IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

I thought of drugs instantly when someone said Lauren wanted to party. I do not think this hurts her, or her friends characters. This is something many people do, although choice of drug may differ.
I also wonder if she did get any type of drug beyond alcohol, how she might behave. I know when I've had too many to drink, I'm more friendly, affectionate, etc. This would be my main concern. She may also have OD'd on drugs or alcohol. She's tiny, she may have been too intoxicated to walk home alone and be in her right mind.
I've had many nights in Bloomington where I was so drunk that I found myself in strangers apartments (friends or friends). Luckily my friends never left my side. But, if they had, Lord knows where I could have ended up.
Because I don't think her potential use of drugs is bad, I think it would give insight into her frame of mind. Was she sober by the time she walked home? Was it possible she decided to go to another friends house? Maybe she decided to go look for her phone...

I'm a bit frustrated as this hits a little close to home and a little too close to how I was in school....

I haven't been able to find it in the posts but is there a map of where her things were found yet?

New to WS...very excited to be here.

I haven't been able to find it in the posts but is there a map of where her things were found yet?

Welcome to Wensleuths iaNJsc!

Try searching on post from Btown... he had a few good maps in thread #2. I'm not sure if he had those things marked or not.

Hello and welcome to WS, iaNJsc!

More info. Supposedly before leaving JR's apartment, LS tried to phone someone to see if he knew where her phone was. Since the bar would have been closed, I do not believe she would have tried to go back there. I must say a lot of these students LS was hanging with appear to be involved in public intoxication cases.
"Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed.""
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...igation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I apologize if this has already been posted - just jumped on and haven't caught up with the newest postings.....Creole

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...details-her-night-parents-TV?odyssey=nav|head

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police for the first time Monday acknowledged that they have received information that college student Lauren Spierer may have overdosed on cocaine and that the student or students who were with her panicked and disposed of her body.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters, asked by a reporter about these "rumors" during a morning news conference, replied: "Have we heard information along those lines? Absolutely."
But he said detectives had not ruled that possibility, or any other, in or out in their investigation of the missing student.

Some really good info here:

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...igation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Hadar Tamir, Spierer's roommate at Smallwood Plaza apartments, on Monday filled in more details of that morning, saying Spierer was hanging out with her until 12:30 a.m., then went with another Smallwood resident, David Rohn, to friend Jay Rosenbaum's apartment up the street.

Spierer, Rohn and Rosenbaum watched a basketball game at Rosenbaum's, said Tamir, who is friends with Rohn and Rosenbaum. They were joined there by Corey Rossman, who lives two doors down, she said. Tamir said Mike Beth, Rossman's roommate, was also there.

A while later, Rossman and Spierer went to a bar, Tamir said, and Rohn returned to Smallwood.

About 2:30 a.m., Spierer -- who left her cell phone and shoes at the bar -- and Rossman returned to her building, where other students confronted him.

One punched him in the face, causing him to lose memory of the exchange and his interactions with Spierer after that, Rossman's lawyer said.

They then went to Rossman's building, where Beth, his roommate, put him to bed, said Beth's lawyer, Ronald Chapman.

Beth watched Spierer leave. She then went to Rosenbaum's apartment.

Tamir, who has spoken with Rosenbaum since then, said Monday that he had tried to prevent her from leaving.

"He told me he tried to make her stay and sleep on his couch but she refused, so finally after trying to convince her, she left," Tamir told The Journal News.

"He told me he watched her leave and told her, 'If you stumble then I'm going to make you come back in here.' But he watched her leave and she seemed fine so he just let her go," Tamir said.

Before leaving, Tamir said, Spierer used Rosenbaum's phone to call Rohn to see if he knew where her phone was.

Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed."

He did say that police questioned Rohn.

"It's pretty clear that the police looked at his phone," Chapman said. "They wanted to talk to him and everything seemed copacetic."

More info. Supposedly before leaving JR's apartment, LS tried to phone someone to see if he knew where her phone was. Since the bar would have been closed, I do not believe she would have tried to go back there. I must say a lot of these students LS was hanging with appear to be involved in public intoxication cases.
"Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed.""

If LS had called DR and left a message, that would be so helpful in pinning down a last verifiable time she was known to be alive. Just a call though from JR's apt/cellphone though doesn't mean she actually made the call herself. I would like to think she did, but IDK.

I have a question hopefully someone with more experience would be able to answer from a forensics standpoint. Since LE has apparently searched CRs vehicle, and had CR and MB submit their DNA, couldn't that simply be to identify what DNA was found in the vehicle. Like, they want to establish their DNA from other DNA possibly found there...like hair or something? Not necessarily that they did anything or are suspected of it, just to establish theirs from other's? TIA.

At least from reading that article, I don't get the impression she left a message.
So, yes, it would be just a phone call from JR's phone (I presume so since she wouldn't have had her cell phone with her).

Thanks...this was a really informative article...the most clear cut version of events I've seen.

Thanks...this was a really informative article...the most clear cut version of events I've seen.

Still unfortunately doesn't give any clear cut answers. If somebody else could verify that she actually left JR's apartment, that would be most helpful to trying to figure this out.

I think it is interesting that DR is not facebook friends with JR, CR, or MB. He is friends with LS. Maybe DR is the one who knows the most about why LS decided to hang out with the other three that night.

Lauren's parents were on the Today show this morning. Here's the story and video interview.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43392596

The couple told Lauer that law enforcement have kept them involved and informed every step of the way, but even they are helpless in putting together a scenario on what happened to their daughter. “That’s the million-dollar question; we just don’t know what happened next,” Charlene Spierer told Lauer. “The area where all of this took place is such a small area, and she was so close so many times just to being home.”

If LS had called DR and left a message, that would be so helpful in pinning down a last verifiable time she was known to be alive. Just a call though from JR's apt/cellphone though doesn't mean she actually made the call herself. I would like to think she did, but IDK.

I have a question hopefully someone with more experience would be able to answer from a forensics standpoint. Since LE has apparently searched CRs vehicle, and had CR and MB submit their DNA, couldn't that simply be to identify what DNA was found in the vehicle. Like, they want to establish their DNA from other DNA possibly found there...like hair or something? Not necessarily that they did anything or are suspected of it, just to establish theirs from other's? TIA.

At this stage, they will often ask for DNA to see who will and who will not comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail