Lawyer Of The Day: Mr. Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank heavens. When you stated that he had been profiled as lawyer of the day my heart sank. Had someone really written someone as being the best lawyer of the day?

I was thankful when I read the article.

ME too, I immediately ran to the article thinking What The Heck??

Thank heavens. When you stated that he had been profiled as lawyer of the day my heart sank. Had someone really written someone as being the best lawyer of the day?

I was thankful when I read the article.

A must read. Here is an excerpt.

Any lawyer trying to make his way in the shark-infested waters of lawyerdom would kill to be profiled by a national news outlet like ABC. That is, unless the profile in question is a hit piece that makes you look like a bit of a buffoon

He won't understand the article anyway....it's probably on his mothers refrigerator as we speak, with all of his other "accomplishments"

Parental abuse. It almost worked in the Menendez Brothers case, so why wouldn’t it work here? Well, for starters it’s a bit tough to draw a line from sexual abuse to mere lying without the jury going that step further and assuming your client was so messed up that she also committed murder. If you’re going to claim the crazies, you really have to push all your chips to the middle of the table and admit off the bat that your client did the dirty deed. Legal philosopher Big Daddy Kane once said there Ain’t No Half-Steppin’. I tend to agree.

This is a good point. What with everybody that's been saying how Casey was a good mother and had a great bond with Caylee and JB's even made a point of asking people about this, it's a bit difficult to combine that picture with the concept of the woman who is unable to feel due to past abuse, to the point that she can show no grief or shock at the death of her only child. But if she really was so messed up that she has no feelings it is very easy to conclude that she had no feelings for Caylee and if she had no feelings for Caylee she could more easily have killed her and thrown her away in a garbage bag.

He won't understand the article anyway....it's probably on his mothers refrigerator as we speak, with all of his other "accomplishments"

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:floorlaugh:

OMG he used to sell bikinis? :floorlaugh:

Some of the comments on that article is golden.

I'm confident in the jury system. By the time this trial concludes they will vote unanimously to give Baez the needle.

Gosh I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I saw this headline. :silly: article.

Great article that highlights all of JB's er positive traits ?? LOL Thanx for sharing

Bill Schaeffer actually apologized this afternoon for his snarkiness and sarcastic remarks about JB. He said it just keeps creeping up on him because the defense is so absurd any attorney with a brain would never have put it on.

Oh well -

This guy ( a lawyer ) didn't even pay child support.

No comment.

No more questions.

moo

Bill Schaeffer actually apologized this afternoon for his snarkiness and sarcastic remarks about JB. He said it just keeps creeping up on him because the defense is so absurd any attorney with a brain would never have put it on.

Oh well -
He had me cracking up with his sarcasm.

I loved the way they wrapped up the issues with Baez. I teach children with dyslexia to read. I have a small practice. There are some kids that I can not help (for a few reasons- not important) The prospective parents do not know that coming into my clinic. They don't even know that this is a possibility. They don't even know they are trusting me to to make that professional judgement call. When i turn parents/children away I risk 3 things- 1. Money. 2. If the parents do not understand the reaso, and do not pursue the alternatives, the child continues to be at risk. 3. Pride. it's a HUGE sacrifice for me to give up that student. But I DO it. I do it because in the long run it is better for the CHILD. I only have the child's life in my hands in a very subjective and not literal way. Baez is not qualified for this case. He either is in complete denial about his abilities or obsessed with his desire to "prove" to everyone that he is a good lawyer. I don't know how this case will turn out but I'm sure if she is found guilty the trial will be appealed. Hopefully- someone qualified will step on board. I'm not afraid of defense lawyer competence in this case.

Well well well I saw ( had to mute it ) Geraldo devote his entire show defending JB and ICA I think that says it all. If you can stand it you should listen/watch it. He did have some rational guest on as well as the usual suspects, AKA JB/ICA "consultants" I unmuted it when one of the rational guests was speaking and Jerry Rivers er .. I mean um Geraldo had a mini melt down saying something along the lines of Andrea Yates got a pass because she was a right wing religious blah blah blah he couldn't form a coherent thought at that point so I flipped back to watching the 24 hours Lemans race.
Lots of specials on all the cable news nets this weekend also I watched a two year old special on TLC/DISC which was a nice refresher.

I realize ICA paid JB in the beginning with the money from pictures of Caylee. Then ICA was declared indigent thus she qualified for a court appointed attorney. So now JB is her court appointed attorney and paid by Orange County? Does anyone know how much a court appointed attorney is paid by Orange County? Cheney Mason is working pro bono according to Jean Kasaras.

The article posted and the ABC article certainly sized up JB real good. He confuses me. :maddening:

I loved the way they wrapped up the issues with Baez. I teach children with dyslexia to read. I have a small practice. There are some kids that I can not help (for a few reasons- not important) The prospective parents do not know that coming into my clinic. They don't even know that this is a possibility. They don't even know they are trusting me to to make that professional judgement call. When i turn parents/children away I risk 3 things- 1. Money. 2. If the parents do not understand the reaso, and do not pursue the alternatives, the child continues to be at risk. 3. Pride. it's a HUGE sacrifice for me to give up that student. But I DO it. I do it because in the long run it is better for the CHILD. I only have the child's life in my hands in a very subjective and not literal way. Baez is not qualified for this case. He either is in complete denial about his abilities or obsessed with his desire to "prove" to everyone that he is a good lawyer. I don't know how this case will turn out but I'm sure if she is found guilty the trial will be appealed. Hopefully- someone qualified will step on board. I'm not afraid of defense lawyer competence in this case.

If only everyone had your ethics :rocker:

Thing is,ICA has 5 attorney's ,as HHJP pointed out in court the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82