Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    I'm assuming it's been well searched as well, but I was thinking the woods behind the ReStore would be a good place to look at.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surly Sasha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    Btown, it looks like from the images available, you should be able to see that handrail in the gravel lot from Morton? Did you look around on that street near the gravel lot for any buildings with cameras? I know we're asking a lot. 1 set of eyes for all of us.

Yes you can see the handrail from Morton. The 10th & College building has some cameras. I have marked where the cameras are.
    However, they are pointed at the alley running between 10th & 11th, and the alley between College and Morton.
    The direction they are pointing would not show the handrail or gravel lot.

I'll look closer tomorrow for some cams on Morton facing the lot, but today I didn't see any security cams that show that area.
    Last edited by Btown; 06-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whatever1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Sasha View Post
    I'm assuming it's been well searched as well, but I was thinking the woods behind the ReStore would be a good place to look at.
    Heh, I was just there with 2 other people. Great minds eh?
    Scared the heck out of 2 bunnies. Saw some tire tracks in the grass, leading to the woods.

I'll probably take a better look tomorrow, and the RR tracks that run behind the ReStore also.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post
    Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.
    She supposedly was taking a different route, turning S on College at 11h IIRC. Look at the blue line in Btowns first pic, it depicts the route as we know it.
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    I am not aware of this story. Could you pass on some info about it? There are RR tracks across the street 1/2 block from 5 North Apartments. I looked around there while I was just out, but I would like to look more tomorrow, even though its reported to have been searched.
    It was mentioned on HT online but I don't know if they mean the tracks off of Rogers or the ones that go over College there near the adult bookstore.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Surly Sasha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Sasha View Post
    It was mentioned on HT online but I don't know if they mean the tracks off of Rogers or the ones that go over College there near the adult bookstore.
    That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past. It was the first place I thought of when I heard she was missing.

I hope she didn't go that way...

I'll try to find out more about the story on the HT.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past.

I'll try to find out more on the HT.
    That would suggest that stranger abduction theory is not out of the question at all. If she was going home alone, early ours of the morning, no keys, phone, or shoes, and met with some unsavory character, abducting her would not be hard at all.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Wow thanks for the pic. Have been wanting to put a face with his name.. My first thoughts.. Lauren is the tiniest of girls at 90lbs and 4"11.. This easily seen In all her pics as well as dEscription on Missing flyers.. With that being the case and In looking at the pic of her and Jesse.. My rough estimate of a guess would put him at about 5"3-5"4.. As there is not alotta height difference at all..

Just something I observed and am taking into consideration.. IMO he is definitely a small male.. Jmo..

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Wow thanks for the pic. Have been wanting to put a face with his name.. My first thoughts.. Lauren is the tiniest of girls at 90lbs and 4"11.. This easily seen In all her pics as well as dEscription on Missing flyers.. With that being the case and In looking at the pic of her and Jesse.. My rough estimate of a guess would put him at about 5"3-5"4.. As there is not alotta height difference at all..

Just something I observed and am taking into consideration.. IMO he is definitely a small male.. Jmo..
    He could maybe be closer to 6ft if she is wearing heels. I'm 5'3 but I love wearing 3-4 inch heels. My husband is 6'4. He towers over me by almost a foot when I'm in flats, but only appears 6-7 inches taller than me when I wear heels.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coltsgal For This Useful Post:

Regarding the altercation and whether the boyfriend would have been told that night or not:

I asked several male friends I was with this evening. We have been friends for about a decade and asked them if they would wait to tell their friend their gf's cheating on them. As soon as I asked the question one of my friends started laughing and reminded me of a night, about 4 years ago, when we were all out at a bar and he spotted a mutual friends girl getting cozy with someone other than her boyfriend. He reminded me that we headed closer to her, he caught her attention and waved his phone at her in a "gotcha *****" kind of way. She was off and running within moments. He did tell the friend on the spot and I believe most men would. These are all guys who value their friendship and see each other as family.

With that being said they would also inform a friend if they felt some guy was being hands-y with their gf and it was not appreciated. I don't believe guys who didn't think there was something going on would have let her walk out of smallwood after the confrontation. Someone is lying here and since the confrontation is caught on tape it can only be the reason behind the confrontation. He was being "aggressive" and "bothering" Lauren does not hold up when we realize the boys let her leave with said "aggressive" guy.

The likelihood of a stranger abduction is pretty nil. It would be one hell of a coincidence to be abducted by a stranger after such an interesting and dramatic evening. Lost items, fights, multiple locations. It is all just too much for a stranger abduction to have occurred on TOP of all that.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lilcheese For This Useful Post:

I'm amazed at how much info. has been released in this case, however; has anyone heard if any of the search dogs picked up her scent at all??

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whatever1 For This Useful Post:

That is an unsavory area. I do not relish searching it. There are strange groups of individuals that have been noticed hanging out there late at night in the past. It was the first place I thought of when I heard she was missing.

I'll try to find out more about the story on the HT.
    To clarify, I was speaking about the RR tracks in the area near the adult book store.

The tracks on rogers don't exist anymore. That is now a rails to trails. They removed the tracks and made a nature path for bikes an hikers. Bloomington is like that. Near the apartments, its just a concrete path. Over on Rogers its the gravel path.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheese View Post
    Regarding the altercation and whether the boyfriend would have been told that night or not:

I asked several male friends I was with this evening. We have been friends for about a decade and asked them if they would wait to tell their friend their gf's cheating on them. As soon as I asked the question one of my friends started laughing and reminded me of a night, about 4 years ago, when we were all out at a bar and he spotted a mutual friends girl getting cozy with someone other than her boyfriend. He reminded me that we headed closer to her, he caught her attention and waved his phone at her in a "gotcha *****" kind of way. She was off and running within moments. He did tell the friend on the spot and I believe most men would. These are all guys who value their friendship and see each other as family.

With that being said they would also inform a friend if they felt some guy was being hands-y with their gf and it was not appreciated. I don't believe guys who didn't think there was something going on would have let her walk out of smallwood after the confrontation. Someone is lying here and since the confrontation is caught on tape it can only be the reason behind the confrontation. He was being "aggressive" and "bothering" Lauren does not hold up when we realize the boys let her leave with said "aggressive" guy.

The likelihood of a stranger abduction is pretty nil. It would be one hell of a coincidence to be abducted by a stranger after such an interesting and dramatic evening. Lost items, fights, multiple locations. It is all just too much for a stranger abduction to have occurred on TOP of all that.

I like your post lilcheese..I couldn't find the thanks button..hehe

totally agree, most any decent men with morals would tell their friends, and I believe most decent women would do the same thing. Anybody having a man code of not telling me thinks they like the code b/c they wouldn't want being told on if they were in the same situation.

Crazy events, something doesn't add up. I hope they check all obvious places. A girl in Ohio was recently killed by her mother's boyfriend and after searching, news crews being in their home, her body was in the basement of their house all along.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Whatever1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post

Jesse's head is cocked to the side. If he were to straighten himself she would hit about cheek level/chin level. She looks like she may be wearing shoes as well. I'd put him at about 5'7-5'9 maybe 160ish. Not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination, but substantially bigger than her. I'm basing that on the fact that I am 4'11 and have a picture with a similar pose with my ex, upon examination I hit him about lip level in most pictures and he was 5'7 and change.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilcheese For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast