Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Oh my gosh. I just saw on WESH that what I thought this morning was someone's child in a headlock during the brawl in line at the courthouse was actually a man. They just got into pushing each other. So crazy. A man was trying to talk to a reporter, and there was this chorus of people chanting "liar."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wholehearted For This Useful Post:

I can't wait for JA to cross this guy. He will destroy him no doubt in my mind. First he will destroy his study, then he will attack his knowledge of the trunk liner in the case and what he knows or doesn't know about any cleaning of the trunk. Then he will ask him how many trunk liners he has cleaned where a bag child died and some fluids leaked out of a bag.

I also like the idea of asking him if he drove this car around town with the pigs in it.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    I have a lunchtime appointment, but I made you guys some comic relief after this maggot filled morning. Hope some fun is okay in sidebar - if not mods will delete and I will come back and find myself in timeout!

Her hair looks like cornrows...guess shower wasn't last night.

Justice For Caylee So sue me CA!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Also, that the trunk could have been opened and aired any number of times. There is no evidence that the trunk was sealed until LE seized it. Cleaning, opening????

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to texaslb218 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    The quality of the State's evidence is very good, this won't derail the case. However, from what I've been hearing on the news, Juror # 4 may well derail this case. It could well happen there will be an 11-1 holdout vote coming and as a result a mistrial. Mistrial because the jury won't reach a verdict. If that happens, the state can try the case again.
    My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!

TH's said she never takes notes but she took notes yesterday!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bon For This Useful Post:

The quality of the State's evidence is very good, this won't derail the case. However, from what I've been hearing on the news, Juror # 4 may well derail this case. It could well happen there will be an 11-1 holdout vote coming and as a result a mistrial. Mistrial because the jury won't reach a verdict. If that happens, the state can try the case again.
    Themis

Thank you for this information from the news. I am questioning that information and not you, again thank you for your post.

What information does the "news" have regarding this juror they are basing this opinion on? TIA.

Blessings to the children of the world~May peace be yours.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Ohhh wow, just had a thought - Has Baez opened the door to get the trunk stain with the imprint of the child's body in?
    according to Bill S he has opened several doors...that being one of them--the other was the hiring of this expert...12-11-08--before the body identified...
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    I have a lunchtime appointment, but I made you guys some comic relief after this maggot filled morning. Hope some fun is okay in sidebar - if not mods will delete and I will come back and find myself in timeout!

Why do I see a male body part several times in that picture?

IMO

I keep wondering if JB is smiling at any juror in particular as he charmingly watches them enter and exit.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heartfortruth For This Useful Post:

Can someone please help me to understand something......

Baez in opening statements said that George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, only hiding her body. This was a terrible accident and not a death penalty case.

Why are they attacking a dead body in the car? What really is the point of doing that? Are they going to attempt to put George in possession of the car during the time that Casey was driving Tony's jeep? If so, then why are they disputing a dead body in the damn car? Wouldn't placing George in the car with a dead body strengthen the theory they told during opening statements, or have they completely forgotten what they told the jury about what happened here?

I just don't see how attacking the car is getting them anywhere. If the jury believes the testimony that there was a dead body in the car, and the defense cannot place George in possession of the car, what then?

This cannot be considered reasonable doubt, this has all to do with lack of common sense. Maybe I need a break..
    Justice For Caylee Marie

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    Her hair looks like cornrows...guess shower wasn't last night.
    I think she only washes that hair once a week.....by friday it is really greasy....kinda like if you were to put Crisco in a pan.......
    jmo

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zoey For This Useful Post:

This bug expert may open up the doors as to why there was no DNA or fingerprints on the duct tape. He claims there is a greasy sludge that comes off a decomposing body. That, coupled with extreme humidity (being triple bagged in a hot florida car) might very well destroy any DNA or fingerprint evidence.

JA only question might be, So have you done experiments with bugs and decomp fluid left in a hot trunk for 3-5 days with a toddlers body? Or any body for that matter?

If bugs flew in to feast on the decomposing body, would they then get mostly trapped in the bag?

What if the body spent a day decomposing in a different location, then was put in the trunk. What would you expect to find then?

The questions are endless. This guy isn't really talking about the case in chief. He's theorizing about other cases and what he's seen before. Which is nothing like this case.

FRUSSSSSSSSSTRATING!

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sumbunny For This Useful Post:

Ok...here's a little info about ME. I'm not really a drinker. I drink a glass of wine or two on social occasions....I do have an extensive liquor cabinet, because I buy it on cruises because it is cheap, and I like the pretty bottles!

But this week, I have been CRAVING that Patron Tequila I have up in that cabinet...as well as the Absolute Peach, Absolute Lemon, Crown Royal, Kaluhua, Baileys, Malibu Rum and Bacardis.

In fact, I have been having dreams of popping the top on just about each and every one of those pretty bottles......

