486. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty

446 91.77%
  • Not guilty

14 2.88%
  • Unable to reach a verdict

26 5.35%
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *MERGED THREADS*GUILTY or NOT GUILTY? (Florida jury instructions added)

*MERGED THREADS*GUILTY or NOT GUILTY? (Florida jury instructions added)

The prosecution will rest tomorrow. Based on all you've heard, do you think Casey is guilty or not guilty?
    Let's pretend shall we?

HERE ARE THE JURY INSTRUCTIONS:

When there will be instructions on both premeditated and felony murder, the following explanatory paragraph should be read to the jury.
    There are two ways in which a person may be convicted of first degree murder. One is known as premeditated murder and the other is known as felony murder.

To prove the crime of First Degree Premeditated Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. (Victim) is dead.

2. The death was caused by the criminal act of (defendant).

3. There was a premeditated killing of (victim).

Definitions.
    An “act” includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

“Killing with premeditation” is killing after consciously deciding to do so. The decision must be present in the mind at the time of the killing. The law does not fix the exact period of time that must pass between the formation of the premeditated intent to kill and the killing. The period of time must be long enough to allow reflection by the defendant. The premeditated intent to kill must be formed before the killing.

The question of premeditation is a question of fact to be determined by you from the evidence. It will be sufficient proof of premeditation if the circumstances of the killing and the conduct of the accused convince you beyond a reasonable doubt of the existence of premeditation at the time of the killing.

To prove the crime of First Degree Felony Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. (Victim) is dead.

Give 2a, 2b, or 2c as applicable.
    a. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant) was engaged in the commission of (crime alleged).]

b. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant) was attempting to commit (crime alleged).]

c. [The death occurred as a consequence of and while (defendant), or an accomplice, was escaping from the immediate scene of (crime alleged).]

Give 3a if defendant actual perpetrator.
    3. a. [(Defendant) was the person who actually killed (victim).]

In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill.

P.S IN THIS CASE: Aggravated child abuse.

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/...9!OpenDocument
    Last edited by Nali87; 06-14-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: wrong land!

Guilty of murder in the First Degree.

Guilty As Sin!

Guilty
    My posts are IMO, MOO ...Unless I have a link to back it up.

5. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to 2door73chevy For This Useful Post:

Guilty of murder in the FIRST DEGREE
    Death Penalty
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

7. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Guilty of murder in the First Degree. JMO
    QueenofWands

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Queenofwands For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Death Penalty
    I agree!
    QueenofWands

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Queenofwands For This Useful Post:

G-U-I-L-T-Y of murder in the first degree.
    Sitting. on. hands.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mamabear1963 For This Useful Post:

Dignity4Victims is offline "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" - Judge Strickland
    Without a doubt, GUILTY of Murder One!
    Casey says, “the b!tch knows what it feels like now,” referring to her mother, Cindy.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dignity4Victims For This Useful Post:

Guilty

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kpalma715 For This Useful Post:

It says this thread has had 10 views, but there are 38 votes. ??? How does that happen?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Guilty Murder 1
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

GeekyGirl is offline I rock at Trivial Pursuit, just don't ask me where I left my keys.
    Not what everyone wants to hear, I know, but at this point, I still don't think I could vote for first degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.
    Last edited by GeekyGirl; 06-14-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Too many "at this points"

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeekyGirl For This Useful Post:

Guilty of first degree murder! Sentenced to DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

I know what I know what I know - by following this case since 2008. I'm going to err on the side of caution right now because I also knew that OJ was guilty too (another different animal). What's the jury thinking - that's what matters to me, and makes me a nervous wreck.

So I voted unable to reach a verdict based on what the state presented. Though I know in my heart she is guilty, will the verdict be the same.

I might have to up my blood pressure meds by the time this over. And also stop taking showers at 3:00 in the afternoon! LOL

Hugs to all of you who have been there on this long and often painful jury. It's not over yet, and I'm just praying - JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE.

MOO

Mel

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nali87 View Post
    WAIT - So in Florida, In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill!?

IS THIS TRUE?
    The site I found it on, seems legitimate. But at first, I was just kidding around. So now that I'm actually reading the jury instructions for Florida, is the above correct??
    the site is correct. capital murder would include a death that occured during the commission of a felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

it does NOT HAVE THE BE PREMEDITATED though it can be found to be, of course.

ETA guilty as charged - both of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse IMHO

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Guilty, surprize, surprize.

31. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nali87 View Post
    WAIT - So in Florida, In order to convict of First Degree Felony Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill!?

IS THIS TRUE?
    The site I found it on, seems legitimate. But at first, I was just kidding around. So now that I'm actually reading the jury instructions for Florida, is the above correct??
    Yes, in Flordia the state does NOT have to prove premeditation.
    “This fog is not so deep that it stops you from attempting to fabricate evidence, right??” Juan Martinez

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gamom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
    Not what everyone wants to hear, I know, but at this point, I still don't think I could vote for first degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.
    My heart is going there as well, as much as I don't want it to. The SA is asking for the ultimate punishment and I just don't know if they got there. Maybe on rebuttal perhaps.

MOO

Mel

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

I think that after you hear the DT present their ridiculous version of events, as they try and blame it all on Roy Kronk and George, then you may see the light. Just sayin...lol
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

37. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    the site is correct. capital murder would include a death that occured during the commission of a felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

it does NOT HAVE THE BE PREMEDITATED though it can be found to be, of course.

ETA guilty as charged - both of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse IMHO
    Oh I deleted my comment because I figured it out. I posted about Felony Murder in first degree. But there are two kinds. Oh how confusing you Americans are. I've edited the post about a million times already lol.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nali87 For This Useful Post:

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Guilty of First Degree Murder, Aggravated Child abuse and 4 counts of lying to LE.
    Life or Death makes no difference to me.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

41. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Guilty but I do not feel I have made the decision excluding all prior knowledge because I simply cannot say its unbiased.....hoping the jurors feel the same but I DO NOT think they will recommend the death penalty. MOO.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ablins For This Useful Post:

GeekyGirl is offline I rock at Trivial Pursuit, just don't ask me where I left my keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think that after you hear the DT present their ridiculous version of events, as they try and blame it all on Roy Kronk and George, then you may see the light. Just sayin...lol
    I'm keeping an open mind. Personally, I think she did it but I'm going by how I think I'd vote if I'd only heard the testimony given at trial up to this point. I hate to say I'm "looking forward" to seeing the defense's case, but it ought to be interesting.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeekyGirl For This Useful Post:

Not even First Degree Felony Murder - when the state does not have to prove a premeditated design or intent to kill?

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Nali87 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast