864 users online (143 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

LKB hired as HLN, 'In Session' contributor Baden will be on for duration of trial

OK, maybe it's me but doesn't anyone find this kind of fishy?

Mod's sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, I am just really shocked that Mrs.Baden will a contributor for HLN after being on Anthony's defense team at one time.

Linda Kenney Baden, a former attorney for Casey Anthony, started today as a contributor for HLN and “In Session.”

Linda Kenney Baden hired as HLN, 'In Session' contributor

"Snip" Orlando Sentinel (blog) posted by halboedeker on June, 13 2011

Baden will be on for the duration of Anthony’s murder trial.
    Kenney Baden cited financial reasons when she left the case in October.

HLN and “In Session” today started showing a photo of Caylee Anthony with duct tape. The image comes from a controversial videotape in which the toddler’s face turns into a skull.

On “In Session,” Kenney Baden decried the image as “outrageous,” “inflammatory” and not needed by the prosecution.

Baden predicted the case would come back because of the issue.

Full Story: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ntributor.html

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post

Mod's sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, I am just really shocked that Mrs.Baden will a contributor for HLN after being on Anthony's defense team at one time.
    Now I really can't watch. Tried watching on Friday and the woman was screaming at the screen. Literally. One needs a drink in order to get through the segment. And Linda has the proverbial SMILE stuck on her face and it doesn't matter how gruesome the talk gets, we still smile.

Disgusting. That's my first and initial impression. I'm sticking with it.

May be legal, but I don't believe it's "right." And the spin has just got to stop. It's the defense side; the SA side has been very professional.

Un-freakin'-believable!

Who's next? JB after the trial. UGH

Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

Personally, I cannot stomach the woman. I will change the channel when she comes on HLN.

Thanks for the warning !

For sure I will NO longer watch HLN or IS -- as long as she is on the tube "spewing" ...

I will get my news right here from WS !
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

She is perfect for this show! Wait a minute, she's going to be on In Session and HLN. Aren't these two different channels? Well, I don't watch either one so maybe I'm wrong. I also will get the (truth) news here at WS

I have a suggestion to others who can't stand listening to Baden on In Session. I turn on In Session then mute it. I pull up one of the raw streaming videos on my computer and listen to trial with no Baden or commercials. I can turn the sound up so I can hear what is on as I do my housework and check the big screen when a new witness comes on.

Oh, man!

This is disturbing. Does the DT (and now HLN and IS) realize that she does not help their case. She is insulting. Her perception of what is going on is illogical. She uses bullying tactics and tries to make her audience feel stupid if they do not agree with her. She is entirely too abrasive.

But, this is all about ratings! More of a sideshow, circus....

This means that I will have to keep the remote in my hand and mute it every time she begins to scream. Which will be quite often and my carpal tunnel will act up....

I've got to go find my carpal tunnel pain creme...

Painfully,
    BeagleMom

WTH is InSessions doing? First they change to tru tv, had that <mod snip>Starr Jones on, we all protested and eventually she was off the show. Whew.
    Lost a lot of viewers though.
    Then the programming changed, and ended w/ court cases at 3pm. Nice.
    Most of us abandoned TTV at that point. They are truly NOT a court TV anymore, don't care what they have printed on the side of those media trucks, they aren't into trials like they used to be. We need someone else to step up and be a court tv type channel w/ court coverage all day and eff those dumb commercials. InSession then dropped their message board, with just a few hours notice. Unbelieveable. Still more people left TTV.
    Now they are showing 5 min of testimony during the short period of time they even show testimony anymore, then 5 or 6 commercials, all for shows on their own channel. TTV we get it: your stupid shows come on at 3pm. The previews make them so unappealing who would watch them anyway?
    So the demise of TTV, courtTV, Insessions, or whatever you call it, is hopefully upon us. They are merely capitalizing on the few hangers-on or ppl w/out a computer now and cashing in by showing some of the trial 9am to 1pm, cos they know there is a larger than normal viewing audience during the Casey Anthony trial..... JMO thanks for letting me vent.

abbie
    Last edited by Kentjbkent; 06-13-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Bar Associations need to start paying attention to this. Seriously. People need to start DEMANDING different standards for attorneys.
    Justice for GEORGE!

The amount of <mod snip> associated with the defense in this case is just amazing to me - I'm not some naive 20 something, have been around courts for one reason and another and have seen some really intelligent and well played lawyering............... I guess there is some truth to the statement that everyone has their price........hers must be pretty low to pull this switch, and what do you say to your colleagues? How do you hold your head up in public? Lord..................
    Last edited by Kentjbkent; 06-13-2011 at 05:47 PM.

My response:

No other response is needed.

Justice For Caylee So sue me CA!

I generally do not have a problem with talking heads, even when pro-defense, it adds to the conversation.

I find LKB offensive, too glib, too much smiling when talking about a dead baby. Takes one small topic and blows it into some "don't you see how stupid this is" kind of thing, laughing all the time. It really feels to me like she has an agenda other than devil's advocate.
    My opinion only, please keep it that way

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast