973 users online (131 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Katie Hester Poythress, 87, Henderson, Oct 2004

See Link for photo of ths dear lady...

~~~~~~~

Time is running out for Katie Hester Poythress.

The 87-year-old Henderson woman, her car and her purse have been missing since Saturday afternoon.

Family members say she does not have with her the critical medications that she needs to stay alive - prescriptions for high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Poythress has coronary artery disease.

The last known sighting of Poythress took place between noon and 2 p.m. on Saturday when a relative, Dixie Young, saw her go through the checkout line at Lowe's Foods at MarketPlace shopping center.

Friends, neighbors and family members became concerned Saturday when darkness fell and Poythress had not returned to her modest but immaculate home at 542 Radio Lane.

Poythress has a son, Joseph Poythress Jr. of Cincinatti. She has two daughters: Betsy Little of Fayettville and Vivian Efrid of Durham. They have all come to Henderson to find their mother.

The formal search was being conducted Monday by Henderson police and a helicopter from the North Carolina Highway Patrol. Sheriff's deputies were on the lookout for the woman in Vance County.

http://www.hendersondispatch.com/art...ews/news02.txt

Here is a pic of a car similar to Katie's:
    http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/i...pe=post&id=203

Here is a thread with news articles:
    http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/i...&st=0#entry667

Thoughts and prayers to Katie and family,
    May she be found soon.

fourboys

Oh, Lord, may this sweet lady be found safe...please let no harm have come to her. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

How frightened her family must be!! God grant them comfort and a swift. positive resolution to this.

[QUOTE=englishleigh]Oh, Lord, may this sweet lady be found safe...please let no harm have come to her. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

AMEN

This poor lady.. she just looks like everyones Mom or grandma ... I hope they find her soon.

This is heartbreaking...
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    See Link for photo of ths dear lady...

The 87-year-old Henderson woman, her car and her purse have been missing since Saturday afternoon.

Family members say she does not have with her the critical medications that she needs to stay alive - prescriptions for high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Poythress has coronary artery disease.
    This is the kind of case where I would be checking bodies of water, and embankments she may have driven past in her travels. Perhaps she drove off the road.

This woman is the same exact age as my beloved grandma.

Reward Offered for Clues in Missing Woman Case

By ABC 11
    (10/13/04 - HENDERSON) The family of a missing woman in Henderson is using cash to beef up their desperate search. They'll give $10,000 to anyone who can bring their loved one home safely.

Katie Poythress, 87, disappeared Saturday. She was last scene in Henderson. Tuesday, aerial searches were launched around Hillsborough following a tip that her car may've been spotted there.

Her family says they're just hoping someone can lead them to her. At her home on Radio Lane, everything is in order. The only things missing are her car and purse.

Henderson police are asking everyone to be on the lookout for her car - a light blue four door Toyota Camry.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/news/101...singwoman.html

I feel sick over this lady being missing... like my own grandmother is out there somewhere lost

Hope there is news soon.

Are there any updates on her? This lady is the just a bit older than my Mother. Please Lord let her be ok.

Lady Sleuth
    jmho

I pray she is found soon, this is so sad!!! I'm keeping up with this case closely.

Her body has been found.

:*(

Oh, noooo!! I had a feeling this might not end well, but how very sad. I hope she just wandered off and wasn't murdered. :*( My prayers and sympathies to her family! I wonder if they have found her car? It doesn't sound like it. I hope she wasn't carjacked and murdered for her car.

Oh nooooo, I am so upset so sad

I was really hoping for a happy ending!

EnglishLeigh, the article said her car was found in the same park she was found in. Said the state crime lab would process her car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast