LKB hired as HLN, 'In Session' contributor Baden will be on for duration of trial

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
:waitasec: OK, maybe it's me but doesn't anyone find this kind of fishy? :banghead:

Mod's sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, I am just really shocked that Mrs.Baden will a contributor for HLN after being on Anthony's defense team at one time.

Linda Kenney Baden, a former attorney for Casey Anthony, started today as a contributor for HLN and “In Session.”

Linda Kenney Baden hired as HLN, 'In Session' contributor

"Snip" Orlando Sentinel (blog) posted by halboedeker on June, 13 2011

Baden will be on for the duration of Anthony’s murder trial.
Kenney Baden cited financial reasons when she left the case in October.

HLN and “In Session” today started showing a photo of Caylee Anthony with duct tape. The image comes from a controversial videotape in which the toddler’s face turns into a skull.

On “In Session,” Kenney Baden decried the image as “outrageous,” “inflammatory” and not needed by the prosecution.

Baden predicted the case would come back because of the issue.

Full Story: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...aden-hired-as-hln-in-session-contributor.html

:waitasec: OK, maybe it's me but doesn't anyone find this kind of fishy? :banghead:

Mod's sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, I am just really shocked that Mrs.Baden will a contributor for HLN after being on Anthony's defense team at one time.

Now I really can't watch. Tried watching on Friday and the woman was screaming at the screen. Literally. One needs a drink in order to get through the segment. And Linda has the proverbial SMILE stuck on her face and it doesn't matter how gruesome the talk gets, we still smile.

Disgusting. That's my first and initial impression. I'm sticking with it.

May be legal, but I don't believe it's "right." And the spin has just got to stop. It's the defense side; the SA side has been very professional.

:maddening::banghead:

Who's next? JB after the trial. UGH

:maddening::banghead:

Thanks for the warning !

For sure I will NO longer watch HLN or IS -- as long as she is on the tube "spewing" ... :puke:

I will get my news right here from WS ! :websleuther:

She is perfect for this show! Wait a minute, she's going to be on In Session and HLN. Aren't these two different channels? Well, I don't watch either one so maybe I'm wrong. I also will get the (truth) news here at WS

I have a suggestion to others who can't stand listening to Baden on In Session. I turn on In Session then mute it. I pull up one of the raw streaming videos on my computer and listen to trial with no Baden or commercials. I can turn the sound up so I can hear what is on as I do my housework and check the big screen when a new witness comes on.

Oh, man!

This is disturbing. Does the DT (and now HLN and IS) realize that she does not help their case. She is insulting. Her perception of what is going on is illogical. She uses bullying tactics and tries to make her audience feel stupid if they do not agree with her. She is entirely too abrasive.

But, this is all about ratings! More of a sideshow, circus....

This means that I will have to keep the remote in my hand and mute it every time she begins to scream. Which will be quite often and my carpal tunnel will act up....

I've got to go find my carpal tunnel pain creme...

Painfully,
BeagleMom

WTH is InSessions doing? First they change to tru tv, had that <mod snip>Starr Jones on, we all protested and eventually she was off the show. Whew.
Lost a lot of viewers though.
Then the programming changed, and ended w/ court cases at 3pm. Nice.
Most of us abandoned TTV at that point. They are truly NOT a court TV anymore, don't care what they have printed on the side of those media trucks, they aren't into trials like they used to be. We need someone else to step up and be a court tv type channel w/ court coverage all day and eff those dumb commercials. InSession then dropped their message board, with just a few hours notice. Unbelieveable. Still more people left TTV.
Now they are showing 5 min of testimony during the short period of time they even show testimony anymore, then 5 or 6 commercials, all for shows on their own channel. TTV we get it: your stupid shows come on at 3pm. The previews make them so unappealing who would watch them anyway?
So the demise of TTV, courtTV, Insessions, or whatever you call it, is hopefully upon us. They are merely capitalizing on the few hangers-on or ppl w/out a computer now and cashing in by showing some of the trial 9am to 1pm, cos they know there is a larger than normal viewing audience during the Casey Anthony trial..... JMO thanks for letting me vent.

abbie

Bar Associations need to start paying attention to this. Seriously. People need to start DEMANDING different standards for attorneys.

The amount of <mod snip> associated with the defense in this case is just amazing to me - I'm not some naive 20 something, have been around courts for one reason and another and have seen some really intelligent and well played lawyering............... I guess there is some truth to the statement that everyone has their price........hers must be pretty low to pull this switch, and what do you say to your colleagues? How do you hold your head up in public? Lord..................

My response: :sick:

No other response is needed.

I generally do not have a problem with talking heads, even when pro-defense, it adds to the conversation.

I find LKB offensive, too glib, too much smiling when talking about a dead baby. Takes one small topic and blows it into some "don't you see how stupid this is" kind of thing, laughing all the time. It really feels to me like she has an agenda other than devil's advocate.

If and when LKB appears on Dr. Drew, I am giving up my eye candy.

Well now, there's another benefit to this being closer to over, cannot stand her.

I would like a caller who can get through to be able to ask her, on the shows she appears on, and have that host * force * her to answer (now that she is with HLN, will she be on NG? ), why she left the Defense team she is constantly advocating for. If she so believes in the innocence of ICA, she could have stayed on the DT "pro bono" and kept up her fight for the defense of an "innocent" person who is being tried for an ultimate death penalty conviction. If she really believes the drowning/GA abuse/the pass-off of the body to Roy Kronk, she could have stayed and fought where her comments and beliefs and lawyering skills * really * make a difference, at the actual trial. If she so strongly believes in ICA's innocence, she should have stayed on the DT and helped defend ICA. Instead of showing up on TV shows, where the current jurors cannot see her. I wish one of the hosts of these shows, or a caller, would ask her the above. IMO, MOO, etc. my opinion only. But I assume she is shilling for potential "new" jurors out there, should there be another trial. IMO, MOO, etc.

If and when LKB appears on Dr. Drew, I am giving up my eye candy.

:waitasec: Wasn't she just on Dr. Drew last week???

:sick:
I do recall LDB saying she really likes ICA.
Perhaps she should/would trade places with DCS and be the inmates courtroom babysitter.
DCS doesn't appear to like her designated job!

I dont watch In Session sinse HLN bought it and changed it. Cant stomach the new players so this is just one more reason why I wont give them my rating.Waste Huge Waste!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back