GUILTY IL - Trooper Juan Rodriguez for child *advertiser censored*, Glen Ellyn, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that we do not have a thread on the LEO. Horrid horrid man!! 60 days???? The loss of his pension is actually a stiffer penalty. And why didn't his past behaviors come to the attention of the dept. who he was working for? Or did they know and just farm him out to traffic control?

The defense attorney's comment is....well, something else.

Cop who watched child *advertiser censored* in squad car gets 60 days

"A retired Illinois State Police trooper who admitted viewing child *advertiser censored* on a state-issued laptop computer while sitting in his squad car supposedly looking for speeding motorists was sentenced today to 60 days in the DuPage County Jail. Juan Rodriguez, 51, of Glen Ellyn, a 27-year veteran of the Illinois State Police, pleaded guilty today to official misconduct and possession of child *advertiser censored*...."

and

Assistant State's Attorney Helen Kapas Erdman told Judge George Bakalis that Rodriguez's name first appeared in connection with child *advertiser censored* during a 2003 federal investigation into child *advertiser censored* sites, and then again in 2008 when another federal investigation showed him viewing child *advertiser censored* sites and using a personal credit card..."

and

"He was using the ISP mobile data computer in his squad to view and download these images," Kapas Erdman said. "He claimed to have his interest sparked by newspaper articles and he wanted to see what the big deal was..."

and

"....He denies ever having touched a child in a sexual manner," said Brian Telander, defense attorney. "He is a decorated Navy veteran...."

and

"...He claimed he was bored on the overtime shift and the obsession overcame him..."

more at link

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...uad-car-gets-60-days-20110614,0,3499720.story

from the above link:

The defendant has no previous criminal record and faced up to five years in prison. Kapas Erdman said he is expected to lose his pension because of a felony conviction.

I hope the has to register as an RSO as well.

60 days is an embarassment to DuPage County and the state of Illinois. I can't imagine what possessed the judge to give a 60 say sentence.

Also from the above link:

"He claimed to have his interest sparked by newspaper articles and he wanted to see what the big deal was,"

GMAB. People don't just choose to view child *advertiser censored* to see what the big deal is.

Thank you Cubby!! My apologies. My head was spinning with the number of horrible child *advertiser censored* cases this morning. Links are quite helpful. Sometimes, I make myself tired.

So, bored Trooper Rodriquez was not only idly surfing the web, he was using his credit card to purchase child *advertiser censored* on his police-issued computer. Less than 30 days behind bars? Does that seem right? I spend my days researching issues pertaining to child *advertiser censored* and exposing the pedophiles and I've yet to pull out a credit card to see what the "big deal is all about". My imagination is plenty.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...r censored*-on-duty-gets-60-day-sentence.html

Former trooper who viewed child *advertiser censored* on duty gets 60-day sentence
July 27, 2011

"A former Illinois State Trooper who used his department-issued laptop computer to browse child *advertiser censored* while on duty was sentenced Wednesday to 60 days in jail and placed on 30 months’ probation.

Juan Rodriguez, 51, received the jail term as part of a deal with DuPage County prosecutors that saw him plead guilty last month to official misconduct and possession of child *advertiser censored*. Judge George Bakalis also ordered the Glen Ellyn man — who is expected to actually spend less than 30 days behind bars — to register for life as a sex offender and undergo any psychological treatment recommended during his probation.

Rodriguez faced a maximum five-year prison term. The guilty pleas also are expected to cost Rodriguez the pension he accrued during the 27 years he worked as a state trooper..."

more at link

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Seriously? He was bored? He had a job to do, and it's called "to protect and to serve". That does not include watching child *advertiser censored* on a company issued laptop.

The guy is a sicko, plain and simple. We've all been bored at one time or another, but I can pretty much guarantee that none of us decided to look at child *advertiser censored*.

The punishment certainly did not fit the crime.

I am, however, glad this creeper lost his pension. After 27 years, that's definitely gonna hit his pocket book. No more paying for *advertiser censored* in his future!!!

MOO

Mel

You know, Melanie, I think I've come to the decision that the judge probably made the right decision. I wish Rodriguez would have gotten more time but losing that pension is a blow. I feel sorry for any family members who were depending on that and had no idea what the guy was doing. That's the really sad part that isn't often discussed. Of course there's the victimization of the children in the *advertiser censored* but I also feel badly for family members. Now, this guy is going to have to depend on the kindness and support of whichever family members still standing by him. The loss of reputation and the humiliation for the family is so sad. Shame on this guy. He hurt a lot of people.

I have to wonder what other trouble he's gotten himself into when he was bored?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back