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Florida...yeah, that's right...FLOR-i-DUH
    Greetings everyone! I missed the entire morning's testimony, but other than the bug dude's blooper (he was called by the DT on Dec. 11th?? Really??? Hmmmm....), I guess I didn't miss a whole heckuva lot.

Well, I came prepared for the afternoon session ... plenty for everyone!

Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pita View Post
    Jose should be embarrassed he need to get coached via text messages...
    OMG I know, how embarressing for him to be reading out the text msg to the judge and tripping over the words. How do real lawyers stand him?

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post
    Also, that the trunk could have been opened and aired any number of times. There is no evidence that the trunk was sealed until LE seized it. Cleaning, opening????

Exactly....gas cans in, gas cans out

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    IMO, Baez is trying to set up GA as the one who cleaned the trunk, pointing to GA as being involved in Caylee's death.
    xcept that Cindy admitted she cleaned the car

not sure about the trunk however
    IF I PUT IT HERE ITS MY OPINION. apparently i have no idea when i need to say that in a post, so this should cover it....IN MY OPINION anyways,

welcome to the gates of hell JVDS.

Jose Baez: “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Jose Baez to da judge :

".....that type of testing is unique. we requested that they be allowed to test items and that of course was objected to by the state and and uh the state uh granted or sustained their objection, denied our opportunity to have him test these items due to a very specialized field, subfield, of dna that he is one of the pioneers of uh in the alternative of we were granted the ability to test certain items by an outside lab...."

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to costalpilot For This Useful Post:

I don't know Themis. This gal may indeed vote guilty, but hold out on which charge to vote for. She may be insistent that ICA not receive the DP.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquita71 View Post
    Sorry to pop in and post something obvious but what does this have to do with Caylee dying by an accidental drowning? Why would Jose be working so hard to deny there was a body in the car-just say George put it in the car. Or whoever they are going to place blame on next.

Everyone!
    ITA. This is absurd. They have George, Cindy, and the tow guy's testimony that the car had that odor. WTH is Baez doing? Alienating the jury, imo.
    Plus for the prosecution.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wandering For This Useful Post:

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Why is Baez spending the entire day trying to prove there was no body in the trunk?

Didn't he say the child died in the backyard? So how did she get to the dump site?

Is he going to try and say she was carried by hand there?

What is the point of this entire days testimony so far?
    He wants to infer that casey's hands are completely innocent of any involvement. Caylee drowned, george found her, george disposed of body (his car - doesn't want it to appear casey drove around even 10 min. with her child's body in her trunk), george is to blame for it all. And since he abused her she kept her mouth shut - that's her only crime, keeping her mouth shut... and so you can't really blame her for that even. I believe Jose has promised casey that she will go home at the end of the trial. He's promised her she's going to be found innocent and that everything will point to george.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:

I know I am usually against knocking Casey for her supposed "flirting" or how she dresses, etc.

BUT:

Do you think she's found a new love interest? Going in for the kill? Is he her Knight in shining armour?
    Attached Images Attached Images

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uklaw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!
    I am not worried about Juror #4. I think she is taking as much notes as she can for each side so she can properly, in her mind, make a decision. We already know this is going to be hard for her, but I don't think we should rush to judgment just yet on her. She has seen those jailhouse tapes and watches Casey in court everyday. I just don't think she is blinded by the defense. Good Lord, NO ONE is blinded by the defense. And Casey is not OJ, not a celebrity who can do no wrong. I have faith that Juror #4 will look all of her information and decide the right thing. She'd have to be a living cadaver to believe anything from the defense so far (and I know they may have some small points, but they continually shoot themselves in the foot so much that those small points are continuously lost).

And besides, if the news is saying it, they are only doing that to get attention. That's what the news does.

41. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Yup. I have been asking the same things. Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    Can someone please help me to understand something......

Baez in opening statements said that George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, only hiding her body. This was a terrible accident and not a death penalty case.

Why are they attacking a dead body in the car? What really is the point of doing that? Are they going to attempt to put George in possession of the car during the time that Casey was driving Tony's jeep? If so, then why are they disputing a dead body in the damn car? Wouldn't placing George in the car with a dead body strengthen the theory they told during opening statements, or have they completely forgotten what they told the jury about what happened here?

I just don't see how attacking the car is getting them anywhere. If the jury believes the testimony that there was a dead body in the car, and the defense cannot place George in possession of the car, what then?

This cannot be considered reasonable doubt, this has all to do with lack of common sense. Maybe I need a break..

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CementPond For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    Why do I see a male body part several times in that picture?

IMO
    RespectfullyQuoted jon burrows

Because you nasty.

No, really the minute you said it I saw what you were talking about...I am saying that about myself. Hope the joke lands...
    Blessings to the children of the world~May peace be yours.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...

45. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post
    Casey pretty much said she cleaned the trunk when she told Amy she got rid of the smell.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

47. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast