Missing Adults:

Reactions: mrz
So why were a 41 year old woman and a 23 year old guy hiking together?

I have been following Angela's "missing" page on FB. Her family has been heartbroken by her disappearance. I truly hope they eventually find the answers on where she may be and what happened to her.

Apparently, from reading comments in newspaper articles online, the Granite Falls area has quite a colorful, violent history. A few years back a mother and daughter were shot to death, just last week two campers were found dead from probable gunshot wounds, and then there are tales from others of nearly falling in harm's way by weirdos in the area. I also remember reading about other women who went missing and are still unsolved cases. Are these all random cases or are a few of them related? Or maybe something's in the water.

Apparently, from reading comments in newspaper articles online, the Granite Falls area has quite a colorful, violent history. A few years back a mother and daughter were shot to death, just last week two campers were found dead from probable gunshot wounds, and then there are tales from others of nearly falling in harm's way by weirdos in the area. I also remember reading about other women who went missing and are still unsolved cases. Are these all random cases or are a few of them related? Or maybe something's in the water.

I wouldn't say that. Granite Falls is on the edge of the Cascades, and has lots of popular hiking trails nearby (including Mt. Pilchuck, one of the more popular hiking areas in the Seattle area.) Pretty much anything that happens out there is listed as happening "in Granite Falls" even if it is miles out.

The two campers committed suicide according to the Coroner, and they were closer to Verlot (where Pilchuck is.)

Year passes since Granite Falls woman disappeared

Angie Gilbert's family has struggled to find the balance between hope and survival.

They've spent the past year hoping someone would find their daughter, sister and mother.

They've also tried to learn to live without her. No matter what, they just want to know what happened.

Angela "Angie" Marie Gilbert was last seen June 2, 2011, near Granite Falls.

She was 42 and a mother of six.

More: http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120601/NEWS01/706019893

Remembering Angie: A remembrance ceremony for missing Granite Falls woman Angela "Angie" Marie Gilbert is planned for 2 p.m. Sunday at North Cove Park, 1812 Main St., Lake Stevens, behind City Hall.

Sunday marks two years since Gilbert was last seen. People are invited to share memories of her. People who know anything about her disappearance are invited to come forward.

http://heraldnet.com/article/20130601/NEWS01/706019949/-1/NEWS01

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni