Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 536

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheese View Post
    IU alum might be able to answer this question. Are there a lot of NY kids who happen to end up at the school? I ask because a quick look at the people involved reveal a pretty high amount of New Yorkers.

    Lauren is from Westchester
    Jesse is from L.I.
    Lauren's room mate, according to her Facebook profile info, is from L.I. as well. Another girl who has been named as a friend of Lauren's at school is from a town about 15 minutes away from Lauren in Westchester.
    Jesse has several people who pop up with NY HS networks and Indiana as their college.

    Seemed a bit odd to me, but I might be reading into nothing. Looks like these kids who were from lower NY an in Indiana formed a pretty tightly knit group.
    Lauren, Rossman, Wollfe, Mike, Jay - ALL the kids involved in that night are Jewish. This is EXTREMELY common of the Jewish community in the US and everywhere else in the world - they are a very tight knit community. A lot of Jewish kids only date Jewish kids and vice versa.

    This is what makes this case so weird. Everyone involved was part of a very tight knit community.

    Even if Rossman and Lauren weren't close friends - they have [modsnip] that bond in common. They also probably have A LOT of friends in common as well.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-11-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: inappropriate term, stereotyping

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    If these reports are correct, it seems like they MIGHT be starting to rule Rossman and Beth out.

    BLOOMINGTON, Ind. Police investigating the disappearance of Lauren Spierer were given DNA samples Friday afternoon from Corey Rossman, the Indiana University student Spierer was with the morning she went missing, and his roommate, Mike Beth.
    Beth told The Journal News on Friday night that he did give a DNA sample but that he was told by his lawyer not to discuss the case with reporters.
    "I just hope that they find her," he said. "She was our friend."

    Ronald Chapman, a lawyer for Beth, said his client was reinterviewed by police Friday.
    "There was no reason for him not to," said Chapman, who described it as a "wrap-up" interview and suggested police would have no further interest in talking with his client. He would not elaborate. He declined to comment on details of the investigation or reveal what his client said about Spierer's visit to the apartment.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...tion-dna_n.htm

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    I don't think we really know why LS walked CR to his apartment. Looking at his photo, I don't see any obvious injuries (except maybe on the lip) but if somebody punched him, it does not appear to be too serious. We know it was reported he had not gone to the doctor for this supposed concussion.

  5. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    If these reports are correct, it seems like they MIGHT be starting to rule Rossman and Beth out.



    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...tion-dna_n.htm
    That doesn't really tell us anything about police ruling them in or out.
    Only that the two of them voluntarily gave up their DNA samples.
    Police did not say they confirmed the account of LS leaving while CR was safely tucked into bed by his friend.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  7. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I don't think we really know why LS walked CR to his apartment. Looking at his photo, I don't see any obvious injuries (except maybe on the lip) but if somebody punched him, it does not appear to be too serious. We know it was reported he had not gone to the doctor for this supposed concussion.
    I don't think it was that serious at all. I do think he got punched though. That was caught on tape.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  9. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    That doesn't really tell us anything about police ruling them in or out.
    Only that the two of them voluntarily gave up their DNA samples.
    Police did not say they confirmed the account of LS leaving while CR was safely tucked into bed by his friend.
    Well, Beth's lawyer said:

    Ronald Chapman, a lawyer for Beth, said his client was reinterviewed by police Friday.
    "There was no reason for him not to," said Chapman, who described it as a "wrap-up" interview and suggested police would have no further interest in talking with his client. He would not elaborate. He declined to comment on details of the investigation or reveal what his client said about Spierer's visit to the apartment.



    "Wrap-up" interview... if the lawyer is being truthful...

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  11. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Well, Beth's lawyer said:

    Ronald Chapman, a lawyer for Beth, said his client was reinterviewed by police Friday.
    "There was no reason for him not to," said Chapman, who described it as a "wrap-up" interview and suggested police would have no further interest in talking with his client. He would not elaborate. He declined to comment on details of the investigation or reveal what his client said about Spierer's visit to the apartment.



    "Wrap-up" interview... if the lawyer is being truthful...
    It doesn't come from the police though but from the defense lawyer, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,025
    Once again, I just hope all of these young men will be honest and keep talking to police, with their attorneys, so that if Lauren was adbucted by a stranger, LE will not have to continue to waste time on this group.

    If she was taken by a stranger, the trail is extremely cold...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  15. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Once again, I just hope all of these young men will be honest and keep talking to police, with their attorneys, so that if Lauren was adbucted by a stranger, LE will not have to continue to waste time on this group.

    If she was taken by a stranger, the trail is extremely cold...
    Very cold.

  16. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,025
    With all of the cameras in this area...hard to believe that she could have been grabbed and taken away in a car and nothing was caught on tape. I am hoping they just have not seen the right tape yet. Also hoping that the plate numbers of any cars seen in the area can be enlarged and viewed so they can track down any suspicious drivers.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  18. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    That's sad... that the stranger abduction theory is probably cold now.

    Part of me STILL thinks the events from that night could have just been regular college parties drama and that Lauren could have just been vulnerable for a stranger to snatch her and get away with it.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  20. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    With all of the cameras in this area...hard to believe that she could have been grabbed and taken away in a car and nothing was caught on tape. I am hoping they just have not seen the right tape yet. Also hoping that the plate numbers of any cars seen in the area can be enlarged and viewed so they can track down any suspicious drivers.
    And yet police don't have any images of her going back from CR. I think though that cameras are only facing the alley. So if she didn't take that route she would not end up on tape.

  21. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,294
    I would like to hear more from Jay Rosenbaum. So far, Corey & Mike have been vocal about not being the last to see her, and we have "reports" that it was Jay, but have heard nothing from him or about him but that he is friends with Corey.

    I'm trying to give CR the benefit of the doubt as it doesn't appear he has lied about anything. His lawyer is the one who we heard about the altercation from, so he did tell his lawyer that happened. It's also been noted he was severely intoxicated and Lauren helped him home. We have the alley cam showing the both of them walking thru the camera view. His roommate then confirms they arrived at the apt. and that he put him to bed. Again, seems plausable when roommate sees his condition, hears about the fight, and says okay buddy, enough for tonight, you're going to bed. CR passes out. I don't see a reason, other than the truth, for his roommate Mike to provide an alibi for CR because then that puts HIM as the last one to see her. He then says she went to Jay's apt and it looks like from reports that we have Jay confirming that and seeing her leave about 4:15pm. Again, if CR, Mike, and Jay are all friends, why throw Jay under the bus if she didn't really go there? I think CR and Mike are being truthful.

    IIRC I also remember reading an article that said Mike Beth tried to convince her to just spend the night at their place since it was so late, but she declined. Anyone else remember reading this? I'll see if I can find it.

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:


  23. #139
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,990
    She last was seen on video with Rossman shortly after 3 a.m. June 3 after they left her apartment building. Jay Rosenbaum, a friend of Rossman's who lives in his building at 11th Street and North Morton Avenue less than half a mile from where Spierer lives, told police that he saw Spierer leave his building between 4:15 and 4:30 a.m. and turn the corner onto North College Avenue.

    But police suggested they have not confirmed that account, and Rossman's lawyer, Carl Salzmann, said Friday that he thinks Spierer went to Rosenbaum's apartment after leaving Rossman's.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...tion-dna_n.htm
    IMO, the whole thing hinges on JR's statement, like you Clu I hope they are all telling the truth.

    In the interview yesterday, LE said they are enhancing the video (of the alley?) in order to identify the cars. Hopefully this will lead somewhere. I still have questions about the boyfriend and where he was that night, if his car shows up on that video, well ...
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  25. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,025
    Is the alley one where cars could and do drive?

    She had to have been taken away in a car at some point...no matter who is responsible. Or at least out of the general, highly-populated area.

    As far as Lauren still being alive, I don't see how any of the current POI's, if they are all students, would have access to any place where she could be kept alive, so that is scary. She might have a better chance, and still not great, of being alive if they are all innocent and a stranger is the perp.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  27. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    As far as I understand it, JR is only confirming that he saw her leaving, not that she was in his apartment. CR's lawyer has been the most vocal one so far, we haven't really heard from others. So far we don't know what the boyfriend was doing that night.
    The timeline as I understand it is as follows:
    LS and CR first partied at the bar then she brought him to her building. Where the friend of the boyfriend saw them, presumably got upset that CR and LS were together, and allegedly punched CR.
    After which LS and CR took off for CR's place. Upon arrival, CR's friend apparently claims he put CR to bed. And JR apparently claims he saw LS leave. Can anyone else confirm that? JR's lawyer has not been talking as far as I know.
    Did the friend that allegedly punch CR inform the boyfriend of what took place immediately or the next morning? Did the boyfriend try to look for her that night? Boyfriend's lawyer has not been talking as far as I know.

  28. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    The only reason that I am also confident about Corey and Mike's statements is because they make sense. I mean, we do have the altercation caught on tape, we have Corey's lawyer confirming it. Both guys seemed to urgently comply with the requests to provide DNA.

    I mean, yes, they are friends, but they are also young so if their story was made up, one of the two could have cracked by now or given inconsistent information.

    Their story makes sense, are consistent, and seems to match with what was taped on camera.

    Of course, they can be really good liars and have been able to keep their stories straight this whole time, but it looks like they are telling the truth from MY POV.

    I also wonder about Jesse and Jay now...

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  30. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    While I also find it hard to believe that college students could keep it a secret if they knew of what went on, but when Natalee Holloway went missing, the three men of college/high school age were last seen with her, and yet we still have no clue as to what exactly happened to her.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  32. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    While I also find it hard to believe that college students could keep it a secret if they knew of what went on, but when Natalee Holloway went missing, the three men of college/high school age were last seen with her, and yet we still have no clue as to what exactly happened to her.
    True. Honestly, for me anything could have happened. I'm kind of in square 1. Either of the 4 male POI'S could be involved... or the reamining 6 - or a stranger abduction.

    I literally wouldn't be surprised with any outcome. Which is weird because I normally have a strong hunch on cases...

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  34. #145
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,990
    AMW airs tonight, hopefully this will produce some fruitful tips.

    At 7:08 in the video (link below), a reporter asks if there are cars in any of the footage being reviewed. He answers that there are cars and they are working to enhance the video in order to identify them. Does not say "alley", so I was wrong about that.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28197690/index.html
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  36. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Good article and it seems like the investigators are in square 1 as well:

    http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/

    As investigators piece together this puzzle they are looking at two main options, assuming Spierer did indeed meet foul play. In one scenario, she leaves the Rossman/Beth/Rosenbaum complex and is confronted by an unknown person as she is walking alone at 4:30am. The second is that one or more of the persons of interest knows more than they are telling. And while four names have been made public, there are six more people of interest, whose names remain a secret.
    Rossman and Spierer were both seen by Mike Beth, Rossman’s roommate, who is said to have asked her to stay because of the late hour, but instead Spierer left.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:


  38. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,025
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    While I also find it hard to believe that college students could keep it a secret if they knew of what went on, but when Natalee Holloway went missing, the three men of college/high school age were last seen with her, and yet we still have no clue as to what exactly happened to her.
    In other cases (Phylicia Barnes, Haleigh Cummings) we've seen young people keeping their mouths shut for a very long time, as well as sticking to their original stories...I don't think young people are as easily intimidated by LE or authority as they used to be...or at least as I was, at that age...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  40. #148
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,990
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    The only reason that I am also confident about Corey and Mike's statements is because they make sense. I mean, we do have the altercation caught on tape, we have Corey's lawyer confirming it. Both guys seemed to urgently comply with the requests to provide DNA.

    I mean, yes, they are friends, but they are also young so if their story was made up, one of the two could have cracked by now or given inconsistent information.

    Their story makes sense, are consistent, and seems to match with what was taped on camera.

    Of course, they can be really good liars and have been able to keep their stories straight this whole time, but it looks like they are telling the truth from MY POV.

    I also wonder about Jesse and Jay now...


    Anything is still possible at this point, we just don't have enough details. But I agree with you, about CR & MB.

    Now what about JR & JW, we have yet to hear anything from them or their attorneys.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  42. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    In other cases (Phylicia Barnes, Haleigh Cummings) we've seen young people keeping their mouths shut for a very long time, as well as sticking to their original stories...I don't think young people are as easily intimidated by LE or authority as they used to be...or at least as I was, at that age...
    Not trying to berate anybody because of social-economic status, but Phylicia and Haleigh seems to come from a poor/troubled background. This does play a role.

    Personally, I cannot relate to what was going on on those cases, as the people involved in both seems SO shady. The same thing with Haley Dunn's family. Shady, shady people.

    In Lauren's cases, we are talking about seemingly normal college students who could just be any of us here...

  43. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,025
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Not trying to berate anybody because of social-economic status, but Phylicia and Haleigh seems to come from a poor/troubled background. This does play a role.

    Personally, I cannot relate to what was going on on those cases, as the people involved in both seems SO shady. The same thing with Haley Dunn's family. Shady, shady people.

    In Lauren's cases, we are talking about seemingly normal college students who could just be any of us here...
    But the motivations to, perhaps, lie are almost always the same; to cover up a crime or to cover up other behavior going on the night of the crime, which may apply to all of these cases.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 197
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
  2. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 3-Jun-2011 - barefoot
    By marycarney in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
  3. Replies: 697
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •