Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 536

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,260
    Did he say anything about Tim Miller (TE) searching today? Curious if he doing land or water searches?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  3. #352
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,424
    I'd be surprised if any of the fellow students had anything to do with her disappearance. these kids have way too much to lose over killing a girl and dumping her body for a single night's stupidity.

    only time will tell.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:


  5. #353
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,828
    Tim Miller and ESearch arriving today.

    IMO, the tension between the media and Captain was thick. Very much doubt this is stranger abduction. Mom's comments cemented that for me.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:


  7. #354
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    21,685
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If not for the fight, I would be leaning more toward a stranger abduction. Right now, the fight having happened keeps me stuck on the group LE seems to be focusing on, at least for now. True, it could be a non-factor but it happened and could have led to a motive to harm Lauren, or the harming of Lauren by accident in an altercation.
    Or it put a spotlight on Lauren and triggered twisted fantasies in a sadistic perp's mind.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  8. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  9. #355
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,260
    Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  11. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,828
    Young adult college kids>fine line between eluding police and left the area/state to return home for summer break (be back soon for questioning!).They've got their hands full with the media, the integrity of the investigation, the attorneys, the POIs' reputations, the amount of focus on t case due to effective use of social technology, and the demand for answers.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:


  13. #357
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Or it put a spotlight on Lauren and triggered twisted fantasies in a sadistic perp's mind.
    Police have said Lauren herself was not involved in any fight. I don't think that fight itself had anything to do with her going missing.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  15. #358
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,460
    I honestly don't know what to think. I do not believe that college-age young men are less likely to commit crimes against young women; they are probably the most likely, if we had the stats. Even if the person is not one of the current POI's, he could well be another college student, as the population of that area seems to be almost completely college students and those awake and out at the hour might well be college students. Lots of young men have rage issues or a short fuse, and no one really knows to what degree until it is too late.

    I do think the fight is a factor, at least for now. Lauren may not have been "involved" but she may have been the reason. No one would want to admit to that once she is missing, but I believe it was related.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  17. #359
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Paraphrasing---t video gives us t direction, but also t activity that has taken place...distinction tween your responsibility and ours-we r not to t point that we can release that yet (video)
    BBM

    This has my curiosity piqued.

    The video gives us the direction.....I assume this to mean the direction they were travelling??

    The activity that has taken place....Activity by Lauren & CR within the camera view? Activity throughout the night, ie. others passing thru video? Car activity in the video?

    They have made it sound like all the alley cam caught was Lauren and CR walking thru the camera view to his place, like it was nothing big. This statement regarding "activity" makes me wonder.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:


  19. #360
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?
    Yes, and shame on the others who may know something (Mom never said---the college kids)---not a leap for me though.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:


  21. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?
    I am wondering if one or more persons took and failed LD tests, or refused to take them and that is what she is referring to?

    Where Lauren ended up...is what is so hard to guess, if indeed any of the POI's were involved.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  23. #362
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    21,685
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Police have said Lauren herself was not involved in any fight. I don't think that fight itself had anything to do with her going missing.
    If Lauren was present, and she was the subject of the conflict, then she was, in effect, involved, though she might not have exchanged blows with anyone. Another student or a stranger lurking in the shadows would have picked up on what the argument was about.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  24. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  25. #363
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I honestly don't know what to think. I do not believe that college-age young men are less likely to commit crimes against young women; they are probably the most likely, if we had the stats. Even if the person is not one of the current POI's, he could well be another college student, as the population of that area seems to be almost completely college students and those awake and out at the hour might well be college students. Lots of young men have rage issues or a short fuse, and no one really knows to what degree until it is too late.

    I do think the fight is a factor, at least for now. Lauren may not have been "involved" but she may have been the reason. No one would want to admit to that once she is missing, but I believe it was related.
    I am guessing that the reason for the fight was that friends of the boyfriend took offense on his behalf, considering that LS brought the guy to her apartment building at ~2:30 am and at least one witness told reporter CR was showing "inappropriate affection" toward LS. But other than that I am not sure what the fight itself could have to do with her missing. I think it is highly unlikely any of the boyfriend's friends involved in the fight would then try and harm her. Although I would not be surprised if they did inform the boyfriend of what took place.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  27. #364
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    LS's Mom: ...Shame on t person who harmed L and same (shame) to t person/s who know about this information [and need to come forward]...(paraphrased)
    So they know she has been harmed? Or they assume so??

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:


  29. #365
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    If Lauren was present, and she was the subject of the conflict, then she was, in effect, involved, though she might not have exchanged blows with anyone. Another student or a stranger lurking in the shadows would have picked up on what the argument was about.
    I believe the fight took place inside the apartment building. Highly unlikely there were any strangers lurking in the shadows. Furthermore we then have her going to CR's apartment and spending some time there, at least one hour. Any stranger lurking would have no way of knowing she was going to leave CR's apartment building and go home alone (if that is what she did).

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  31. #366
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I am guessing that the reason for the fight was that friends of the boyfriend took offense on his behalf, considering that LS brought the guy to her apartment building at ~2:30 am and at least one witness told reporter CR was showing "inappropriate affection" toward LS. But other than that I am not sure what the fight itself could have to do with her missing. I think it is highly unlikely any of the boyfriend's friends involved in the fight would then try and harm her. Although I would not be surprised if they did inform the boyfriend of what took place.
    That is what I believe-that the friends informed the boyfriend right then. What happened next and what, if any, action he took is unknown. So in that way, the fight could be a part of the case, if indeed the boyfriend came looking for Lauren.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  33. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    So they know she has been harmed? Or they assume so??
    I think at this point this would be the most reasonable assumption to make.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  35. #368
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,460
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    So they know she has been harmed? Or they assume so??
    Well, kidnapping someone would be harming them, in a way, so it is hard to tell what meaning this has. Or it could be a slip, speaking what one is thinking...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  37. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    That is what I believe-that the friends informed the boyfriend right then. What happened next and what, if any, action he took is unknown. So in that way, the fight could be a part of the case, if indeed the boyfriend came looking for Lauren.
    The likelihood of the boyfriend being informed increases if there were several of his friends who observed LC and CR together.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  39. #370
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,460
    As horrible as the alternative might be, I have to say, I really hope the boyfriend is not involved...nothing worse for her parents, to have someone they trusted end up being the one who harmed her. Yet it happens, time and again.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  41. #371
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Young adult college kids>fine line between eluding police and left the area/state to return home for summer break (be back soon for questioning!).They've got their hands full with the media, the integrity of the investigation, the attorneys, the POIs' reputations, the amount of focus on t case due to effective use of social technology, and the demand for answers.
    Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

    MOO, QUACK & BAAAA
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  43. #372
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    21,685
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I believe the fight took place inside the apartment building. Highly unlikely there were any strangers lurking in the shadows. Furthermore we then have her going to CR's apartment and spending some time there, at least one hour. Any stranger lurking would have no way of knowing she was going to leave CR's apartment building and go home alone (if that is what she did).
    How many residents do you think live in the apartment building? How many of these "friends" were present? I'm not ready to exonerate anyone or ignore any possibility, certainly not on the information thus far provided.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  44. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

    MOO, QUACK & BAAAA
    No one really has an obligation to talk to police.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  46. #374
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,828
    BLOG
    Not MSM

    http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/...investigation/

    It's all in a word---did the 2 POIs "elude" and "evade" the police, or did the students return home to begin their summer vacation, etc.

  47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:


  48. #375
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    21,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

    MOO, QUACK & BAAAA
    ee-i-ee-i-o

    I agree.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"



  49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 197
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
  2. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 3-Jun-2011 - barefoot
    By marycarney in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
  3. Replies: 697
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •